Planisphere with moon phases

Old February 24th 07, 11:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Planisphere with moon phases

Hi guys,

some time ago I saw a special planisphere (a star chart that can be
adjusted to display the night sky for any given latitude, time and
date) on a website but I forgot the link.

The special of this planisphere was the implemented moon phases on the
edge of the map.
There were several moon phases (more then 20) around the map
(circumferential) to see the changing moon phase for the given date
and time.

Here is an example for a planisphere, but without moon phases.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planisphere

I think the special planisphere came from USA but I am not sure. I
forgot name and link.
Does anybody know the planisphere with implemented moon phases?
I couldn't find it with google.

Many thanks in advance!

Clear Skies!
Bernd

Old February 25th 07, 05:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 24, 3:35 pm, wrote:
Hi guys,

some time ago I saw a special planisphere (a star chart that can be
adjusted to display the night sky for any given latitude, time and
date) on a website but I forgot the link.

The special of this planisphere was the implemented moon phases on the
edge of the map.
There were several moon phases (more then 20) around the map
(circumferential) to see the changing moon phase for the given date
and time.

Here is an example for a planisphere, but without moon phases.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planisphere

I think the special planisphere came from USA but I am not sure. I
forgot name and link.
Does anybody know the planisphere with implemented moon phases?
I couldn't find it with google.

Hmmm, using "moon phase planisphere" to Google found this quickly:

http://www.galileotelescope.com/observing_astro__the_moon_phase.php

it costs Rs.99 -- I have no idea what currency that is.

Old February 25th 07, 06:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
dogman

On Feb 24, 6:35 pm, wrote:
[...]

Try www.calsky.com
Its shows moon phase and you can set it for anywhere on the planet its
in English but its out of Germany. it can also be set for whatever
amount of sky you want to see and actually can show photos of nebula
and galaxies.

Old February 25th 07, 06:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
dogman

On Feb 25, 1:04 am, "dogman" wrote:
On Feb 24, 6:35 pm, wrote:

[...]

and galaxies.- Hide quoted text -

PS go to the deep sky map, and you should create an account "they
don't want your personal info" so you can put in your Lat Long.

Old February 26th 07, 03:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
William Hamblen

On 24 Feb 2007 21:45:26 -0800, "
wrote:

On Feb 24, 3:35 pm, wrote:
[...]

Going by the flag on the home page, I'd say rupees. Pretty cheap at
the price.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old February 26th 07, 10:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Feb 25, 7:21 pm, William Hamblen wrote:
On 24 Feb 2007 21:45:26 -0800, "
wrote:
[...]
Hmmm, using "moon phase planisphere" to Google found this quickly:

http://www.galileotelescope.com/observing_astro__the_moon_phase.php

it costs Rs.99 -- I have no idea what currency that is.

Going by the flag on the home page, I'd say rupees. Pretty cheap at
the price.

Good catch! The address in Mumbai cinches it. :-)

Moon phases and a thin crescent Pete Lawrence Amateur Astronomy 3 July 25th 06 09:11 PM
Moon phases goodnigh Amateur Astronomy 3 June 29th 06 01:14 AM
ashura moon phases? [email protected] Misc 0 February 10th 06 06:09 PM
Phases of the moon question BZ Misc 1 July 16th 05 08:32 PM
moon phases hhh stellar UK Astronomy 9 November 7th 04 06:00 AM