Star of Bethlehem

Old December 8th 05, 08:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Star of Bethlehem

This is posted on alt.astronomy because there is over 500 years of
astronomical research regarding the Star of Bethlehem (Kepler, etc.).
Additionally, during the Christmas Season, planetariums all over the
world host a Christmas Show featuring the many theories regarding The
Christmas Star.

The Star of Bethlehem - appearing on March 2nd 5 BC

Background information and links to actual ancient star charts:

Any celestial event that is assigned a 'meaning' (beyond physics) is
within the realm of ancient astrology.

Astronomy is 'observation' and astrology is 'interpretation'. So the
appearance of a 'star' indicating a 'birth' is, in fact, an
astrological context (interpreting astronomical events).

At the time of the birth of Christ, astrology and astronomy were the
same 'science'. In fact, the only reason that celestial events and
objects were studied was to try to ascertain what 'meaning' was to be
derived from the observed phenomena.

To date, all of the astronomical theories and possibilities for
possible Star of Bethlehem candidates have been thoroughly
investigated. All of the astronomical theories are rather mundane,
however, all astronomical commentators have done a superb investigatory
job probing the window of time (7 BC to 4 BC) and coming up with
possible 'Star of Bethlehem' theories.

Christ, according to the New Testament, was born before King Herod
died. Herod's death is a matter of historical account and it occurred
in April of 4 BC ( 3 B.C.E. because of no year "0" ). A lunar eclipse
marked the passing of Herod (April 13th 4 BC).

NO ONE but the Magi 'saw' the star.

The star that 'stops' (over a house) is the sun at a solstice point
(solstice means 'sun stationary') and a 'house' is a component of an
ancient (and contemporary) astrological chart.

The 'house' of (containing) the mother is the astrological 4th house
which begins at the time of the summer solstice.

The Old Testament states that the Messiah/King will be born in
Bethlehem (Hebrew for 'house of bread'). 'Bread', in astrology, is
related to the astrological sign of Virgo (The Virgin).

There is further writing in the Old Testament about a 'star' (asterism,
which is also plural and meaning a 'collection of' or 'constellation')
linked to the birth of the Messiah/King.

It was from these prophesies that the Persian Magi became aware of the
birth of a Messiah / King. The only remaining issue is 'what star'?

The Persian Magi were highly advanced astronomer/astrologers. By
'highly advanced' I mean being possessed of the knowledge of the entire
solar system as it is encoded in mathematic symbols in the construction
of The Great Pyramid at Giza (2800 BC).
See, http://www.templeofsolomon.org/Pyram..._symbolism.htm for a
virtual mind boggling overview of The Great Pyramid.

With that said, it seems that the Star of Bethlehem was an astrological
event witnessed ONLY by the highly advance Persian Magi.

The 'Star' is revealed in an ancient astrological chart and created by
the astrological (geometric) associations (planetary aspects) of moving
bodies in our solar system.

The star chart can be viewed he
http://www.templeofsolomon.org/pageone.htg/pageone.htm

A comparison of astronomical charts and astrological charts for the
2nd of March 5 BC can be seen he
http://www.templeofsolomon.org/StarofBethlehem-star.htm

The astrological charts have been prepared by employing the same
methods that were used by ancient astrologers at the time of the birth
of Christ. The configuration revealed in the star charts occurs only
once in over 40,000,000 years!

The Season's Best to One and All,
John Charles Webb, Jr.

Old December 8th 05, 08:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Star of Bethlehem (link correction)

LInk Correction:

wrote: (snipped)

The Persian Magi were highly advanced astronomer/astrologers. By
'highly advanced' I mean being possessed of the knowledge of the entire
solar system as it is encoded in mathematic symbols in the construction
of The Great Pyramid at Giza (2800 BC).
See,
http://www.templeofsolomon.org/Pyram..._symbolism.htm for a
virtual mind boggling overview of The Great Pyramid.

link correction for above error - the correct link is

http://www.templeofsolomon.org/Pyram..._symbolism.htm

Old December 8th 05, 11:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy

You where blown away on Sci.Astro.Am, so now you come here to peddle your
BS.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 9th 05, 05:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Starlord schrieb:

You where blown away on Sci.Astro.Am, so now you come here to peddle your
BS.

Dennis Bishop here!

Why does jerks like you ), who incorrectly think
that you are anonymous, screw up a public newsgroup? I think that you
and I may need to have a face to face talk!
You think that half of a millennium of astronomical research about the
star of bethlehem is not relevant to alt.astronomy? It is loser scum
like you that gives us astronomers a bad name.
See, I am easy to find (below). I sure would not want to be so exposed
to so many people to whom I have shown my uneducated arrogance.
Are you imitating your father?
\
Time for you to take a powder, punk.

