Best (fastest) place to get slide film processed?

Old August 15th 05, 10:41 AM
ag73

Default Best (fastest) place to get slide film processed?

Hi,

I had my first proper attempt at taking meteor photos last night with
my Canon EOS SLR camera and I'm pretty sure I got a very bright meteor
on one of the shots. I used 2 rolls of ISO 800 slide film and I'm now
keen to get them processed as quickly as possible so I can see the
results.

Boots have said it will take about 12 days to send away. Does anyone
know if I can get them processed faster anywhere else?

Thanks,

Andy.

Old August 15th 05, 06:03 PM
Martin Brown

ag73 wrote:

I had my first proper attempt at taking meteor photos last night with
my Canon EOS SLR camera and I'm pretty sure I got a very bright meteor
on one of the shots. I used 2 rolls of ISO 800 slide film and I'm now
keen to get them processed as quickly as possible so I can see the
results.

Boots have said it will take about 12 days to send away. Does anyone
know if I can get them processed faster anywhere else?

Your local professional colour lab will do them with turnaround times
ranging from about 2 hours through to 2 days for a price. Prime season
for slow processing by consumer labs is at this time of year. Pro labs
will also push the processing if you ask them to. Beware of having
astrophoto slides mounted unless you know the lab well.

Regards,
Martin Brown