A new dimensional number for Dirac; Computing whether Earth life is unique or whether there are aliens out there

Old July 15th 05, 06:32 PM

Default A new dimensional number for Dirac; Computing whether Earth life is unique or whether there are aliens out there

Last week I discussed in a thread about whether Charge has the formula
of mc^3 since energy has the formula mc^2. A special number kept
cropping up of that of 10^51. And so I revisited Dirac's old book of
DIRECTIONS IN PHYSICS written about 1975 and sure enough on page 76,
Dirac also has the special number of 10^51 where 10^78 is from
10^51/10^-27.

But today I want to discuss how we can compute whether we are alone in
the cosmos or whether advanced life lives on alien planets.

This involves the Atom Totality theory with its accompanying theory of
Superdeterminism and Brain Locus theory. The idea is that the mind and
thoughts of every brain is a result of photons shot from the Nucleus of
the Atom Totality, like a radio station and the mind of an intelligent
life form is the radio that picks up the signal and then has the
thought or idea. So that every thought is a bundle of photons that are
shot into a brain and whose origin is the Nucleus of the Atom Totality.

I attempted to do this calculation in the 1990s but had no real
success. In an Atom Totality it requires only one intelligent lifeform
to transmute the Universe to its next Atom Totality and since we are
living in Element 94 Atom Totality the next universe is Element 96 Atom
Totality. So the Atom Totality needs only one advanced lifeform to
perform that action. But the observation of a large cosmos with many
planets similar to Earth leads us to suspect that intelligent life is
abundant and that we are not alone.

So let me try again to compute whether humans are alone in the Cosmos
or are not alone.

What I need is some average amount of photons to make an average "idea"
in the mind. We can do that by the computer numbers. How many photons
are involved in say a computer screen such as that before my very eyes
at this moment. I suppose the byte number or pixel number can render us
with a average number of photons involved in this computer screen in
front of my eyes.

Now in an Atom Totality the total number of photons is a very large
number. Last time I computed it was somewhere around 10^160 photons.
This number would relate to Dirac's number of 10^78 number of total
protons in the universe.

What I eventually will strive and drive for is a situation where I
calculate how many photons are remaining from that huge number of
10^160. That residue of remaining photons is what is left over for that
of thought and mind and intelligence. IF I can narrow that residue to a
specific number and then apply the number of photons for a single idea,
I should be able to estimate how much life there is in the entire
Universe.

You see, the idea is that the Nucleus of the Atom Totality has to spend
more photons on thoughts than on the performance of holding together
the total number of protons and electrons in the Universe at large. So
the Universe primary duty is to hold the entire Cosmos together of its
non life matter, but once it performs that duty and has extra remaining
photons, those extra remaining photons can be spent by the Nucleus on
delivering intelligent thoughts to living matter in the Cosmos. If that
residue of photons is a large number then aliens exist. If that residue
is a tinier or smaller than expected number suggests that human life is
alone in the Cosmos.

More later....

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 16th 05, 08:28 AM

Now before I venture on a quantitative approach of proving that aliens
exist or nonexist , I want to summarize the qualitative approach of my
1990s attempt.

Qualitative Approach

(1) An Atom Totality is basically uniformly the same over vast
stretches of space. A uniformity that implies life is uniform
throughout space where there is at least one planet like Earth which
has life in each galaxy. Uniformity would counter the argument that we
are alone and unique.

(2) An idea that would contest uniformity is the idea of Least Action.
If one planet with advanced life can nucleosynthesis Element 192 then
why have millions of planets that craft the element from 96 to 192.
Like the principle of Least Action in physics where the particle
follows the shortest path and spends the least amount of energy. So the
Atom Totality requires just one planet of life to craft the elements up
to 192.

(3) But maybe the nucleosynthesizing has to be done uniformly
throughout space. So that one planet with life is insufficient to make
231Pu Atom Totality go into Element 96 Atom Totality. Here we envision
alot of planets crafting Element 192 in order to create the next new
Atom Totality. So it is a debate on whether Uniformity is the character
of the cosmos or whether Least Action is the character.

I tend to favor Uniformity. But these things can surprize us all and
perhaps the quantitative, the math numbers can prove one way or the
other.

Let me briefly review the math numbers which I used in the 1990s. I
used the total number of Coulomb Interactions of a plutonium atom. It
is a huge number and quite possibly the largest number in physics. It
is the number of photons of Coulomb Interactions that hold together the
plutonium atom. If my memory serves me the number comes to about
10^180. It is the number of photons required at any instant of time to
keep an atom of plutonium together. And I had the number of protons and
electrons in existence in the Cosmos as 10^78 and that the number of
galaxies in the cosmos is about 10^10.

