John Watts Young, 1930-2018

Old January 7th 18, 01:22 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default John Watts Young, 1930-2018

In article mn.382b7e213fd3557a.127094@snitoo,
says...

On Saturday or thereabouts, Stuf4 declared ...
John Young died yesterday. It is difficult to imagine any other astronaut,
past, present or future, having a career as amazing as the life that John
Young lived. It was an honor to have known him.

Today, January 6th, marks the first day in human history where there are more
deceased moonwalkers than there are living ones. I expect that it will take
many many moons for that statistic to turned around. Kind of like Pluto's
orbit getting closer than Neptune. You've got to wait an extremely long time
for the previous order to go back into place. It will be interesting to see
if the number of living moonwalkers reaches zero. That would actually be a
very easy prediction to make. I'd put the probability that it won't at less
than 1%.

I hope a fitting tribute to John Young gets done. People like Neil Armstrong
have a statue. John deserves something big.

~ CT

You didn't add sci.space.shuttle. Could have been bigger.

Added.

Godspeed John Young.

Jeff

John Watts Young, 1930-2018 Stuf4 History 11 January 19th 18 08:14 PM
John Young says CEV [email protected] Policy 16 May 27th 07 12:38 AM
John Young on O'Keefe [email protected] History 1 December 17th 04 05:35 PM
John Young d&tm History 1 December 17th 04 04:54 PM
John Young to Retire from NASA Christopher M. Jones History 1 December 6th 04 12:45 AM