Test your skill

Old June 26th 07, 10:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Rich[_3_]

Default Test your skill

Can anyone say what part of the sky and what stars are in the picture?
at:

http://k53.pbase.com/u35/polakis/upl...moonlight4.jpg

Just curious that's all. Thanks.

Old June 26th 07, 10:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:01:33 +0100, "Rich" wrote:

Can anyone say what part of the sky and what stars are in the picture?
at:

http://k53.pbase.com/u35/polakis/upl...moonlight4.jpg

Just curious that's all. Thanks.

you're looking towards Cassiopeia and Andromeda. M31 is visible in
that shot too.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old June 27th 07, 12:13 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Rich[_3_]

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:01:33 +0100, "Rich" wrote:

Can anyone say what part of the sky and what stars are in the picture?
at:

http://k53.pbase.com/u35/polakis/upl...moonlight4.jpg

Just curious that's all. Thanks.

you're looking towards Cassiopeia and Andromeda. M31 is visible in
that shot too.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Thanks. The star extreme right middle is Aldeberan.

I would say that the brightest object, middle left near the top is a
planet.

I don't think there is a bright star in that region according to my map.

Old June 28th 07, 10:31 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:13:07 +0100, "Rich" wrote:

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:01:33 +0100, "Rich" wrote:

Can anyone say what part of the sky and what stars are in the picture?
at:

http://k53.pbase.com/u35/polakis/upl...moonlight4.jpg

Just curious that's all. Thanks.

you're looking towards Cassiopeia and Andromeda. M31 is visible in
that shot too.
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Thanks. The star extreme right middle is Aldeberan.

I don't want to sound negative but no, it's not. The star extreme
right middle is Alderamin (alpha Cephei)

I would say that the brightest object, middle left near the top is a
planet.

That's Almach (gamma Andromedae).

I don't think there is a bright star in that region according to my map.

Almach ;-)

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk