ASTRO: NGC7606 From Colorado Springs

Old November 26th 06, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: NGC7606 From Colorado Springs

I have been waiting for a shot at this nice spiral for a long time. It is
in the sky when I have the worst conditions and it is a bit low too.
Tonight, the sky was clear and fairly steady so I got some good data before
the galaxy sank below Cheyenne Mountain.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc7606.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc7606_gs_66.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	163
Old November 26th 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Now that's an interesting galaxy. Don't recall ever looking at that
one. Your shot shows more detail than the POSSII plates.

I'm a lot farther north than you but should be able to get it. Much
below -15 degrees my seeing goes to pot. Odd as I'm looking over the
water and I'd think that would stabilize things but doesn't seem to.
Shots to the east (only direction without water near by seem to show the
best seeing so I try to shoot that way unless the moon is over there.

Old November 26th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Phantastic detail in this galaxy. One of my favourite pictures of recent
times. I habe imaged this galaxy under good skies a few years ago but got
nowhere the detail of this picture.

Stefan

Old November 27th 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Jon Christensen

Nice, Doug. Looks like it might be a close relative of NGC 5985. (cousins,
maybe?)

Jon Christensen

Old November 29th 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote

Great image Doug! You have a great set-up and excellent seeing!

Looks like this galaxy has a short bar (like the Milky Way)??

George N

Old November 30th 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that's a really nice image of a nice looking galaxy Doug

I missed this when it was first posted somehow