What I did not have in 1990s is how many molecules of DNA exist on
Earth at any one instant of time. What kind of number would that be.
And I did not have a number for a individual thought but have the
feeling that the number of photons required to show a computer screen
is a reasonable number to peg a specific thought.

So if I multiply the number of photons for a thought by the number of
DNA molecules on Earth, what kind of number does it come out to be? Is
it a number that comes out to be approx 10^78???

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 16th 05, 06:57 PM

Archimedes Plutonium wrote last night:

Let me briefly review the math numbers which I used in the 1990s. I
used the total number of Coulomb Interactions of a plutonium atom. It
is a huge number and quite possibly the largest number in physics. It
is the number of photons of Coulomb Interactions that hold together the
plutonium atom. If my memory serves me the number comes to about
10^180. It is the number of photons required at any instant of time to
keep an atom of plutonium together. And I had the number of protons and
electrons in existence in the Cosmos as 10^78 and that the number of
galaxies in the cosmos is about 10^10.

It was around Sept 1995 that I tried to iron out exactly how many
Coulomb interactions exist in a plutonium atom. Using the Halliday and
Resnick textbook that gets 2x10^7 as a minimum number of Coulomb
interactions for neon. With the help of some friends on the Internet,
Hauke Reddman et al, said that neon is 11!/2 and that plutonium would
be 95!/2. But I liked my method of n,L,M_L, m_s of 2^20x2x2x2 for neon
and 2^188x2x2x2 for plutonium. Someone emailed me what the number 95!/2
represents as a decimal to a power and also computed what 2^188x2x2x2
represents as a power of 10, but I missed finding that today. I am
guessing those large numbers are about equal to one another and about
10^180. Can someone in mathematics run their computer and tell me what
2^188x2x2x2 equals and then tell me what 95!/2 equals?? Thanks and much
appreciation in advance.

If the total number of Coulomb Interactions for plutonium is about
10^180 makes sense on an esthetics level. Rare that I use the word
esthetics in physics and should do so more often. I say this because
many of the physics large numbers are about 10^60 and 10^60 in three
dimensions becomes 10^180, so it is aesthetically pleasing because a
three dimensional plutonium atom totality would telescope in on a
number such as 10^60 cubed.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 17th 05, 06:04 PM

[...]

I said I could run into some surprizes and it appears as though that is
what is developing. An idea in the mind of a human or in the mind of a
dog or cat or bird or insect is a snapshot view of the surroundings.
One could say that a look unto the world is a "idea". And an idea is a
snapshot view of a computer screen reading this post. So how many
photons involved in that view? Well it would be about the number of
photons in a typical lightbulb of about 10^20 photons in an instant of
time.

Now how many molecules of DNA on Earth? One can assess an evaluation by
weight. How many cells per volume by weight. And a rough estimate is
about 10^40 cells here on Earth. So when I put those two together I end
up with 10^60 required photons for the Nucleus of the Atom Totality to
keep life going here on planet Earth.

Now that is a considerable load for the Nucleus of the Atom Totality to
bear. Because it takes the Atom Totality a mere 10^78 photons for the
Coulomb Interaction to maintain all the protons in the Universe.

So if the total number of protons in the Universe is managed by 10^78
photons in an instant of time and 10^60 photons are required to manage
just the life on planet Earth in that same instant of time. And if the
total number of photons that can exist in the Atom Totality of 231Pu is
only 10^160 photons.

We have to keep in mind that we will be multiplying the 10^78 by the
10^60 and that would leave remaining a mere 10^22.

The surprize above is that humanity would be alone in the Cosmos.

But I suspect the math is wrong above and that every galaxy has a alien
lifeform on par with the intelligence of human life.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 17th 05, 06:26 PM

Now I wonder if I can somehow do this calculation indirectly, and not
directly. Direct method is my above where I compute all the protons in
the Cosmos, all the photons, all the cells of life on Earth and then
see how many photons remaining for alien life.

An indirect method would be the measure of some other parameter
connected with the Coulomb interaction and a "single idea" or "single
thought". Indirect in that a structure would exist in DNA in order to
process the photons coming from the Nucleus of the Atom Totality.

Let me give you an example of a indirect method. The Nucleus is the
radio station that shots out photons and the DNA is the radio receiver
of life that captures the photons and processes the photons where the
brain is merely a tissue that executes the orders of the photons from
the Nucleus. So here I want to analyze DNA for its ability to capture
photons and process those photons.

What I am focusing on is those genes in DNA that are called "nonsense
genes". They predominate over the number of sensible genes. Why are
they more numerous? Perhaps because they are the main processing center
of incoming photons from the Nucleus of the Atom Totality.

