Aurora : canada, finland only

Old October 30th 03, 08:06 PM
Thierry

Default Aurora : canada, finland only

Hi,
K-indice is 7, no cahnce to see Aurora over western Europe but always a full
blackout on bands from 20m and up.
Some good chance over Canada and Finland, as usual ;-)

Bonjour,
K=7, insuffisant pour observer une aurore en Europe occidendale. pas mieux
qu'hier !!
Par contre tjs le blackout radio sur 20m et bandes sup.
Par contre de bonnes chances d'en voir au Canada et en Finlande, comme
d'habitude ;-)

Info A, K, indices :
http://oh2aq.kolumbus.com/dxs/
Aurora forecast Europe
http://www.gi.alaska.edu/aurora_predict/map8/0.html
Aurora forecast US
http://www.gi.alaska.edu/aurora_predict/map8/270.html
All warnings :
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/alerts/k-index.html
Résumé/ summary :
http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry
alias ON4SKY

Old October 30th 03, 09:31 PM
Kipper

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message
Hi,
K-indice is 7, no cahnce to see Aurora over western Europe but always a

full
blackout on bands from 20m and up.
Some good chance over Canada and Finland, as usual ;-)

Bonjour,
K=7, insuffisant pour observer une aurore en Europe occidendale. pas mieux
qu'hier !!
Par contre tjs le blackout radio sur 20m et bandes sup.
Par contre de bonnes chances d'en voir au Canada et en Finlande, comme
d'habitude ;-)

My cousin is driving near Dundee in Scotland and says the aurora is faint,
but visible. That was about 30 minutes ago.

Cheers
--
K.

Old October 30th 03, 09:39 PM
Thierry

"Kipper" wrote in message

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message
Hi,
K-indice is 7, no cahnce to see Aurora over western Europe but always a

My cousin is driving near Dundee in Scotland and says the aurora is faint,
but visible. That was about 30 minutes ago.

Indeed.
They are visible from Scotland and above as red glow when Kp=5. and above
see graph at http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/aurore2.htm (end of page)

There are some pic on forum alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Thierry

Cheers
--
K.

Old October 30th 03, 09:57 PM
Kipper

"Kipper" wrote in message

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in

message
Hi,
K-indice is 7, no cahnce to see Aurora over western Europe but always

My cousin is driving near Dundee in Scotland and says the aurora is

faint,
but visible. That was about 30 minutes ago.

Indeed.
They are visible from Scotland and above as red glow when Kp=5. and above
see graph at http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/aurore2.htm (end of page)

There are some pic on forum alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Thierry

So not just Canada and Finland then? Nice site.

Cheers
--
K.

Old October 30th 03, 11:09 PM
Thierry

"Kipper" wrote in message

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message

So not just Canada and Finland then? Nice site.

Mmm. No of course but as usual, looking at the Aurora oval (forecasts) as
the southern limit comes very close North UK in my mind this is no more
Europe (sorry).

Thierry

Cheers
--
K.

Old October 31st 03, 11:59 PM
class_a_zpk_12wpm

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:06:13 +0100, "Thierry" Thierry, see
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote:

Hi,
K-indice is 7, no cahnce to see Aurora over western Europe but always a full
blackout on bands from 20m and up.
Some good chance over Canada and Finland, as usual ;-)

Lights seen from Dublin N53.25

large ptaches of yellow+blue+green

northern sky definitely brighter than southern sky.

Old November 1st 03, 12:01 AM
class_a_zpk_12wpm

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:09:39 +0100, "Thierry" Thierry, see
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote:

the southern limit comes very close North UK in my mind this is no more
Europe (sorry).

so its not only some people in gbr that
think that gbr is not in europe ?????

if north gbr is not in europe, what about north norway ?
Old November 1st 03, 01:39 AM
Kipper

"class_a_zpk_12wpm"
.uk.net wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:09:39 +0100, "Thierry" Thierry, see
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote:

the southern limit comes very close North UK in my mind this is no more
Europe (sorry).

so its not only some people in gbr that
think that gbr is not in europe ?????

if north gbr is not in europe, what about north norway ?

Hee hee. I'm Scottish and a big advocate of the Euro - wish it were here.
Kind of puts me off the idea though when "Europe" is not with me... Wasn't
like that when I was in the Basque parts of Spain and France... Anyway,
what's that got to do with the aurora?

Cheers
--
K.

Old November 1st 03, 02:12 PM
Ragnar Otterstad

Here in Norway we have had some magnificient Aurora Borealis evenings.

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ skrev i melding

Old November 1st 03, 03:16 PM
Anders Eklöf

Ragnar Otterstad wrote:

Here in Norway we have had some magnificient Aurora Borealis evenings.

Another report in this group said it was even visible in Greece !!