Ayn Rand's Utopia

Old June 26th 15, 03:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default Ayn Rand's Utopia

Uncarollo2:

Today the US Supreme Court upheld a criticalpart of the ACA by
a 6-3 ruling. So now maybe we can get both sides of the
isle together to strengthen the law and make it better for all?

Yea sure we can, as divided as we are by ideology - thank you very much Rush
Limbaugh and your ilk.

Ha, ha! I like your sense of humor. If I were your personal physician
or your health-insurance advisor I would advise you NOT to hold your
breath until the regressive right recognizes that the middle class and
the poor--especially the poor--are entitled to basic human rights.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old June 26th 15, 04:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
lal_truckee

On 6/25/15 7:23 PM, Davoud wrote:
I would advise you NOT to hold your
breath until the regressive right recognizes that the middle class and
the poor--especially the poor--are entitled to basic human rights.

The right believes the poor deserve to be poor, as penance for the sin
of not being born rich.
Old June 26th 15, 09:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Lord Vath wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:04:22 -0700 (PDT), Uncarollo2
wrote this crap:

People who rail against this law really don't understand
what it's all about. It is basically an insurance regulation law.

It's a unneeded tax that most people don't want and wouldn't vote for.
And the resident flat out lied to the people to ram it through.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

..
Old June 26th 15, 01:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:32:30 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

On 6/25/15 7:23 PM, Davoud wrote:
I would advise you NOT to hold your
breath until the regressive right recognizes that the middle class and
the poor--especially the poor--are entitled to basic human rights.

The right believes the poor deserve to be poor, as penance for the sin
of not being born rich.

Ridiculous. I was born of immigrants who came to this country with
nothing but the clothes they wearing. I grew up with seven brothers
and sisters. They all got a good education and all are doing quite
well. My sisters all got college educations. One is an airline
executive and one is a director of the Red Cross. Three of my
brothers got college educations, one is a controller of a defense
department company, and lives in a mansion. One owns his own company
and lives in a huge mansion. And one is a mechanical engineer who
lives on a house with lakefront property which has it's own dock and
two boats.

You don't have to be born rich to achieve the American Dream. Anyone
growing up poor can make it in this country. The real crime is that
the lefties WANT YOU TO STAY POOR. The poor get stuck in the safety
nets and can't get out.

Old June 26th 15, 01:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote this crap:

People who rail against this law really don't understand
what it's all about. It is basically an insurance regulation law.

It's a unneeded tax that most people don't want and wouldn't vote for.
And the resident flat out lied to the people to ram it through.

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

I earned it for the difficult service I was performing to preserve
liberty and freedom. All military personnel deserve the best medical
care. If military personnel were returning from their tour of duties
and they were sick or had untreated diseases or injuries, it wouldn't
be good for public relations, would it?

Old June 26th 15, 03:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 9:32:39 PM UTC-6, lal_truckee wrote:

The right believes the poor deserve to be poor, as penance for the sin
of not being born rich.

What, they don't believe in reincarnation?

John Savard
Old June 26th 15, 03:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote this crap:

People who rail against this law really don't understand
what it's all about. It is basically an insurance regulation law.

It's a unneeded tax that most people don't want and wouldn't vote for.
And the resident flat out lied to the people to ram it through.

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

I earned it for the difficult service I was performing to preserve
liberty and freedom. All military personnel deserve the best medical
care. If military personnel were returning from their tour of duties
and they were sick or had untreated diseases or injuries, it wouldn't
be good for public relations, would it?

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

I earned my right to free medical care by paying my taxes for the benefit
of all. And also by working for the health service on a lower wage than I
could have earned in industry. Ex military personnel deserve good
healthcare. So do the people who pay their wages.
Old June 26th 15, 03:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 08:59:36 -0400, Lord Vath
wrote:

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

I earned it for the difficult service I was performing to preserve
liberty and freedom.

Your services were no more difficult than those of many others who
work directly for the public, and offered no more value to society
than those of most people.

They certainly do not warrant special privileges.
Old June 26th 15, 04:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote this crap:

People who rail against this law really don't understand
what it's all about. It is basically an insurance regulation law.

It's a unneeded tax that most people don't want and wouldn't vote for.
And the resident flat out lied to the people to ram it through.

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

I earned it for the difficult service I was performing to preserve
liberty and freedom. All military personnel deserve the best medical
care. If military personnel were returning from their tour of duties
and they were sick or had untreated diseases or injuries, it wouldn't
be good for public relations, would it?

I earned my right to free medical care by paying my taxes for the benefit
of all. And also by working for the health service on a lower wage than I
could have earned in industry.

You're justifying receiving good health care by working at a low wage?
by which you paid little taxes? dream on.

Ex military personnel deserve good
healthcare. So do the people who pay their wages.

Of course. If you earn a decent wage and you pay taxes on it then you
can have any health care you can afford. There's no argument there.

Old June 26th 15, 04:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

wrote:

You're ex military. Doesn't that mean that you get cheap health insurance
paid for by other people's taxes?

I earned it for the difficult service I was performing to preserve
liberty and freedom.

Your services were no more difficult than those of many others who
work directly for the public, and offered no more value to society
than those of most people.

Military personnel often work under conditions and handle equipment
which workers in the civilian sector never would be allowed. My
girlfriend had a training accident in which she broke her neck and her
back in two places and left her partly paralyzed. She was doing a
training exercise which never would have been allowed by civilians.

They certainly do not warrant special privileges.

Again we disagree.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Prof. Frank J. Tipler's "A Liberal Utopia" James Redford Astronomy Misc 0 August 22nd 13 04:07 PM
Rand Simberg is back! Dale Carlson History 1 February 23rd 11 10:18 AM
I Have Found Utopia! jonathan Policy 1 September 23rd 05 01:02 AM
Utopia? Double-A Misc 2 July 15th 05 04:40 PM
For Rand Rand Simberg Policy 9 September 25th 03 06:27 PM