YALB (Yet Another Liberal Brainfart)

Old June 18th 17, 04:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default YALB (Yet Another Liberal Brainfart)

So you're thinking of going electric?
In addition to the analysis below, we are subsidizing each
electric vehicle sold through our tax dollars. Many electric
utilities are attempting to including the cost of building
charging stations into their rate structure so we pay for
building the stations. We should ask every owner of an
electric/hybrid vehicle “How many days this year do I get
to drive your car since I paid for part of it?”
THIS IS VERY, VERY INTERESTING.
Still want an electric vehicle ????

If you want to argue with a “green” person over cars
that are eco-friendly, just read the below:

Note: However, if you ARE the green person, read it anyway.

Enlightening:
Eric test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General
Motors...and he writes... For four days in a row, the fully
charged battery lasted only 25 miles before the Volt
switched to the reserve gasoline engine. Eric calculated
the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the
battery. So, the range including the 9 gallon gas tank
and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles.
It will take you 4 1/2 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph.
Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a
total trip time of 14.5 hours. In a typical road trip your
average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph.

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds 16
kwh of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a
drained battery. The cost for the electricity to charge
the Volt is never mentioned so I looked up what I pay
for electricity. I pay approximately (it varies with
amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh.
16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery.

$18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles = $0.74 per mile
to operate the Volt using the battery. Compare this to a
similar size car with a gasoline engine that gets only 32
mpg. $3.19 per gallon divided by 32 mpg = $0.10 per mile.
The gasoline powered car costs about $15,000 while the
Volt costs $46,000........So the American Government wants
proud and loyal Americans not to do the math, but simply
pay 3 times as much for a car, that costs more than 7
times as much to run, and takes 3 times longer to drive
across the country.....

Still confused as to why Trump won?