Great missions STS-122 & Expedition 16

Old February 16th 08, 03:46 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

Default Great missions STS-122 & Expedition 16

Great mission so far, awesome launch, incredible space walks (great
views), and achieving a great accomplishment in space station assembly
by adding the Columbus module to the structure. It's great to see both
crews together, in the newly added Columbus module during today's
joint crew news conference, enjoying their work. But the best part
was just after ending the press conference both crews had a moment of
fun play time as they spun and flipped around each other, it's great
to see such a hardworking people having fun and laughing. Great
mission and looking forward to a beautiful landing, thanks to all the
work from the crews, and all of the people on the ground that are
making this a successful mission....

Old February 16th 08, 04:46 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Feb 16, 6:46 am, columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote:
Great mission so far, awesome launch, incredible space walks (great
views), and achieving a great accomplishment in space station assembly
by adding the Columbus module to the structure. It's great to see both
crews together, in the newly added Columbus module during today's
joint crew news conference, enjoying their work. But the best part
was just after ending the press conference both crews had a moment of
fun play time as they spun and flipped around each other, it's great
to see such a hardworking people having fun and laughing. Great
mission and looking forward to a beautiful landing, thanks to all the
work from the crews, and all of the people on the ground that are
making this a successful mission....

Don't forget our DoD accomplishments of testing their latest ABL, as
that too was another 100% great mission. Too bad there was never any
communications between NASA and those of our Boeing team of Phantom
Works, or those of Raytheon/TRW for that matter. It's as though DoD
and of their ABL contractors were running their own show.
.. - Brad Guth
Old February 16th 08, 05:53 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
Joseph S. Powell, III

wrote:
[...]

ABL - is that for Air Bourne Laser, Anti-Ballistic Laser, or something else?

Old February 16th 08, 06:22 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

wrote:
[...]

ABL = Air Bourne Laser
.. - BG
Old February 16th 08, 06:25 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

wrote:
[...]

ABL = Air Borne Laser (search for Phantom Works ABL)
.. - BG
Old February 16th 08, 06:40 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
Joseph S. Powell, III

wrote:
[...]

My most fervent wishes are for the SBL, but unfortunately these babies don't
exist (officially).

Old February 16th 08, 09:35 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

wrote:
[...]

I agree, that a fleet of such ABLs of 100 MW or better laser beam
capability is a darn good way to go, as the next best thing to any LEO
star wars defensive capability, not to mention multiple other purely
terrestrial DoD applications.

BTW, officially TWA flight 800 wasn't taken out by friendly DoD fire.

Officially the exploding TWA flight 800 simply defied the laws of
physics.

Officially we(US government) did absolutely nothing to bring about the
9/11 fiasco.

Officially we've safely landed upon, walked upon and returned from our
moon that's actually of rather pastel grays, offering 0.75 albedo in
extensive areas, and otherwise our moon is pretty much a passive sort
of place for human DNA to be for extended periods of time, as well as
being impossible to ever see or much less include Venus within any
unfiltered Kodak recorded FOV.

Officially there's no sign or any physical indications of intelligent
other life existing/coexisting on Venus.

Officially JFK was taken out by one rouge individual, and for no
apparent cold-war or NASA/Apollo related matters.

Officially our resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush) is not after the market
share or export control of Iraq's oil, coal and natural gas.

Officially our FEMA accomplishes its job far better than any other
government or private group could muster.

Officially Steve Fossett is dead.
.. - Brad Guth
Old February 17th 08, 12:51 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station
BradGuth

wrote:
[...]

I'd forgot about the matter of our officially being informed via
mainstream media and by those in charge of most everything, that Jews
supposedly didn't intentionally take out our USS LIBERTY ship and
crew, all because of what they'd just done to their 6-Day war
prisoners. Of course, long after the fact, we now officially realize
such infowar disinformation was simply another perpetrated and
mutually orchestrated lie upon lie from the very get-go.

I have another dozen or so officially published matter of facts that
seem not so truth worthy as we'd been informed. But then, when has
our government not excluded evidence or not having outright lied to
us.
.. - Brad Guth

Old February 17th 08, 04:04 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station

wrote:
[...]

. - Brad Guth- Hide quoted text -

Dude, i just started this thread to pay tribute to all the people who
make the shuttle and station programs successful, not to the off topic
discussion of the satellite shoot down. Our nation's space program is
accomplishing great things and there are great people who deserve
accolades, not the stuff you have strewn together here. I did not
address your stuff here or previously as you tend to be over the top,
i.e. your messenger posts and a color correction of saturation of +75
will make neon signs out of any gray tones, and not reveal anything
meaningful, so your image processing work leaves something to be
desired anyway. Now brad, yesterday was the fun day for both crews,
and the today is the hatch closing day which is a little sadder, so im
not feeling too happy right now, so you might want to keep you idiotic
posts off of this thread.......