Celestron Celestar C8 Dec Drive Motor / Hand Controller

Old January 14th 05, 12:14 PM
dean

Default Celestron Celestar C8 Dec Drive Motor / Hand Controller

Hello all

I have a celestron celestar C8 (not deluxe) that has a RA drive. I
would like to fit a DEC drive and a hand panel. I have tried david
hind however he no longer stocks the parts as the model is obsolete.
Does anybody know where can I get a dec drive and panel from?

I aim to convert the scope to an autotracking ccd scope for
astrophotography. Is there a package that i can bolt on that will
allow me to do that considering that I have a limited budget (about
£600.00)?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards to all and clear nights

Dean
Old January 14th 05, 06:32 PM
Robert Williams

Hi there Dean,

have you tried AWR?
Their blurb says that they can fit a drive to 'any telescope'.

Robert

om...

Old January 14th 05, 07:00 PM
Richard Darn

Not sure this is what you want - but check out JMI for a declination motor.
http://www.jimsmobile.com/ I bought one for my 1994 vintage C8, but that
scope came with a hand paddle, offering precise RA control, along with dec
buttons awaiting the motor upgrade.

You may end up remounting the OTA - perhaps on a second hand Vixen GPDX with
Skysensor. You may be able to do that for £600.

Richard

Old January 15th 05, 12:27 AM
Stephen Tonkin

dean wrote:
Does anybody know where can I get a dec drive and panel from?

Almost certainly from JMI -- I've dealt with them before and was very
pleased with their service. www.jimsmobile.com

Best,
Stephen

Remove footfrommouth to reply

--
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +