Bert Knew

Old September 3rd 05, 07:32 PM
Double-A

Default Bert Knew

For those of you scoffers who doubt the predictive powers of
alt.astronomy science officers, check out this post by Bert a year ago
when he was already voicing concern based on his apparent preminition
of the destruction of New Orleans:

Bert:

"Sep 14 2004, 3:04 pm
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
From: (G=EMC^2 Glazier)

Hi Double-a Ivan is not here yet. My thinking is New Orleans should be
evacuated to the last person. To start with its below sea level.
Looking
at Ivan it can't miss. Who is running the weather people? The
terrorist
could do a better job. Water can kill you better than wind.
Please ever one in New Orleans get out as fast as you can. You are
standing to deep. A wave 5 freet high is more than enough,and 35 feet
is
very possible. PLEASE GET OUT OF HARMS WAY NOW bert"

Bert also voiced similar warnings for New Orleans prior to Katrina's
landfall. Those posts are easily found.

Double-A

Old September 3rd 05, 08:20 PM
Saul Levy

Ah, come on, Double-A! Beert knew what a year ago that the New
Orleans Picayune paper hadn't been publishing for the previous NINE
YEARS? Sean Hannity reported that on his radio show yesterday (he did
the research).

Sounds like way too little way too late! And, it didn't help make up
many people's minds either!

Saul Levy

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy

Old September 6th 05, 12:10 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Double-A Thanks for being kind enough to show what I posted in the past.
Reality is it was an easy prediction,because you and I any lots of
others spent much time discussing areas that would be hard hit by
Tsunamis. We know running up the west side of Florida a hurricane picks
up strength of the warm waters,and has to hit the Pan Handle.Louisiana
Alabama,and South East Texas from time to time I call that hurricane
alley. Louisiana is just about sea level,and lots of New Orleans is
below. That stood out in my mind. Might throw this fact in
The Gulf of Mexico can have 4 tides in one day. That is worth
thinking about Beert

Old September 6th 05, 01:03 AM
Rising Loonie

Saul Levy wrote:
Ah, come on, Double-A! Beert knew what a year ago that the New
Orleans Picayune paper hadn't been publishing for the previous NINE
YEARS? Sean Hannity reported that on his radio show yesterday (he did
the research).

Sounds like way too little way too late! And, it didn't help make up
many people's minds either!

I guess so, Saul.

On the other hand, you could also look at it the following way. Let's
suppose Bert's prediction helped one guy to make 1/4 of his mind up a
year ago. ... Some lurker who has never bothered to post on Usenet.

And this guy decides to take his wife and 3 kids and leave, THIS TIME
accordingly.

Let's suppose that if this guy had stayed then he and his entire family
would have been wiped out.

Thus, if Bert 1/4 convinced some guy a year ago to leave this time,
then Bert saved a life!

.... Saved many lives lately, Saul ? You may have ....

Perception is a funny thing.

Having a well formed problem with a physical system is one thing.
Structuring a well formed problem with biological examples is a
whoooole different issue.

RL

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy

Old September 6th 05, 04:48 AM
Saul Levy

I haven't even tried to save anyone or their property with warnings.
So I request that anyone who was saved by Beert or bat-breath come
forward and thank them for it! Come on, is there anyone?

And, I don't mean the regular posters here...

Saul Levy

Old September 6th 05, 02:36 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A How did you find my old posts on New Orleans? How about all
my "What it" ideas,and theories,are they carved in virtual slabs? I
lost count so many Moons ago,but there must be literally thousands of
ideas on just about every part of science. yet every night I fall asleep
with a new idea,and every morning I add thoughts to this new idea,and
usually post it. Is there no end? I think not. Bert

Old September 6th 05, 04:04 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hi Double-A How did you find my old posts on New Orleans? How about all
my "What it" ideas,and theories,are they carved in virtual slabs? I
lost count so many Moons ago,but there must be literally thousands of
ideas on just about every part of science. yet every night I fall asleep
with a new idea,and every morning I add thoughts to this new idea,and
usually post it. Is there no end? I think not. Bert

The power of Google!

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...a86cb8b1 a6d7

There are 2358 posts under the "What If" title, it says, all saved in
the Google archives. Plus you've made slight variations on the name
recently, and those are saved as well.

Double-A

P.S. Also there are a number of other websites that are republishing
our converstions: you, me, nightbat, Twitty, etc. I do kind of wonder
about that. Seems we should be getting some royalties!

Old September 6th 05, 06:28 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double-A WOW 2358 posts under "what if" That has to be lots of
ideas over a pretty long spacetime. Good thing I do most of my new ideas
in the morning when I'm Bert. After say 1pm I become Beert,and that
means I have Bud in my blood. Google helps are memory,by showing what we
had to say in the past(even to our selves) Lots of my ideas go back to
my prime time thinking spacetime(many Moons ago) Always had a pretty
good memory.and when age creeps in you worry if you might lose it. That
was my main reason for eating 5 lb of MSP each week;. Back on that diet
again,and it will be interesting if my white head of hair goes back to
brown. Notice a little balding on the crown of my head,and after two
month's of MSP my hair is full again. That is proof MSP is very good
for thin capillary veins. Stimulating a part of my growth
gland(pituitary) by MSP is amazing. "Its nice to look and feel young
again" Beert

Old September 7th 05, 08:11 AM
Twittering One

Bert ~
What's MSP?

How's your wife?

Old September 7th 05, 12:32 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Twitty MSP stands for Mexican sweet potatoes. It has a chemical in
this sweet potato that kicks in the part of our pituitary gland that
kicks out when we reach 26 years old(end of growth period) Instead of
our cell production slowing down MSP gets them replaced faster and
faster. I love my MSP chips with my Bud light. My wife is doing the
best she can,and is still in a wheel chair. She pushed me around for
years so now its my turn to push her around. Bert

~ * A Morning Wood Golden Quill ... Twittering One Misc 18 April 21st 05 03:11 PM
A tribute to Bert Bill Sheppard Misc 23 January 21st 04 02:51 PM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (Long Text) Kazmer Ujvarosy UK Astronomy 3 December 25th 03 10:41 PM
UFO Activities from Biblical Times (LONG TEXT) Kazmer Ujvarosy SETI 2 December 25th 03 07:33 PM