ASTRO: Helix Nebula in Ha and [OIII] and Blue

Old August 20th 04, 09:33 PM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: Helix Nebula in Ha and [OIII] and Blue

shot last weekend in a near gale force wind using an AP155EDF and IMG6303E
camera. The wind was a solid 10MPH with gusts to 20MPH. Not really a gale
but it is if you are trying to track long exposure images.

The shots were 20 minute subexposures through Cust Sci 3nm filters and were
four each of Ha and [OIII]. I had seven shots of 5 minutes through a blue
filter

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...hao3b_page.htm

I am convinced that under less windy conditions the image would have been
sharper. I need to do this one again using my C14..