Skysensor 2000pc

Old October 15th 09, 10:46 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
ForeverArsenal[_2_]

Default Skysensor 2000pc

Hello to the group.

To my shame some 8yrs back I purchase a Skysensor 2000pc
and never go into using it.

I have a 10 inch Orion F5 ? reflector,field trypod,Orion 570mm pier
and a C102 Celestron refractor (approx 12 years old and I believe
at the time made by Vixen) (I could be wrong).

A lot of the reason for all staying well covered in the outside brick
shed was following heart surgery I lost all interest,now I'd like to
try again.
I never was a expert at astronomy like many in this group but
I have from time to time come back to this group for a read.

I recently fired up the SSK2pc via the mains supply lead
and following instructions entered required details.

After switching off and back on again it asked for details to be
entered again so seems that internal battery has died.

I am capable of installing//solderdering bat in.BUT does anyone
know where to get a replacement battery please.

Baz

Old October 15th 09, 11:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Liquorice[_2_]

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:46:32 +0100, ForeverArsenal wrote:

I am capable of installing//solderdering bat in.BUT does anyone
know where to get a replacement battery please.

What type/size battery is it?

If it's a common Lithium coin type battery most supermarkets have
'em. Failing that you could try a Maplin store if you have one nearby
or the electronics places on the web like CPC, Rapid Electronics, RS
etc

Have you tried leaving the unit switched on and plugged into the
mains for 24hrs. It might be a rechargeable and recover. Though if it
is a rechargeable it probably won't be as good as it should be and
have a very short backup time.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Skysensor 2000-PC availability? Fred Amateur Astronomy 10 January 10th 05 11:37 AM
SkySensor 2000PC Colin Dawson UK Astronomy 4 October 1st 04 05:18 PM
SkySensor 2000PC Colin Dawson Amateur Astronomy 4 October 1st 04 09:38 AM
SkySensor 2000PC Colin Dawson Misc 1 October 1st 04 01:09 AM
Skysensor 2000PC I.J Jordan UK Astronomy 2 June 13th 04 12:43 PM