Dark Matter Conundrum

Old October 24th 11, 02:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

Default Dark Matter Conundrum

It seem that the current model for dark matter has problems
when applied to dwarf galaxies. Scenarios anyone?

http://www.space.com/13359-dark-matt...s-gravity.html

Regards,
Ben
Old October 25th 11, 04:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Ben:

It seem that the current model for dark matter has problems
when applied to dwarf galaxies. Scenarios anyone?

You think I'm going to reveal my theory of dark matter publicly and
hand my Nobel to someone else!?

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Old October 25th 11, 04:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Hubble snaps dark matter warping spacetime
http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/10/13/hubble_large.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ional_lensing/

"Hubble scientists explain that what makes MACS 1206 so massive is that
it contains an enormous – one might even say astronomical – amount of
the as-yet-unexplained substance, dark matter.

"Being, well, dark, dark matter cannot be seen – its existence can only
be inferred from how it warps spacetime. In the case of MACS 1206, the
warping is extreme, indicating that MACS 1206 is one hefty cluster, indeed.

"We have no freaking idea of exactly what dark matter is, but we do know
that there's a lot of it – estimates of its percentage of the total
matter in the universe hover around the mid-to-high 90s. Nor, for that
matter (no pun intended), do we yet have an inkling of the identity of
its compatriot, dark energy, the force that's causing the expansion of
the universe to accelerate".

See:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ional_lensing/

Old October 25th 11, 04:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Galaxy Clusters Validate Einstein

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...e-einstei.html

"Besides confirming general relativity, the results strongly support the
Lambda-Cold Dark Matter model of the universe, an already popular
cosmological model according to which most of the cosmos is made up of
invisible stuff that does not interact with matter constituting stars
and planets. The test also lends support for dark energy, the mysterious
force that appears to be pushing the universe apart".

See:
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...e-einstei.html

Old October 28th 11, 02:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 24/10/2011 9:42 AM, Ben wrote:
It seem that the current model for dark matter has problems
when applied to dwarf galaxies. Scenarios anyone?

http://www.space.com/13359-dark-matt...s-gravity.html

Yeah easy, Dark Matter doesn't exist, never has, never will. Short answer.

Long answer, the effects scientists are seeing that they are attributing
to Dark Matter are effects of the energy surrounding galaxies that get
trapped into their gravity wells, which serves to make their gravity
wells look even bigger than they are. It's not matter of any kind, just
trapped energy.

Yousuf Khan
Old October 28th 11, 06:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 28, 3:55*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 24/10/2011 9:42 AM, Ben wrote:

It seem that the current model for dark matter has problems
when applied to dwarf galaxies. *Scenarios anyone?

http://www.space.com/13359-dark-matt...s-gravity.html

Yeah easy, Dark Matter doesn't exist, never has, never will. Short answer..

Long answer, the effects scientists are seeing that they are attributing
to Dark Matter are effects of the energy surrounding galaxies that get
trapped into their gravity wells, which serves to make their gravity
wells look even bigger than they are. It's not matter of any kind, just
trapped energy.

* * * * Yousuf Khan

So, basically, any Tom, Ricky or Mary can make up a theory to explain
excess (virtual) mass and unexplained expansion of our own universe.

I like my; "leakage of gravity and anti-gravity across the membranes
between multiverses". And, so do 97% of astrophysicists (who expressed
an opinion) in the 17 whernest universes. Hans-drex can do the
maths. :-)
Old October 28th 11, 07:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Oct 28, 10:57*am, "Chris.B" wrote:

I like my; "leakage of gravity and anti-gravity across the membranes
between multiverses".

Works for me ;)
Old October 28th 11, 08:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Oct 28, 8:08*pm, palsing wrote:
On Oct 28, 10:57*am, "Chris.B" wrote:

I like my; "leakage of gravity and anti-gravity across the membranes
between multiverses".

Works for me ;)

Excellent! I shall use your post as a reference in my forthcoming
paper.
Which is about to be published in the (peer-reviewed) Naturist. :-)
Old October 28th 11, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brian Tung[_5_]

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Yeah easy, Dark Matter doesn't exist, never has, never will. Short answer.

Long answer, the effects scientists are seeing that they are attributing
to Dark Matter are effects of the energy surrounding galaxies that get
trapped into their gravity wells, which serves to make their gravity
wells look even bigger than they are. It's not matter of any kind, just
trapped energy.

I look forward to your quantitative analysis. It doesn't even
need to be peer-reviewed. Just post it here. I'll look at it.
Keep in mind that it should explain the bulk of the existing
observations, as well as explain the regularities in the
phenomena that led to the dark-matter hypothesis in the
first place.

--
Brian Tung (posting from Google Groups)
The Astronomy Corner at http://www.astronomycorner.net/