Open letter to Rod Mollise

Old December 11th 04, 06:23 PM
Joe S.

Default Open letter to Rod Mollise

Arriving in Bay St. Louis, MS, on Jan 7; moving into apartment. Bid on a
house fell through, will start house-hunting again as soon as we move in.

Please arrange a week of clear, dark, dry skies for Bay St. Louis area
beginning on Jan 8 -- need to see Comet Machholz as it passes Pleiades.

Thanks.

As soon as we are settled, you need to come over for shrimp and all the
fixin's.

Do you know of astronomy club in Biloxi-Gulfport-Pass Christian-Bay St.
Louis area?

--

-----
Joe S.

Old December 11th 04, 07:44 PM
Martin R. Howell

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:23:02 -0500, Joe S. wrote:

Arriving in Bay St. Louis, MS, on Jan 7; moving into apartment. Bid on a
house fell through, will start house-hunting again as soon as we move in.

You and Rod are moving in together? I'd clear this with Miss Dorothy first
;o)

Martin

Old December 11th 04, 09:40 PM
Rod Mollise

Do you know of astronomy club in Biloxi-Gulfport-Pass Christian-Bay St.
Louis area?

Hi Joe:

Unfortunately, I don't. A couple of times people have attempted to start a club
on the Mississippi Coast, but nothing ever seems to have come of it (maybe you
might want to take on the job? ;-))...other than that, the MAS, the Mobile
Astronomical Society is over in, well, Mobile (my club), and you've got the
PAS, the Ponchartrain Astronomical Society in NOLA...

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old December 13th 04, 06:22 PM

Joe,

While the PAS may be a bit of a drive, there are many PAS members who
live on the MS Gulf Coast. I belong to the club, live in Slidell and
work at Stennis Space Center (about 15 miles from Bay St. Louis). I
often carry observing gear to work and observe a bit before I go home.
If you are looking for observing buddies, I'm sure there are others who
might be up for that (myself included).

Jim Johnson

Old December 13th 04, 06:23 PM

Joe,

While the PAS may be a bit of a drive, there are some PAS members who
live on the MS Gulf Coast. I belong to the club, live in Slidell and
work at Stennis Space Center (about 15 miles from Bay St. Louis). I
often carry observing gear to work and observe a bit before I go home.
If you are looking for observing buddies, I'm sure there are others who
might be up for that (myself included). Go to the PAS homepage and
check out the member information or post to their message board.
Jim Johnson