Like a radio station which is the Nucleus of the Atom Totality and the
DNA molecule which is like the radio in the house. And the radio can be
divided into those parts that catch the signal and process the signal
and those parts of the radio that merely function to keep the box
together.

So what I am saying is that the large number of so called "nonsense
genes" are the primary genes that allow a creature to live because
these nonsense genes are the signal receiver to the photons shot from
the Nucleus. And the number ratio between nonsense genes to regular
genes is a significant number.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 18th 05, 06:57 AM

[...]

Time for me to get serious and precise about this. I get that 2^188 is
approx 10^57. I get from the web*calculator, a handy website, that 95!
is 1.03 x 10^148
and when divided by 2 is 0.5 x 10^148.

I need the number of Coulomb Interactions in a plutonium atom.
According to Halliday and Resnick the minimum number of Coulomb
Interactions in neon is 10^7 which is 11!/2.

So I going to presume that 10^148 is the number of Coulomb Interactions
in plutonium.

So I have the total number of protons in the Cosmos of 10^78.
And I like the approx number of photons for an idea or thought as 10^20
(average spew of photons from a light bulb)
And the number of DNA living molecules on Earth is 10^40 approx.

So now 10^78 X 10^60 equals 10^138 which leaves a remainder of 10^10

Now the number of stars in a average galaxy is roughly 10^11
And the number of galaxies in the cosmos is 10^10

Which leaves me to say that there is alien life on 10^5 galaxies out of
a total of 10^10 galaxies
And there is a planet like Earth and a star like the Sun that harbors
alien life on 10^5 stars per galaxy.

That means in our Milky Way galaxy the density of life is 10^10/10^21.

Or the probability of finding life on a foreign star system is 1 in
100,000,000,000.

photons go to the protons and the remainder left over goes to thoughts
and ideas by life form. This remainder is 10^70. Here on Earth, life
requires 10^60 photons in any instant of time. That leaves as a
remainder 10^10. The cosmos has 10^10 galaxies and on average a galaxy
has 10^11 stars. That suggests 10^5 galaxies out of 10^10 galaxies have
life and further suggests that 10^5 star systems with planets out of
10^11 stars in a galaxy has life. The density of life in the Cosmos is
approx 10^10/10^21 which is one foreign star system has life out of
every 100,000,000,000 foreign star systems.

Basically life is spread very thin in the cosmos.

And the above implies that there are 10^10 planets with advanced life
such as Earth.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 18th 05, 07:51 AM

I like the principle of Uniformity for life in the Cosmos. So instead
of saying 10^5 of galaxies out of a total of 10^10 has life and that
10^5 of stars in those galaxies out of a total of 10^11 has life.
Instead of that scheme, a more uniform scheme is to say that in each
galaxy in the Cosmos has but one planet with life such as Earth. Since
there are 10^10 galaxies and 10^10 planets that have life. Uniformity
entails that one planet in each galaxy has life and all the other
planets in that galaxy are lifeless.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 18th 05, 03:48 PM

I like the principle of Uniformity for life in the Cosmos. So instead
of saying 10^5 of galaxies out of a total of 10^10 has life and that
10^5 of stars in those galaxies out of a total of 10^11 has life.
Instead of that scheme, a more uniform scheme is to say that in each
galaxy in the Cosmos has but one planet with life such as Earth. Since
there are 10^10 galaxies and 10^10 planets that have life. Uniformity
entails that one planet in each galaxy has life and all the other
planets in that galaxy are lifeless.

Now of the numbers used so far in predicting how much and where alien
lifeforms are in the Cosmos, the numbers I feel uneasy about so far are
the numbers for a "thought or idea" which I basically pegged as a view
of the environment which a lightbulb of photons would illuminate of
about 10^20 photons. So as we see a scene of the environment, whether
humans or another animal requires 10^20 photons, but over 1/2 of life
is plant kingdom and they do not have thoughts. Another number I feel
uneasy about is 10^40 for the total number of DNA living on Earth. So
instead of 10^60 for these two combined, perhaps it ends up with 10^50.
Which would leave remaining in the equation for alien life that of
10^20 instead of 10^10 and thus in every galaxy one can expect to find
10^10 planets with alien life aboard instead of only one planet per
galaxy with life.

So can we have a sharp and crisp number for the total amount of living
DNA on Earth and number of photons for plants and animals to operate?