FAAC - Ford Amateur Astronomy Club
.... Copyright (c) 1996 Slc.Dennis Bishop All rights reserved ... OK, by
popular request, here is a glossary of common astronomy terms
encountered in amateur astronomy ...
http://www.boonhill.net/faac/other/telfaq2.html - 96%
Result found by: CompuServe, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Netscape
Netcenter, AltaVista, HotBot, Yahoo!, MSN Web Search, AOL Search,
Lycos, Teoma
ARL Directory of Electronic Journals and Newsletters - H
.... Jordan Singer Hawaii Astronomy Online Newsletter* note: Access to
this tile is by email: message: Subscribe
Hawaii_Astronomy contact: Dennis Bishop Hazardous Substances & ...
http://www.arl.org/scomm/edir/6th/h.html - 95%
Result found by: AltaVista, WiseNut, FAST Search (alltheweb.com),
HotBot, Yahoo!, Lycos, CompuServe, Teoma, Netscape Netcenter, AOL
Astronomy Today: Telescope Buyers' FAQ
Telescopes FAQ Last Updated: 9912.06 Copyright (c) 1999 Slc.Dennis
Bishop All rights reserved. ... Are Some Good Introductions To Amateur
http://www.astronomytoday.com/astronomy/tbfaq.html - 94%
Result found by: HotBot, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Lycos, AltaVista,
MSN Web Search, Teoma, WiseNut, Yahoo!
Hawaii Astronomy Online Newsletter
To get Access: email: message: Subscribe
Hawaii_Astronomy Contact: Dennis Bishop Email:

http://gort.ucsd.edu/newjour/h/msg02500.html - 94%
Result found by: CompuServe, HotBot, Netscape Netcenter, Lycos, Teoma,
AltaVista, AOL Search, Yahoo!
Links for Further Exploration: Astronomy 161
.... later updated by Dennis Bishop and many others). ... And a portrait
of the good bishop while we're at it, courtesy of the Armagh
Obesrvatory: ...
http://www-astronomy.mps.ohio-state..../hotlinks.html -
93%
Result found by: CompuServe, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Netscape
Netcenter, AltaVista, AOL Search, Yahoo!, WiseNut
http://www.newxspotters.bizland.com/.../wxastrob1.htm
.... by T.A.C. "Purchasing Telescope FAQ" by Dennis Bishop "Heretics
Guide to Buying a Telescope" by Michael Edelman "The REAL Scoop on
Binoculars" Superb article by Alan Adler "All about Finderscopes" by
Dave ...
http://www.newxspotters.bizland.com/.../wxastrob1.htm - 92%
Result found by: CompuServe, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Netscape
Netcenter, AltaVista, MSN Web Search, Yahoo!
Links to Other Astronomy Sites
Michael Covington's Links to Other Astronomy Sites Clear Sky Clock for
Athens, Georgia Click on ... Telescope Buyer's FAQ maintained by Dennis
Bishop, for quick answers to lots of questions. ...
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/astro/links.html - 92%
Result found by: CompuServe, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Netscape
Netcenter, AltaVista, MSN Web Search, WiseNut, HotBot, Yahoo!, Lycos,
Teoma
NCTU.Club.Astronomy's FAQ Page
.... To impart information about the latest astronomy and space news
(See Dennis Bishop's posts of the "Sky & Telescope ... Also posted
regularly to the group by Mr. Bishop ...
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/bbstuff/NCTUFAQ.html - 92%
Result found by: HotBot, FAST Search (alltheweb.com), Lycos, AltaVista,
Teoma, Yahoo!
sci.astro.amateur FAQ Info
.... References Buying Guide I Buying Guide II The Astronomy Nexus
Information on sci.astro.amateur FAQ Ok ... ... to the group. The
current maintainer is Dennis Bishop. I (David Nash) have exercised some
http://www.astronexus.com/saafaq/faq-info.php - 92%
Result found by: FAST Search (alltheweb.com), AltaVista, WiseNut, AOL
Search, CompuServe, Yahoo!, MSN Web Search, Netscape Netcenter
Telescope Buyers FAQ
.... Updated: 06-29-02 Copyright (c) 2002 Slc.Dennis Bishop All rights
reserved. This FAQ is under ... ... 4. What Are Some Good Introductions
To Amateur Astronomy? 5. What Will I Be Able To See? 6. Buying A ...
http://www.maa.mhn.de/FAQ/buy_telescopes.html - 92%
Result found by: AltaVista, WiseNut, FAST Search (alltheweb.com),
Yahoo!, CompuServe, Netscape Netcenter, AOL Search, HotBot, Lycos,
Teoma
"Starry Starry Night...." - A few Words about Student Work...

Astronomy Magazine ... How to buy a telescope - frequently asked
questions - by Dennis Bishop and Bob Martino. Rigid mounting....
http://www.amtsgym-sdbg.dk/as/pos-2002 - 91%
Result found by: HotBot, Lycos, AltaVista, Teoma, WiseNut, FAST Search
(alltheweb.com), CompuServe, Yahoo!, MSN Web Search, Netscape
Netcenter, AOL Search
ATM [Astronomy-net] Astronomy Net List Check In
To: (ATM list) Subject: ATM [Astronomy-net] Astronomy
Net List Check In From:
(Slc.Dennis Bishop
http://astro.umsystem.edu/atm/ARCHIV.../msg00835.html - 91%
Result found by: CompuServe, HotBot, Netscape Netcenter, Lycos, Teoma,
AOL Search

Old December 9th 05, 06:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy

There was NO star then, as was pointed out on S.A.A. by many users far
better that you. At lest I don't go around making up fake address, my
address is good and it's a good spam blocker. You I'll just kill file, let
you join the other dipsticks that are in it.

Oh BTW, you couldn't hold a match stick next to me, that is unless you've
spent your time in a little HELL known as Vietnam.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net