Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old February 1st 10, 07:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Double·A's “Silicon Forest” job.

On Feb 1, 11:17*am, wrote:
You know who took your “Silicon Forest” job, don't you ?
The Koreans. *They're kicking eveyone's butt.

Actually it was guys from India who took my job, a whole team of
them! One of our bosses was from India. A real tyrant! Everybody
hated him! He later got caught moonlighting while taking sick leave!
They gave him a real nice kiss off package! That's the city for you.

I've only once met a Korean girl, she was VERY nice.

They are nice, though somewhat assertive. Companies use Koreans to
boss their sweatshops across southeast Asia.

Double-A

Old February 1st 10, 07:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Speaking of Korean girls, you ( Double·A ) wrote:
“ They are nice, though somewhat assertive.

Companies use Koreans to boss their sweatshops
across southeast Asia. ”.

Yea, I can believe that, I struck·out big time.
I tried to bed her, but she was too smart for that.

This was many years ago, back when my teeth didn't scare people.
Old February 1st 10, 08:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Feb 1, 11:59*am, wrote:
Speaking of Korean girls, you ( Double·A ) wrote:
“ They are nice, though somewhat assertive.

* Companies use Koreans to boss their sweatshops
* across southeast Asia. ”.

Yea, I can believe that, I struck·out big time.
I tried to bed her, but she was too smart for that.

This was many years ago, back when my teeth didn't scare people.

Good thing. Probably saved you another child support claim!

Double-A

Old February 1st 10, 08:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default  Raising another “workaholic” Korean costs too much.

I met this Korean girl shortly after my divorce ( 19·91 ? ).
Lucky for me, past·due child·support is a great contraceptive.

I got my vasectomy at the start of 19·91 but
I was planning it long before then.

Quoting:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8469532.stm

January 20^th, 20·10
South Koreans told to go home and make babies
―― By John Sudworth BBC News, Seoul

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...47116_baby.jpg
South Korean woman takes a photo of
her baby sitting on a pushchair, April 2009

South Korean government workers are being presented with an
unusual suggestion - go home and multiply.

At [ 7 p.m.* ] on Wednesday, officials at the Ministry of Health
will turn off all the lights in the building.
[ *: What kind of SLACKER would knock off at 7 p.m. ? ! ]

They want to encourage staff to go home to their families and,
well, make bigger ones. They plan to repeat the experiment every
month.

A ministry spokesman told the BBC that "Family Day" would
encourage staff to spend a little more time at home.

By helping staff who work long hours to rediscover the
importance of family, the hope is policy might have an impact on
birth rate, even if only indirectly.

The country has one of the world's lowest birth rates,
LOWER EVEN THAN NEIGHBOURING JAPAN.

Boosting the number of newborn children is a priority for the
government, which is staring into the abyss of a rapidly ageing
society, falling levels of manpower and spiralling health care costs.

The Ministry of Health, now sometimes jokingly referred to as
the Ministry of Matchmaking, is in charge of spearheading this
drive, and it clearly believes its staff should lead by example.

Generous gift vouchers are on offer for officials who have more
than one child, and the department organises social gatherings in
the hope of fostering love amongst its bureaucrats.

But critics say what is really needed is widescale reform to
tackle the burdensome cost of childcare and education that puts
many young people off starting a family.

People replying to the BBC article ( above ):

The cost of nursery care in Korea can be four times that of a
full-time university student's tuition. Plus, many parents feel
compelled by competition to have private tutoring for their kids,
even in primary school. An average family spends up to 50% of
their income on one child's education so it's no wonder only the
well-off can have two or more kids, and the poorest can't even
begin to start families. The emphasis on education here is a bit
extreme. ―― David Karaolou, Seoul

Family is of the utmost importance in Korean society. It is
difficult, however, to provide an exceptional childhood, a
world-class education and a head-start in life to more than one or
two children per family. All of these appear to be mandatory to
a "successful" Korean life. Without lowering the cost of education,
Korea's birth rate will remain stagnant, or in decline.
―― Anonymous, Seoul

I spend quite a bit of time in Seoul on business and I can
confirm that the Koreans work extremely long hours.

