A Grand Slam: In a winning move, NASA probe burrows into a comet

Old July 10th 05, 03:56 PM
hanson

the penniless financier "Schoenfeld" wrote in
oups.com...
Sam Wormley wrote:
A 372-kilogram copper projectile released from NASA's Deep Impact
spacecraft successfully slammed into Comet Tempel 1 on July 4,
producing some heavenly fireworks.
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20050709/bob7.asp

Uncle Al wrote:
Maybe the cure for AIDS or cancer is on a comet. Let's get NIH
in space - they've got tremendously fat budgets for psychologists
to endlessly videotape unhappy people.

Mike wrote:
Taxes pay for NIH's budget and paying taxes makes me unhappy.
Hmmm, maybe there is a connection....

Enter the penniless financier "Schoenfeld" who wrote:
You have no money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

[hanson]
ahahaha... AHAHAHA......
Schoenfeld is of course a mental wizard with his own private
"fractional-reserve banking"... being constantly broke himself
like all class 3 enviros are, yet giving constantly green advice
how to get himself even deeper into debt....
ahahaha... ahahahanson

PS:
Modern, attributal definitions of enviro classifications:
Class (1)
Green ****(s): ...are the ones who advocate, promote,
support, legalize, institute and extort the permit charges,
the user fees, the enviro surtaxes and the CO2/Carbon tax,
all reflected in HIGHER PRICES of goods and services!,
and being responsible for much of the OUT-SOURCING!
Class (2)
Green turd(s):... are the ones who are recipients and
beneficiaries from the lootings of (1), directly or indirectly.
Class (3)
Little green idiot(s):.. are the unpaid, well-meaning ones
who think they do something for the "environment", when in
fact they are only the enablers and facilitators for (2) who
are harvesting the green $$$ that (1) has extorted.

Old July 11th 05, 05:06 AM
Schoenfeld

Mike wrote:
Taxes pay for NIH's budget and paying taxes makes me unhappy.
Hmmm, maybe there is a connection....

Enter the penniless financier "Schoenfeld" who wrote:
You have no money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

[hanson]
ahahaha... AHAHAHA......
Schoenfeld is of course a mental wizard with his own private
"fractional-reserve banking"... being constantly broke himself
like all class 3 enviros are, yet giving constantly green advice
how to get himself even deeper into debt....
ahahaha... ahahahanson

Idiot hanson save the whales.

Old July 11th 05, 01:35 PM
Andy Resnick

Mike wrote:
Thanks Sam.

Some nice pictures can be found at:
http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/home/

--Mike Jr.

The ITS movie is interesting:

http://www.nasa.gov/mov/121572main_its_approach_inv.mov

The pixelization gets worse the closer the probe gets to the comet (?)
Any possible explanation?
--
Andrew Resnick, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology and Biophysics
Old July 11th 05, 01:50 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:35:05 -0400) it happened Andy Resnick
wrote in :

Mike wrote:
Thanks Sam.

Some nice pictures can be found at:
http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/home/

--Mike Jr.

The ITS movie is interesting:

http://www.nasa.gov/mov/121572main_its_approach_inv.mov

The pixelization gets worse the closer the probe gets to the comet (?)
Any possible explanation?

It is possible they switched cameras to one on the impact module?
If not, the image is clearly processed, and it is possible that to enhance
the 'zoom in' effect they only used part of the picture in the last frames.
I dunno if there was a camera on that copper module...
Old July 11th 05, 04:52 PM
Math Freak

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:43:11 GMT, Morituri-|-Max wrote:

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
A people raised on cartoons. How "fantastic".

I'm sorry, I think you meant to post to
alt.im.so.much.smarter.than.everyone.else or alt.i.have.no.wonder

Or perhaps, alt.id.rather.be.raised.on.cliches

Again I feel a woman there. Hoohh! Just what's your
gender? At least share with us in this forum that much.

--

"khodAvand _marde amal_ ast! va dar daftare khod
nAm va shohrat va shekle ashkhAs rA sabt nemikonad

- Mehdi Bazargan
Old July 11th 05, 05:03 PM
Morituri-|-Max

"Math Freak" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:43:11 GMT, Morituri-|-Max wrote:

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
A people raised on cartoons. How "fantastic".

I'm sorry, I think you meant to post to
alt.im.so.much.smarter.than.everyone.else or alt.i.have.no.wonder

Or perhaps, alt.id.rather.be.raised.on.cliches

Again I feel a woman there. Hoohh! Just what's your
gender? At least share with us in this forum that much.

If you can't figure it out from my name, then there really isn't much hope
you'll ever believe whatever I tell you.

Old July 11th 05, 07:31 PM
Math Freak

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:03:57 GMT, Morituri-|-Max wrote:

"Math Freak" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:43:11 GMT, Morituri-|-Max wrote:

"Greg Crinklaw" wrote in message
A people raised on cartoons. How "fantastic".

I'm sorry, I think you meant to post to
alt.im.so.much.smarter.than.everyone.else or alt.i.have.no.wonder

Or perhaps, alt.id.rather.be.raised.on.cliches

Again I feel a woman there. Hoohh! Just what's your
gender? At least share with us in this forum that much.

If you can't figure it out from my name, then there really isn't much hope
you'll ever believe whatever I tell you.

Not when it looks like a mis-hap in copy and paste.
Which is first which is last, and Max could be Maxine
or Maximillian or ...

--

"yeki be na'l mizad yeki be mikh."
Old July 11th 05, 08:30 PM
Morituri-|-Max

"Math Freak" wrote in message

Not when it looks like a mis-hap in copy and paste.
Which is first which is last, and Max could be Maxine
or Maximillian or ...

And yet, amazingly, it isn't Maxine or Maximillian... wow imagine that..

'Course Math Freak is much more ambiguous than mine.. maybe that's why you
are confused.. are you in actuality a giant 3-foot tall caffiene addicted
Plus Sign from some alien planet?

Old July 12th 05, 05:33 AM
Math Freak

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:30:26 GMT, Morituri-|-Max wrote:

"Math Freak" wrote in message

Not when it looks like a mis-hap in copy and paste.
Which is first which is last, and Max could be Maxine
or Maximillian or ...

And yet, amazingly, it isn't Maxine or Maximillian... wow imagine that..

'Course Math Freak is much more ambiguous than mine.. maybe that's why you
are confused.. are you in actuality a giant 3-foot tall caffiene addicted
Plus Sign from some alien planet?

See it is this kind of talk that messes up your gender
in my mind

This kind of suspense is not good. Yuck.

--

"ta'kide bar gozashteh alAmate khAli budane hAl
ast."

- Abdolkarim Soroush
Old July 12th 05, 07:58 AM
Morituri-|-Max

"Math Freak" wrote in message
See it is this kind of talk that messes up your gender
in my mind

This kind of suspense is not good. Yuck.

It sounds like you have a personal problem I don't share.

Death Sentence for the Hubble? MrPepper11 Astronomy Misc 422 May 4th 05 03:56 PM
Death Sentence for the Hubble? MrPepper11 Policy 437 May 4th 05 03:56 PM
Cassini Update - December 28, 2004 [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 December 31st 04 12:58 AM
Early CEV Mission Blurrt Policy 76 February 5th 04 04:45 PM
NASA: Gases Breached Wing of Shuttle Atlantis in 2000 Rusty Barton Space Shuttle 2 July 10th 03 01:27 AM