are they really looking for aliens with the SETI program?

Old October 26th 03, 09:57 AM
Di£$£L

Default are they really looking for aliens with the SETI program?

I don't mean to be paranoid, but everyone & their mother is starting
to see the benefits of distro, and other distro systems are putting
bugware, spyware, etc into their code, and misusing peoples cancer
units for anthrax units, for example.

how are we sure that seti follows the pure faith?

if it was completely open source i might install it again. but the
line between legitimate software and trojans has blurred in recent
years.

there needs to be a trustable trust system, that can prove that the
trust that they prove is trustworthy. if you catch my drift.

Old October 26th 03, 04:08 PM
Rich

Di=A3$=A3L replied:
I don't mean to be paranoid, but everyone & their mother is starting
to see the benefits of distro, and other distro systems are putting
bugware, spyware, etc into their code, and misusing peoples cancer
units for anthrax units, for example.

Cancer units for anthrax units? I'll trade you one carcinoma unit
for three anthrax units. :^/

how are we sure that seti follows the pure faith?

You can only be sure of a few things, death and taxes stand out.

if it was completely open source i might install it again. but the
line between legitimate software and trojans has blurred in recent
years.

There's some truth to this.

there needs to be a trustable trust system, that can prove that the
trust that they prove is trustworthy. if you catch my drift.

What did Mulder say, "trust no one", or something like that.

It's the only way to be safe.

Rich

Old October 27th 03, 12:53 AM
newsreader

"Di£$£L" wrote in message
I don't mean to be paranoid, but everyone & their mother is starting
to see the benefits of distro, and other distro systems are putting
bugware, spyware, etc into their code, and misusing peoples cancer
units for anthrax units, for example.

In what distributed system has any of this really occurred?

Old October 27th 03, 07:38 AM
Fuzzy

"Rich" wrote in message

Di£$£L replied:
I don't mean to be paranoid, but everyone & their mother is starting
to see the benefits of distro, and other distro systems are putting
bugware, spyware, etc into their code, and misusing peoples cancer
units for anthrax units, for example.

Cancer units for anthrax units? I'll trade you one carcinoma unit
for three anthrax units. :^/

Don't give them ideas! Hehe.
Next you will be seeing tradable units, futures,.... on the stock market.
;-)

Old October 27th 03, 06:10 PM
Di£$£L

impecably honest scientists? Berkeley is
already!

LOL!

like Chicken Little and the sky is falling.

But the Sky is falling. It really, really is.

Old October 27th 03, 06:12 PM
Di£$£L

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:53:58 GMT, "newsreader"
wrote:

"Di£$£L" wrote in message
.. .
I don't mean to be paranoid, but everyone & their mother is starting
to see the benefits of distro, and other distro systems are putting
bugware, spyware, etc into their code, and misusing peoples cancer
units for anthrax units, for example.

In what distributed system has any of this really occurred?

Oh you know, that one that did cancer and anthrax on the same distro.
I *used* to use it nothing more complicated than a hidden opt-in
option...