Spiral Galaxy Moving Fast

Old August 26th 18, 01:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.atheism
Andrew[_5_]

Default Spiral Galaxy Moving Fast

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1808/heic1404b1920.jpg

Here we see spiral galaxy ESO 137-001 hurtling through a
galaxy cluster called Abell 3627, which is about 220 million
light years away from us. As the spiral galaxy speeds along
at nearly 7 million kilometers per hour, some of its gas and
dust is being stripped away, as we can see here.

Old August 26th 18, 04:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Sergio

On 8/25/2018 7:56 PM, Andrew wrote:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1808/heic1404b1920.jpg

Here we see spiral galaxy ESO 137-001 hurtling through a
galaxy cluster called Abell 3627, which is about 220 million
light years away from us. As the spiral galaxy speeds along at nearly 7
million kilometers per hour, some of its gas and dust is being stripped
away, as we can see here.

very nice picture,

question, in a 'compact' cluster, how far apart are the stars in the
cluster ? just a guess is fine, I have tried to find that via internet
Old August 26th 18, 06:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Andrew[_6_]

"Sergio" wrote in message news
Andrew wrote:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1808/heic1404b1920.jpg

Here we see spiral galaxy ESO 137-001 hurtling through a
galaxy cluster called Abell 3627, which is about 220 million
light years away from us. As the spiral galaxy speeds along at nearly 7
million kilometers per hour, some of its gas and dust is being stripped
away, as we can see here.

very nice picture,

question, in a 'compact' cluster, how far apart are the stars in the
cluster ? just a guess is fine, I have tried to find that via internet

It is traveling through a galaxy cluster rather than a star cluster.

The stars in the foreground are from our galaxy.
Old August 26th 18, 07:08 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.atheism
Siri Cruise

In article ,
"Andrew" wrote:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1808/heic1404b1920.jpg

Here we see spiral galaxy ESO 137-001 hurtling through a
galaxy cluster called Abell 3627, which is about 220 million
light years away from us. As the spiral galaxy speeds along
at nearly 7 million kilometers per hour, some of its gas and
dust is being stripped away, as we can see here.

This is what happens we let galaxies take 'shrooms.

DARE. Drug Awareness Resistance Education. RiF.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Old August 27th 18, 03:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.atheism
Street

"Andrew" wrote:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1808/heic1404b1920.jpg

Here we see spiral galaxy ESO 137-001 hurtling through a
galaxy cluster called Abell 3627, which is about 220 million
light years away from us. As the spiral galaxy speeds along at nearly 7
million kilometers per hour, some of its gas and dust is being stripped
away, as we can see here.

Holy crap. And the ****ing cops ticket me for going only 15mph above the
limit. Not fair.

OT Moving troops fast across the globe bob haller safety advocate Space Shuttle 12 August 19th 08 09:16 PM
PLATES TECTONIC IS A FAST MOVING THEORIES INDEED [email protected] Astronomy Misc 6 June 11th 08 09:32 AM
Gravitation can be stirred up by a fast moving/rotating object [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 October 30th 06 03:28 AM
How fast is Earth moving? Johnny Solar 2 November 4th 04 12:53 PM
How fast is the Solarsystem/Milky Way moving? KlingvilleBill Amateur Astronomy 8 December 12th 03 05:52 AM