The young software engineers will work till [ 3 or 5 a.m. ] and
then stagger in the next day at [ 11 a.m. ] ashen faced.

Obviously, this leaves no time for procreation.

One Wednesday last year they were all sent home at [ 6 p.m. ]
for a half day and nine months later two babies arrived on
the scene. Now, it is company policy to take a half day
( ie stop at 6 p.m. ) on Wednesdays, but they tend to
sneak back in to get working again.
―― James Mahon, Dublin Ireland / Seoul South Korea

It says something about Korean civil servants that sending
people home once a month at [7 p.m.] is early. However the likelihood
of this resulting in a change is slim. There are plenty of
diversions between the office and home.

Korea is a very social country where
after work dinner/drinking parties are more the norm than exception.

It is entirely probable that this effort could
have quite the opposite effect than intended.
―― RJC, South Korea

It is normal for women who have a baby to be fired in Korea.
Given this situation, women do not want to have a baby. Moreover,
the government in Seoul doesn't say anything to support a family.
It's quite ridiculous.
―― Seongjin, Gwangju

I am a 30 old Korean man studying and staying in Paris. First of
all, I am sick of this kind of show from the government. Young
Korean couples worry about the burden of caring and raising
children. There are not enough public day nurseries and private
ones are extremely expensive. But it's not just the cost of
childcare, housing is also expensive and even less affordable on a
pension. The most serious problem is in education. The majority of
students attend private classes after school which is very costly.
―― Sangwook Lee, Paris, France

In South Korea I see my co-workers working all the hours God
sends. They only have 10 days off a year and an additional seven
to 10 days off for national holidays (in South Korea, if a
national holiday lands on a weekend, it is lost). Also, there is
not much job security in terms of when a woman falls pregnant.

A co-worker of mine told me that if she fell pregnant her job would
not be guaranteed on her return to work ie there is no real
maternity leave! These things have to be changed if the South
Korean government want to increase the birth rate. There are few
monetary incentives and the biggest problem for women is job security.
―― A P, Seoul

It baffles me how governments tend to focus on the issues which
are not a priority.

Instead of looking so far into the future, they need to focus on
THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY LIVING HERE AND NOW,

namely the HOMELESS, those in poverty or struggling
financially and emotionally.

Should they succeed in creating a
country that is at present giving its people a higher standard of
living and a positive environment in which to live, then maybe
couples will have a little more incentive to make additions to
it's population!

Governments do not need nor do they have the
right to interfere in a matter that mother nature has been dealing
with since life began!
―― Edel O'Driscoll, Osan, South Korea

This issue may also have something to do with the long working
hours endemic to the cities of Korea, where the majority of the
population now live.

Late nights at the office means social evenings are either spent
DRINKING WITH WORK COLLEAGUES

or put off altogether because people are too tired
- neither of which are ideal baby-making conditions.

The intense study culture as well as mandatory military service for men
means many Koreans put their potential family life on hold
until much later, often well into their thirties.

Until Korean workers feel it's ok to go home
before their boss at least once in a week
they simply won't have time for match-making!
―― Alex Davies, Seoul, South Korea
Old February 1st 10, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

wrote in message

I met this Korean girl shortly after my divorce ( 19·91 ? ).
Lucky for me, past·due child·support is a great contraceptive.

That's why god, in his infinite wisdon, invented the blowjob.

PS- To you male ufo believers. That means RECEIVING a blowjob.

Old February 2nd 10, 02:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Raving[_1_]

On Feb 1, 2:47*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Feb 1, 11:17*am, wrote:

You know who took your “Silicon Forest” job, don't you ?
The Koreans. *They're kicking eveyone's butt.

Actually it was guys from India who took my job, a whole team of
them! *One of our bosses was from India. *A real tyrant! *Everybody
hated him! *He later got caught moonlighting while taking sick leave!
They gave him a real nice kiss off package! *That's the city for you.

I've only once met a Korean girl, she was VERY nice.

They are nice, though somewhat assertive. *Companies use Koreans to
boss their sweatshops across southeast Asia.

Double-A

Too bad about the Norks.