Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old July 26th 15, 06:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 12:43:16 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 5:11:34 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
A That is a good idea. Maybe you could rent one? Make sure there are no snakes or bears around. Trebert

Rattle snakes can be found on the east side of Mt. Hood, but not on the west side. They like it dryer. Bears are everywhere, but all black bears that have a fear of man.

It is raining lightly here in Gresham! Only 62F as of 12:30 PM. Expected high only 67F. It never rains in Oregon in July! (Except rarely and perversely on the 4th of July holiday.) So why is it, you global warming advocates, that it is so cold and rainy in July!

Coming back from the westside yesterday, I had to spend 2 hours and 20 minutes on one bus! It takes me all the way to my door, but going straight through downtown during rush hour traffic was very slow! It is an arduous journey!

Double-A

AA Beach weather finally here.Lots of bright sun at 7am Heading for Huntington Beach with my lady cop(Sandy) Bert
Old July 26th 15, 07:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 3:56:21 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 7/24/2015 3:28 PM, Double-A wrote:
Back at the Cedar Mill Library en route to pick up more stuff at my locker. It is an arduous trip. I left at 9:30 AM, and here it is already noon! Sunny here and 71F. Expected high 82F.

The joys of mass transit! The MAX train stopped short of downtown Portland. We all had to get off and get on a shuttle bus to get past a part of the track where some work is being done! Then get on another MAX train which took a less direct track to downtown. There had to switch back to the westbound train that took me where I needed to go. Then the usual switch at the transit center to a bus that took me to the library.

Here is an abandoned gold mine on the Bonanza trail on Mt. Hood!

http://www.oregonhikers.org/w/images...MtBonanza1.jpg

This computer at Cedar Mill is remembering too much about me, like my gmail logon ID and twitter ID. The Gresham software is better at clearing everything off after every user. They are using different versions of software here.

Double-A

AA why don't you just get an inexpensive tablet?
They can be had for less than 50 bucks.

No more depending on the library.

I already have a new laptop. Just have to find a place to use it without it costing me a lot of money for coffee (Starbucks).

Double-A

Old July 26th 15, 08:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 10:20:13 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

So, your lady cop friend surfaced? Good for you. Sure the department just hasn't assigned her to keep an eye on you?

Not beach weather here. Only 65F under cloudy skies as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Could be thunderstorms! Expected high 71F.

Got my exercise yesterday by walking over to a garage sale. I'd like to find some aluminum lawn chairs for my pateo. The ones in the stores nowadays are made of steel, which is a lot heavier to carry around. I guess the price of aluminum has gone up, which is why you don't see them anymore. The guy had no chairs to sell, so I bought some music tapes. My old stereo will play them.

Double-A

Old July 27th 15, 08:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

More cool weather, but they say it will soon end. Only 66F as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy. Expected high 74F.

Walked over to Mt. Hood Community College yesterday evening. It's not far. They were playing baseball, and having youth swimming championship races in their outdoor pool.

In their lake, there were some weird black ducks that seemed to dive to the bottom and never come up!

Double-A

Old July 27th 15, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 12:00:52 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
More cool weather, but they say it will soon end. Only 66F as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy. Expected high 74F.

Walked over to Mt. Hood Community College yesterday evening. It's not far. They were playing baseball, and having youth swimming championship races in their outdoor pool.

In their lake, there were some weird black ducks that seemed to dive to the bottom and never come up!

Double-A

Sandy is back,and that is good.She likes white wine,and I stay with Bud. She drives very fast and knows every short cut. Today she has off,and at 6 we will go Chinese.Weather about 85 and sunny,but staying in Anaheim. TreBert
Old July 28th 15, 12:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 2:54:04 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 12:00:52 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
More cool weather, but they say it will soon end. Only 66F as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy. Expected high 74F.

Walked over to Mt. Hood Community College yesterday evening. It's not far. They were playing baseball, and having youth swimming championship races in their outdoor pool.

In their lake, there were some weird black ducks that seemed to dive to the bottom and never come up!

Double-A

Sandy is back,and that is good.She likes white wine,and I stay with Bud. She drives very fast and knows every short cut. Today she has off,and at 6 we will go Chinese.Weather about 85 and sunny,but staying in Anaheim. TreBert

Cinese is good. Does she drive your van? It made it up to 75 today.

Double-A

Old July 28th 15, 12:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 7/27/2015 3:00 PM, Double-A wrote:
More cool weather, but they say it will soon end. Only 66F as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy. Expected high 74F.

Walked over to Mt. Hood Community College yesterday evening. It's not far. They were playing baseball, and having youth swimming championship races in their outdoor pool.

In their lake, there were some weird black ducks that seemed to dive to the bottom and never come up!

Sounds like a loon.

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!
Old July 28th 15, 08:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 4:47:33 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 7/27/2015 3:00 PM, Double-A wrote:
More cool weather, but they say it will soon end. Only 66F as of 11:45 AM here in Gresham. Partly cloudy. Expected high 74F.

Walked over to Mt. Hood Community College yesterday evening. It's not far. They were playing baseball, and having youth swimming championship races in their outdoor pool.

In their lake, there were some weird black ducks that seemed to dive to the bottom and never come up!

Sounds like a loon.

A species not uncommon even in these news groups!

But they fit the the description on a bird that can swim with its body underwater.

Summer has returned to Gresham! Sunny and currently 74F as of 12:45 PM PDT here. Expected high 86F. Then temps expected to be in the 90's over the next week.

Double-A

Old July 29th 15, 06:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 3:41:06 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:

Example of a loon call. I can do it WAY better than her tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqS0_yoR60

Here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTH30m87yL4

.... 59 minutes of various loon calls mad by actual loons...
Old July 29th 15, 09:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA She has never been in my van.She has a nice car,and when we go to Huntington Beach I pay for the gas. Kicker is her voice is 100% off tone.I can hear OK so I do most of the talking. When my phone rings she is my ears. She writes stuff down.She and I comunicate by email. I have bever seen her in uniform which is in the back seat. I took a picture of her with her police hat on. We are getting to be good friends. I make her laugh.Being old and ugly that is easy.When I go to Vages for a weekend she wants to come. TreBert

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM