Us humans, as ETs to other worlds and moons:

Old July 12th 13, 08:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Us humans, as ETs to other worlds and moons:

Most of what’s out there is kinda dangerous and nasty stuff, just like numerous places here on Earth can be downright unfriendly and lethal as hell (unable to sustain humans in any way, shape or form, and especially nasty as entirely inhospitable to any of our naked Goldilocks). However, with applied physics and the best of science and technology we can muster, is what gives us a much wider Goldilocks survival scope of accessible surface area and volume, be it those of extreme surface locations, underwater, underground or in orbit.

There’s even long-term hope for us yet; but only as long as those polar gamma ray beams from the Betelgeuse final demise becoming a neutron star or perhaps that of a very large and unstable white dwarf do not target us by heading in our direction, and we’re good to go without our having to use those TBMs for digging ourselves into to the relatively failsafe interior of our moon. Of whatever planets (gas giants, brown dwarfs and red dwarfs plus their numerous moons or planetoids) once associated with Betelgeuse as a star having initially an impressive 25+ Solar mass, and if such planets or stellar community items as having managed to survive their local red giant phase on their own will likely never make their way into our solar system space, not even if somehow flung our way at 300 km/sec, in part because of their initial radial velocity of +22 km/sec and otherwise because of the 666 light year distance would likely require at least a million year interstellar trek. No doubt its demise has already taken place, and now its just a waiting game for us.

For the added protection from such gamma, at least in some locations going deep into Earth is not such a good idea. At a thermal gradient of 35+ C/km (obviously avoiding hot magma zones under Yellowstone, Hawaii, a few parts of Italy, obviously Iceland and dozens of other subduction zones would be TBM taboo) is going to put that surrounding rock at 50 C, thereby at only 1 km depth requiring a good amount of heat removal in addition to whatever the machinery and millions of humans hunkered within are generating, whereas the moon should permit tunneling down to depths of 25+ km (possibly 38 km before getting anywhere nearly as hot), because the core center of our moon isn’t likely much over 1700 K, and there’s a lot of insulation between that core and the 38 km depth, offering another good 1000+ km buffer worth of solidified innards as well as no likely issues of those TBMs digging into layers of any fluid mantle or that of any actively upwelling lava channels.

The likes of where terrestrial TBMs dare not dig:
http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame...n3/iceland.htm
http://feww.wordpress.com/tag/magma-formation/

On the other hand, even though Venus is mostly TBM taboo, with the thick and dense atmosphere of Venus making a nearly ideal kind of protective radiation shield (similar to our being protected 300 meters deep underground), whereas there too we could manage to survive even a Sirius supernova. It’s our planet Earth with its thin atmosphere and failing magnetosphere, as well as losing its methanes, ozone and helium that’s lacking sufficient shielding for us, even deficient to protect us from what our sun can manage to toss at us with hardly any notice, as well as fully exposed to the random happenstance gauntlet of rogue/nomad asteroids sneaking past our best observations and deep-space radar that’s at best giving us a few days notice prior to their impact, or perhaps at worse being from those entirely unexpected (like the little one that recently nailed Russia).

Of course, as for TBMs opening up those relatively failsafe tunnels as our ultimate survival vault within the mostly paramagnetic basalt crust of our moon, is what buys us the utmost failsafe bang for the buck, so to speak. We’re talking of investing trillions per year, and perhaps even investing 1% as much as our terrestrial energy consumption is currently costing us. So far we’ve been lucky, because 99.9999% of the local asteroids have been missing us, but that sort of dumb luck about to change as our Oort cloud encounters the Sirius Oort cloud, and we get to play a sort of Whack-a-Mole version of Dodge-Asteroid.
Old July 12th 13, 10:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC

I can't even ride my bicycle today, it's too cold and the back tire is
balding badly !!!

Get a ****ing job.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old July 12th 13, 10:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Friday, July 12, 2013 1:11:52 PM UTC-7, Sir Gilligan Horry wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:27:58 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth

wrote:

Most of what�s out there is kinda dangerous and nasty stuff

Yeah, you know that "DECIDE" info I share,

they are not even in physicality. !!!

And they stay "invisible". !!!

I'd say they have been working hard in the Universe for maybe even a

billion years. Some of the races anyway.

Most solar systems are going to be at least a billion years older than ours, so it stands to good reason that most other forms of intelligent life would have that billion plus year advantage over us. The vast majority of stars are going to be those of red dwarfs and brown dwarfs as ideally suited for hosting nifty planets of suitable environments for accommodating intelligent life.

In a couple billion some odd years, our solar system will start to see those many other solar systems of Andromeda zoom past as our galaxies engage one another at 300+ km/sec and perhaps even retrograde encounters at 750+ km/sec.

The odds of our wussy little solar system getting out of that 250 million year galactic demolition derby without a scratch, is actually kinda crappy.

We Humans are just on a very low level learning stage here.

I totally agree with that analogy. At the negative rate we're going (depleting and otherwise contaminating everything is sight), it'll be dumb luck if humanity ever gets to see what the year 3000 has to offer.

I'm surprised Ingo Swann was allowed to do what he did.

As you know people were killed for that in most all known recent

history.

What happens in our CIA/NSA (aka Five Eyes PRISM) is supposed to stay in CIA/NSA and PRISM limbo, at least up until Edward Snowden walked out the front door with as much insider cloak and dagger data as he cared to take.

Anyway, what was that "DECIDE" quote... ah, yeah...

"we are technically equipped to materialise!"

"Thousands of ships"

................. that's just blinking amazing, aye.

I can't even ride my bicycle today, it's too cold and the back tire is

balding badly !!!

Stay inside and keep thinking good sorts of warm thoughts, as your stormy cold season is just getting with the program, and the cost of energy could soon double.
Old July 14th 13, 04:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Friday, July 12, 2013 12:27:58 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

Once again, Usenet/newsgroups without K-12s is kinda brain-dead, as in intellectually as well as scientifically flatlining.

Mainstream intelligence has gotten themselves so mainstream snookered and dumbfounded past the point of no return, in that thinking outside their cozy mainstream status-quo box has become absolutely taboo and/or nondisclosure rated, perhaps because they fear upsetting anyone, but seem to have no remorse about having provoked other nations or ethnicity groups to the point of negative/revenge Karma.

Do you want humans to explore other worlds in your lifetime? giveitawhirl2008 Policy 106 May 4th 11 07:46 PM
All these worlds... Mark Earnest Misc 27 July 10th 09 06:56 PM
Which planets and moons will be inhabited by humans in 100 years ??? Paul Eisner Amateur Astronomy 12 March 7th 05 04:25 PM
contamination of other worlds/ moons? John Lingenfelter Amateur Astronomy 6 January 25th 05 06:09 PM