In the 1990s I ran threads to the Internet under the theme that pulsars
are advanced alien life communications systems. If that is true then
what is the density of pulsars per galaxy? Are pulsars rather uniform?
Does the Milky Way Galaxy have numerous pulsars? The key is density and
location. If pulsars are indeed alien life communications then they
would act as a great mediator of the above numbers to sharpen and make
crisp. If pulsars are found to be say 2 per galaxy with a high degree
of uniformity would allow me to make those numbers above very sharp and
very crisp. On the other hand, if pulsars are found to be numerous in
the Milky Way and not in foreign galaxies and if pulsars are found to
be randomly numbered in foreign galaxies would indicate pulsars are
physical phenomenon and not biological relative to the above equation.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 18th 05, 07:01 PM

Now I did a tiny bit of searching on the Internet for pulsar
distribution and population.
I found a website from Harvard:

--- quoting the abstract from that website ---
http://adsabs.harvard.edu

The galactic distribution of pulsars Authors:
Davies, J. G.; Lyne, A. G.; Seiradakis, J. H.

Abstract
A recent survey covering 1.5 sr close to the plane of the Galaxy
yielded a uniform sample of 51 pulsars. This sample has now been
analyzed to give the distribution of pulsars in four parameters:
galactocentric distance, distance from the galactic plane, period and
luminosity. The total number of pulsars in the Galaxy is estimated as
at least 2.5 x 10 to the 5th, implying a minimum birthrate of one every
18 yr. This is substantially higher than that expected from a simple
origin in supernova explosions.

--- end quoting that abstract from website about pulsars ---

Those are the numbers I need for an accurate prediction. A typical
galaxy has about 2.5 x 10^5 pulsars.

So our Milky Way galaxy has about 10^11 stars and has 10^5 pulsars.

Now let me make the big assumption and let me get away with that big
assumption of saying that pulsars are advanced alien communication.
Unfortunately human life on Earth is not advanced enough to engineer a
pulsar communicator.

If my assumption that pulsars are advanced life is true then this
number data is enough to set straight my equation for the counting of
life in the Cosmos:

Equation of life:

10^148 total photons for the 231Pu Atom Totality = 10^78 photons needed
for the Cosmic atoms x 10^70 photons needed for Cosmic lifeforms

The photons needed per instant of time just to keep life on Earth
operating is 10^55 photons broken down into the total number of DNA
molecules times the number of photons for a "thought". Which leaves
remaining in the equation that of 10^15 photons

Now since the Cosmos has 10^10 galaxies that leaves remaining 10^5
planets per galaxy that has life-- in agreement with the population
distribution of pulsars as per the above report.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

Old July 19th 05, 03:56 PM

Now let me go another way on this. I have not played with the
Dimensionless number of gravity force strength compared to EM which is
about 10^40.

And there is a good reason for having dimensional number and
dimensionless number in the title of this thread.

And rather fascinating that Dirac seems to have missed or ignored the
force strength ratio of the forces of physics as dimensionless numbers.

In an Atom Totality, gravity is a fictional force, that is, it is
nonexistent and the force that is holding the cosmos together is the EM
Coulomb force because the mass and matter that we observe is merely the
94 electrons of 231Pu held in place by the 94 protons of the Atom
Totality Nucleus. We think it is gravity, but that is just our
ignorance because all that we see, including our own bodies are pieces
of the 94 electrons.

So now, if the total Coulomb Interactions of photons at any given
instant in time of the 94 electrons of the Atom Totality is 95!/2 which
is this large number of 10^148 photons and if the number of photons
needed for the nonliving matter of the Cosmos is 10^78 of those photons
would leave remaining 10^70 photons for that matter of the Cosmos that
is living matter.

In the previous post I broke down that number of 10^70 of living matter
as that Earth has life and a total count of DNA molecules is approx
10^35 and the number of photons for controlling a average DNA is 10^20
(be it a thought or idea or metabolism) for either plant or animal. Of
course a human idea warrants 10^20 photons and that a one celled
creature has perhaps only 10^19 photons per instant of time. And that
there are 10^10 galaxies and 10^5 planets per galaxy that have life. So
in this accounting of photons for governing of life in the Cosmos we
need to account for 10^70 of them.

But I just wonder since gravity is a fiction force that the strength
ratio of gravity to Coulomb is 10^40 and whether that number, since
dimensionless, reflects on the number of photons needed for living
matter. Whether gravity as a fiction force is the inverse of nonliving
matter and thus gravity relates to living matter.

Could we say that this number 10^40 is a reflection of the number of
living DNA in the whole entire Cosmos? So that the accounting of 10^70
photons above is comprised of 10^40 times the other terms?

On the other hand, the 10^40 may comprise photons needed for nonliving
matter and so 10^78 times 10^40 is 10^118 leaving as a remainder only
10^30 for living matter. Which appears to be wrong unless life on Earth
is unique in the Cosmos and that one photon is sufficient for a thought
or idea.

Somehow I have to fit this 10^40 into the accounting of total photons.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium