Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old January 28th 10, 07:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Another beautiful January morning here. 48F here in green Oregon at
11:30 AM. Low 39. Expected high 52F. Wind south at 1 mph. Humidity
75%. Sun shining through clouds. Had a breakfast of sweetrolls with
Kim at the sidewalk table.

Life is sweet!

Double-A

Old January 29th 10, 07:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

44F here at 10:45 AM in the Vale of Tears. Low 39. Expected high
52. Cloudy and dry with slight easterly breeze as I walked down now
shifted to NW at 6 mph, but rain expected. Humidity 86%. The hundred
goose flock is back grazing in the meadow, after spending the night on
the duck pond. I have to watch where I step now. Kim and I shared a
big loaf of bread covered with cheese and jalapenos last night that I
found on sale for $1.99. This morning I found 16 oz jars of peanuts
on sale for $1.00! Bought two! Over public anger, Obama reappointed
Ben Bernanke to another 4-year term as Federal Reserve Chairman. This
would have been Obama's chance to show his departure from just staying
the course wish Bushes policies. Bernanke is a Republican and a Bush
appointee. It was his only opportunity to appoint a new Federal
Reserve Chairman during his present term. Obama's supporters didn't
elect him to continue Bushes policies. They wanted radical changes.
He is losing his base.

Double-A

Old January 30th 10, 06:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

43F at 10:15 AM PST here in the Silicon Forest. Low 41F. Expected
high 50F. Cloudy, calm, light sprinkling of rain. Humidity 86%.
Still lovely January weather. What more could I ask for. What more
could I possibly want?

Double-A

Old January 30th 10, 06:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default  Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

You ( Double·A ) asked:
“ What more could I ask for. What more could I possibly want? ”.

A foot massage ? Clean/Dry feet ?

48 °F and Overcast here ( 11 am ). January is on course to becoming
the warmest on record for most of Western Washington.
Old January 30th 10, 06:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jan 30, 10:39*am, wrote:
You ( DoubleA ) asked:
What more could I ask for. *What more could I possibly want? .

A foot massage ? *Clean/Dry feet ?

Decadent luxuries of the moneyed classes!

48 F and Overcast here ( 11 am ). *January is on course to becoming
the warmest on record for most of Western Washington.

As evidence mounts, we must begin facing up to the possibility that Al
Gore could be right!

Double-A

Old January 31st 10, 08:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

46F at 11:30 AM on a Sunday morning here in greater Hillsboro. Low
38F. Expected high 50F. Cloudy skies, but not raining at the
moment. Chance for some sun in the forecast. Wind SW at 4 mph.
Humidity 92%. Yesterday I took a bus to the local food pantry, but it
was closed. What an insult to the poor to let them spend a bus fare
or gas just to find the pantry closed at its usual day and hour to be
open! Are they running short of food? But the bus company is
generous on Saturdays and gave me a transfer pass good for over 3
hours, so I decided use it to ride the bus back all the way up to the
its end of the line at the Rock Creek campus of Portland Community
College. I was the only one left mon the bus when we got up there and
it gave me a special feeling of satisfaction that that TriMet was
spending diesel fuel on a pointless trip just for me!

Rock Creek Campus in January

Being Saturday, not much was going on. The campus rests on the top of
a ridge where there is lots of sky and light. Despite being
Portland's community college, it is out in the countryside west of the
city, although new apartment houses are encroaching on it from the
east. A very pleasant and comptemplative place. The plants were just
beginning to push up out of their beds that would provide flowers in
the spring. I toured the library where they provide lots of computers
for students. Toured their lunch room / student center. I asked a
guy using a laptop if free wi-fi was provided, but it said it was only
for students and you needed log-on ID. Walked through some other
buildings. Beside studying physics, math, chemistry, and other
transferable college courses, you can take a vo-tech course like
diesel engine technology. They had a whole building devoted to that
with big diesel engines on display in the hallway. A pleasant day on
a pleasant campus. Not a bad place to start out.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...D72%2 6um%3D1

Double-A

Old February 1st 10, 06:47 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default  Google's Terrain·Map of Portland Community College, Rock Creek.

Google's Terrain·Map of Portland Community College, Rock Creek:
http://jeffrelf.f-m.fm/PCC.jpg
17705 NW Springville Rd. Portland, OR 97229
http://www.pcc.edu/resources/rcesc/i...8-6-24_002.jpg

Rock Creek Campus:
A SPACIOUS, 256 acre campus
in the high-tech corridor* near Hillsboro.
*: Silicon Stumps.

Cascade Campus:
A small campus atmosphere in
a diverse urban neighborhood in the heart of Portland.

Sylvania Campus:
“ The Sylvania Campus is located just 10 minutes from downtown
in southwest Portland, nestled between Tigard and Lake Oswego.

The campus opened in 1968 and rests on Mount Sylvania,
bordered by a Douglas fir forest and several quiet neighborhoods. ”
Old February 1st 10, 06:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jan 31, 10:47*pm, wrote:
Google's TerrainMap of Portland Community College, Rock Creek:
*http://jeffrelf.f-m.fm/PCC.jpg
* 17705 NW Springville Rd. Portland, OR 97229
*http://www.pcc.edu/resources/rcesc/i...8-6-24_002.jpg

Rock Creek Campus:
* * A SPACIOUS, 256 acre campus
* * in the high-tech corridor* near Hillsboro.
* * *: Silicon Stumps.

Glad you take an interest.

Cascade Campus:
* * A small campus atmosphere in
* * a diverse urban neighborhood in the heart of Portland.

"Diverse" because it's in the "ghetto".

Sylvania Campus:
The Sylvania Campus is located just 10 minutes from downtown
* in southwest Portland, nestled between Tigard and Lake Oswego.

This has to be the most beautiful PCC campus because it sits near the
top of Mt. Sylvania on the western slope with an awesome view of the
Tualatin Valley (the Silicon Forest). I took a class in assembly
language programming up there when I was starting out. Later I worked
nearby and used their library on my lunch hour.

* The campus opened in 1968 and rests on Mount Sylvania,
* bordered by a Douglas fir forest and several quiet neighborhoods.

Yes, and upscale neighborhoods. A place where usually both adults are
away at work during the day. A burglar's paradise! My boss's house
up there was cleaned out one day while he was at work! They forced
open the garage door, parked their truck inside, closed the door, and
went to work loading up his furniture! After that he installed a
deluxe burglar alarm system. That thwarted a second attempt six
months later.

Double-A

Old February 1st 10, 06:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

41F at 11:45 AM PST here in the great Pacific Northwest. Low was
forecast to be 41F (But I think it was colder than that because my
hands got numb). Expected high 49F. Wind 0 mph. Humidity 98%.
Cloudy with occasional light showers. Sophia is working this morning
and first thing brought me a couple of Starbucks sample drinks. Then
she offered to cash out the bottle return slips I had on my table!
Such service. And with a smile! Last night had ramen made with free
hot water from Starbucks, and with hot jalapeno peppers Kim got at the
Chevron convenience store. Food card should be renewed today!

Double-A

Old February 1st 10, 07:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default  Double·A's “Silicon Forest” job.

You know who took your “Silicon Forest” job, don't you ?
The Koreans. They're kicking eveyone's butt.

I've only once met a Korean girl, she was VERY nice.