ASTRO: my first ccd images

Old April 6th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: my first ccd images

John Gretchen has a cool idea: posting first CCD images

Here are my first two: both solar system shots

I had no clue what I was doing

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jupiter_01.JPEG
Views:	298
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1828  Click image for larger version

Name:	luna_01_touch.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1829
Old April 6th 08, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Gordan

Nice, Richard, but - dates, please!?

Old April 6th 08, 11:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

the telescope (lx200 10") was bought two weeks earlier.

tried film via an OM1 and T ring but gave up and bought an ST7E

that was first light for the ST7E

Old April 7th 08, 07:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Gordan

I see that you started with a10" LX200... Nice! But a telescope like that is
still a dream for me... I've got a 8" f/5 GSO Newton on EQ6 SynScan Pro
(GoTo) mount for about ten months now. I'm pleased with it but I need to
collimate it frequently, don't know why. Now I'm waiting for my CCD cams
(QHY2Pro for imaging and QHY5 for autoguiding). When I get them I'll post my
first CCD images, too...
Greetings,
Gordan

Old April 7th 08, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

yep I bought an 8" LX200 and took it home in mid November 2000. That was my
first telescope ever

Once I got it home I decided that I should have bought the 10" so I
returned it the next day for the larger one.

I kept it for two months and then returned it for a C14

I had terrible results with the CI700 mount so I got an AP1200GTO about two
months after that.

I don't have the LX200 or C14 anymore but I still use the AP1200GTO with my
home built 18" classical cassegrain.

My first "good" image with the C14 / AP1200 was M57

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m57_from_c14.htm

It took me about a year and a half before I figured out that you needed to
combine multiple exposures for each channel....

"Gordan" wrote in message
Nice, Richard, but - dates, please!?

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
John Gretchen has a cool idea: posting first CCD images

Here are my first two: both solar system shots

I had no clue what I was doing

ASTRO: 17P Images Eric[_1_] Astro Pictures 6 October 28th 07 03:04 AM
ASTRO : M13 images Fabio Astro Pictures 3 August 10th 07 03:49 PM
ASTRO: several Solar images LA Astro Pictures 4 May 16th 07 03:19 AM
ASTRO: new images LA Astro Pictures 8 November 27th 06 12:34 PM
Sharpening of Astro-Images Charles Shahar Misc 2 September 15th 04 06:42 PM