Wave On a Pond

Old September 26th 07, 12:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Wave On a Pond

Drop a rock into the middle of a pond and this action takes place.
Hitting the water that is non-compressible the water comes up the sides
of the rock and is pushed away in all directions. It creates a circular
wave that is moving up and down,and the circle gets bigger and bigger as
it moves towards the shore. Bigger makes the wave lose energy,much like
big light waves(radio) have far less energy as gamma rays. The pond
wave comes to shore as a tiny ripple,and rubbing against the sandy shore
bottom its energy is converted to heat. The pond wave obeys the
square law,and reality is no matter how big the pond is the wave will
never lose all its energy. It will reach the shore. Like a light wave
can go to infinity Bert

Old September 26th 07, 12:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Sep 26, 4:07 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Drop a rock into the middle of a pond and this action takes place.
Hitting the water that is non-compressible the water comes up the sides
of the rock and is pushed away in all directions. It creates a circular
wave that is moving up and down,and the circle gets bigger and bigger as
it moves towards the shore. Bigger makes the wave lose energy,much like
big light waves(radio) have far less energy as gamma rays. The pond
wave comes to shore as a tiny ripple,and rubbing against the sandy shore
bottom its energy is converted to heat. The pond wave obeys the
square law,and reality is no matter how big the pond is the wave will
never lose all its energy. It will reach the shore. Like a light wave
can go to infinity Bert

I believe the energy of the wave will decrease with the inverse of the
radius, not the inverse of the square of the radius. Think about it.

Double-A

Old September 26th 07, 01:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Good Morning Double-A You are up early. I shall think about it. My
point of the post is like distance dilutes a water wave's energy this
also relates to the wave energy of light. Bert.

Old October 4th 07, 01:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Best to keep in mind pond waves,and space waves only relate to each
other in our minds. Reality is they have great differences Bert

Old October 4th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Oct 4, 5:52 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Best to keep in mind pond waves,and space waves only relate to each
other in our minds. Reality is they have great differences Bert

Pond waves move our over a two dimensional surface while space waves,
such as light, move out into a three dimensional realm. That is why
their energy diminishes at a different rate.

Double-A

Old October 4th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"Double-A" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 4, 5:52 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Best to keep in mind pond waves,and space waves only relate to each
other in our minds. Reality is they have great differences Bert

Pond waves move our over a two dimensional surface while space waves,
such as light, move out into a three dimensional realm. That is why
their energy diminishes at a different rate.

Double-A

I'm still trying to actually picture it in my mind.
Water waves are transverse like light waves, but
as you say, water waves ride the sort of two-
dimensional surface of a body of water. Light
waves OTOH are emanated from a body in ALL
directions in three dimensions. You on the West
coast of the US, and Bert on the East coast, can
watch the same star at the same time because
of this. And that star might be being watched
by somebody in a star system on the other side
of that star.

So accepting the nature of spacetime to be a
high-grade energy that is modulated (waved)
by this starlight, i wonder how precisely to
picture it. It seems to be as hard to picture this
as it is to picture the rubber mat/bowling ball
analogy of curved space. We usually see this
depicted with only one mat. Yet we know deep
down that there must be infinite "mats" around
every body.

So how would *you* picture the light signal as
it vibrates the SPED?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Tender is my love for thee
Oh star so close at hand,

It's so easy to believe
In all this beachin' fun,
That some day you and we will be--
Altogether one.

http://sec.noaa.gov/primer/primer.html

As it "sinks" into the sea,
You can almost hear the sssssss...
http://tinyurl.com/2tjr2b

Indelibly yours,
Paine
http://www.savethechildren.org/
http://www.painellsworth.net

Old October 4th 07, 11:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

On Oct 4, 2:08 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

I don't know the exact pircture, but photons don't lose amplitude as
they go like a pond wave does. They get more spread out and farther
apart. So the number of photons from the Sun hitting your eye at 93
million miles from the Sun would be 1/4 as many as would be hitting
you eye at 46.5 million miles from the Sun. That is because the
photons at 46.5 mm are spread over a sphere with only 1/4 the surface
of a sphere with twice the radius at 93 mm. That is why the intensity
of light diminishes with the inverse square of the distance.

Double-A

Old October 4th 07, 11:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Double-A & Painius Waves in a pond need a medium(water's surface) Light
waves need no medium. lots of other tricky stuff that don't make them
all that relative Bert

Old October 5th 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Oct 4, 2:08 pm, "Painius" wrote:

I'm still trying to actually picture it in my mind.
Water waves are transverse like light waves, but
as you say, water waves ride the sort of two-
dimensional surface of a body of water. Light
waves OTOH are emanated from a body in ALL
directions in three dimensions. body.

So how would *you* picture the light signal as
it vibrates the SPED?

Lew Paxton has a pretty good take on it. His term 'nether' is
synonymous with our 'SPED'. He pictures the electron as a single
'bathtub drain' standing-wave vortex (where Wolter pictured it as
`two` mirror-imaging vortices converging to a point). Anyway, here's
his take on EM wave propagation -

http://www.softcom.net/users/greebo/em.htm

See also his thesis on flowing-space gravity (link to 'Main Menu',
then 'What is Gravity?') oc

Old October 5th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Default Silver Waves On Golden Pond

On Oct 4, 3:43 pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Double-A & Painius Waves in a pond need a medium(water's surface) Light
waves need no medium.

That's debatable.

lots of other tricky stuff that don't make them
all that relative Bert

Double-A

where is the Pond talk Tristie Amateur Astronomy 0 September 5th 07 03:28 AM
pond fully accelerates Junior's goods P. Y. Sephton Amateur Astronomy 0 August 15th 07 02:47 AM
1/6 or 1/8 wave khobar Amateur Astronomy 79 February 3rd 07 03:16 AM
Wave after Wave G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 17 September 8th 05 03:33 PM
Wave as wave, particle as particle newedana Astronomy Misc 24 May 10th 05 03:59 PM