ASTRO: Abell 35

Old January 9th 12, 01:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Abell 35

Abell 35 is the first post from my "emergency schedule" after I damaged my
Atik 383 camera in Namibia.
I had to image with my SXV-H9 camera (good idea to take a backup camera on
the trip) and switched from a 14" Meade ACF to a small ED refractor as the
FOV would have been _very_ small with the 14" ACF.

Abell 35 is a large PN that has a decent size even at 400mm focal length.

Date 2.6.2011
Object Abell 35
Optics Vixen ED80Sf with AP CCDT67 Reducer for 399mm focal length
Camera SXV-H9, Baader Ha:R:G:B
Exposure 3x20m Ha, 5x20m R, each 2x20m G and B
Mount MK100
Location Kiripotib farm, Namibia

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/Abell35colourgut.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abell35colourgut_2.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	3904
Old January 9th 12, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Forgot to mention that minor planet (6505)1976AH at mag 15.4 left its mark
at the upper right edge of the nebula...

Stefan

"Stefan Lilge" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
senet.com...
Abell 35 is the first post from my "emergency schedule" after I damaged my
Atik 383 camera in Namibia.
I had to image with my SXV-H9 camera (good idea to take a backup camera on
the trip) and switched from a 14" Meade ACF to a small ED refractor as the
FOV would have been _very_ small with the 14" ACF.

Abell 35 is a large PN that has a decent size even at 400mm focal length.

Date 2.6.2011

Old January 9th 12, 08:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 1/9/2012 7:56 AM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Abell 35 is the first post from my "emergency schedule" after I damaged my
Atik 383 camera in Namibia.
I had to image with my SXV-H9 camera (good idea to take a backup camera on
the trip) and switched from a 14" Meade ACF to a small ED refractor as the
FOV would have been _very_ small with the 14" ACF.

Abell 35 is a large PN that has a decent size even at 400mm focal length.

Date 2.6.2011
Object Abell 35
Optics Vixen ED80Sf with AP CCDT67 Reducer for 399mm focal length
Camera SXV-H9, Baader Ha:R:G:B
Exposure 3x20m Ha, 5x20m R, each 2x20m G and B
Mount MK100
Location Kiripotib farm, Namibia

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/Abell35colourgut.jpg

Damaged camera -- Yikes! Didn't it have a shutter go bad the prior
trip? Or was that just prior to the trip? It doesn't seem to like that
part of the world. Hope it is not too expensive to fix.

That is one faint planetary, though many Abell planetaries are.

Rick

Old January 10th 12, 12:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick,

the camera had been away for repairs twice because of a defective shutter
before the trip to Namibia. In Namibia the mount ripped off the power cable
of the camera during tracking when I was warming up in the house instead of
watching the equipment. The cable got cought at a table leg and was too
short anyway because of the giant mount (the MK100 makes your Paramount ME
look like a dwarf).
Atik repaired the camera without charging anything for it (not even
postage), so I can't complain too much (other than that they usually have a
turnaround time of 2-3 months, which means that I did not have the camera in
my posession for about 8 months of the roughly 20 months I have owned it...)

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ter.com...
On 1/9/2012 7:56 AM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Abell 35 is the first post from my "emergency schedule" after I damaged
my
Atik 383 camera in Namibia.
I had to image with my SXV-H9 camera (good idea to take a backup camera
on
the trip) and switched from a 14" Meade ACF to a small ED refractor as
the
FOV would have been _very_ small with the 14" ACF.

Abell 35 is a large PN that has a decent size even at 400mm focal length.

Date 2.6.2011

Old January 12th 12, 09:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I've not heard of others with shutter issues with that camera. You seem
to get all the bad luck.

One thing I do like about the Paramount is the through the mount cable
runs. Never have to worry about cables. They just are long enough to
reach with sag. No way they can catch anything.

Sure hope you never have to send it back again.

I've had my used STLZ-11000 now for almost 6 years without a hint of a
problem other than a screw coming loose and that prevented the filter
wheel from turning. Other than that it has worked fine. A bit of
lock-tite fixed that.

I am on my third imaging laptop. They key going south on me. Mother
board issue with the first one, second lost a fan which I hope can be
fixed. It was good for imaging but small hard drive limited it for
storing much over one year. New lap top has a 1.5 terabyte drive. That
should hold me for a while.

But getting it set up is taking a lot more time than I'd like. Just
gone news in it a few minutes ago.

Rick

On 1/10/2012 6:16 AM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Rick,

the camera had been away for repairs twice because of a defective shutter
before the trip to Namibia. In Namibia the mount ripped off the power cable
of the camera during tracking when I was warming up in the house instead of
watching the equipment. The cable got cought at a table leg and was too
short anyway because of the giant mount (the MK100 makes your Paramount ME
look like a dwarf).
Atik repaired the camera without charging anything for it (not even
postage), so I can't complain too much (other than that they usually have a
turnaround time of 2-3 months, which means that I did not have the camera in
my posession for about 8 months of the roughly 20 months I have owned it...)

Stefan

"Rick schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ter.com...
On 1/9/2012 7:56 AM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Abell 35 is the first post from my "emergency schedule" after I damaged
my
Atik 383 camera in Namibia.
I had to image with my SXV-H9 camera (good idea to take a backup camera
on
the trip) and switched from a 14" Meade ACF to a small ED refractor as
the
FOV would have been _very_ small with the 14" ACF.

Abell 35 is a large PN that has a decent size even at 400mm focal length.

Date 2.6.2011
Object Abell 35
Optics Vixen ED80Sf with AP CCDT67 Reducer for 399mm focal length
Camera SXV-H9, Baader Ha:R:G:B
Exposure 3x20m Ha, 5x20m R, each 2x20m G and B
Mount MK100
Location Kiripotib farm, Namibia

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp6/Abell35colourgut.jpg

Damaged camera -- Yikes! Didn't it have a shutter go bad the prior trip?
Or was that just prior to the trip? It doesn't seem to like that part of
the world. Hope it is not too expensive to fix.

That is one faint planetary, though many Abell planetaries are.

Rick

Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net