Global Warming Climate Models Have Made a Successful Prediction

Old September 7th 16, 01:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Global Warming Climate Models Have Made a Successful Prediction

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:02:06 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 14:51:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Religion - Christianity - Mormon. No, not a tautology.

Religion - FSM. Same logic.

Joke - FSM. Logic.

Joke - Theism. Same logic.

Joke - Atheism. Logic.

I've never said people can't teach religion to their children.

Oh, but you have, peterson, you want it to be illegal to do so.

I look forward to the day when it is seen as immoral and illegal. I
don't deny anybody the right to teach their children about religion.

One can assume that you would vote for candidates who make teaching religion illegal.

It does affect me, though, so I'm no more likely to
ignore it than I am to ignore people who are Nazis or KKK members.

Are the Mormons doing something to offend you, peterson? If they show up at your house just shoo them away, just like you would a bear.

They are irrational. Irrational members of my society who can vote and
participate in public policy decisions. That does not offend me. But
it is a harm that needs attention.

What, because they don't vote the way you want? What sort of "attention" do you wish to give them?

I look at any social groups that don't vote the way I want as
potentially dangerous, and worth keeping an eye one.

What sort of "eye" are you going to keep on them?

You should be worried instead about Democrat bat****tery. They seek to expand and abuse the power of a centralized government. Oh, wait, you LIKE totalitarianism.

I do support a centralized government. It helps keep us all free.

ROTFLMAO!! Just like in USSR, China, North Korea, Nazi Germany... ---sarcasm

England, Germany, France, Scandinavia... all arguably freer than the
U.S.

Unarguably not.

Old September 7th 16, 01:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:48:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:02:06 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:

England, Germany, France, Scandinavia... all arguably freer than the
U.S.

Unarguably not.

Here is yet another of your favorite responses, right back atcha...

"Assertion without evidence"

Will you never learn?
Old September 7th 16, 01:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:04:26 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 1:50:34 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 4:36:58 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:

It is also increasingly clear from an anthropological standpoint that
we've outgrown the need for religion, and it is currently harming our
society and putting our very existence at risk.

Assertion (opinion) made without proof or evidence.

The very definition of the word 'opinion' makes it clear that it is a
judgement not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

peterson knows not the difference between an opinion and a fact, and neither do you.

By thee way, the word 'assertion' does not appear in any synonym list for the word 'opinion' that I can find, so you assertion that an 'assertion' means 'opinion' is probably... wait for it... incorrect (your own favorite word).

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ASSERTION

Look at the fifth synonym under the first definition.

This is just too easy... having a battle of wits with an unarmed person...

I really shouldn't be taking advantage of your stupidity like this.

By THE way, it's "the" not "thee."
Old September 7th 16, 03:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:22:54 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 17:14:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 7:44:43 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 1:22:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Why are you afraid of Mormons, peterson?

Now THAT is a GREAT example of a straw man argument... it's perfect!

peterson had expressed concern about the existence of Mormons earlier in this thread.

No, I didn't. You presumed I had some strange fear of Mormons.

You later wrote, WRT Mormons:

"I look at any social groups that don't vote the way I want as
potentially dangerous, and worth keeping an eye one. Don't you? If
not, you're a fool."

Obviously, you must fear them.

I only brought them up as an example of a recently invented, bat**** crazy
religion

In your opinion.

for comparison with the recently invented bat**** crazy FSM church,

It ISN'T a religion or a church, it is a satire, a parody.

asking in what way they were different, why one somehow got to
be a legitimate religion and not the other.

Again, Mormonism is a version of Christianity, FSM is a satire.

A question you were unable
to provide much of an answer to.

I already have provided a fine answer:

"Yes, that is the issue. Most people are not Mormons, so your comments are irrelevant to the discussion. Any superficial similarity to the FSM is irrelevant. Furthermore, Mormonism is a version of Christianity, not created out of thin air like the FSM."

Old September 7th 16, 04:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:31:22 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:14:57 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 7:44:43 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 1:22:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Why are you afraid of Mormons, peterson?

Now THAT is a GREAT example of a straw man argument... it's perfect!

peterson had expressed concern about the existence of Mormons earlier in this thread.

Bull****. Chris Peterson never said he was afraid of Mormons, you made that up.

I didn't make anything up, s***head.

I asked peterson why he was afraid of Mormons. He considers them dangerous and wants to "keep on eye on them."

Deal with it. Man up and apologize for lying.

No lying here, but you lied and then called me a liar. Remember that?
Old September 7th 16, 04:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:03:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:31:22 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:14:57 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 7:44:43 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 1:22:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Why are you afraid of Mormons, peterson?

Now THAT is a GREAT example of a straw man argument... it's perfect!

peterson had expressed concern about the existence of Mormons earlier in this thread.

Bull****. Chris Peterson never said he was afraid of Mormons, you made that up.

I didn't make anything up, s***head.

Sure you did. Chris never said what you claimed, ergo, you lied.

I asked peterson why he was afraid of Mormons. He considers them dangerous and wants to "keep on eye on them."

"Keep an eye on them" is not the same as "afraid of them", bozo.

Deal with it. Man up and apologize for lying.

No lying here, but you lied and then called me a liar. Remember that?

You lied here, as plain as the nose on your face.

I apologized once for calling you a liar, and you refused to accept, crybaby.

Want some cheese with that whine, asshole?

Old September 7th 16, 05:26 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 11:42:18 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:03:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:31:22 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:14:57 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 7:44:43 PM UTC-4, palsing wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 1:22:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Why are you afraid of Mormons, peterson?

Now THAT is a GREAT example of a straw man argument... it's perfect!

peterson had expressed concern about the existence of Mormons earlier in this thread.

Bull****. Chris Peterson never said he was afraid of Mormons, you made that up.

I didn't make anything up, s***head.

Sure you did. Chris never said what you claimed, ergo, you lied.

I asked:

"Why are you afraid of Mormons, peterson?"

peterson responded:

"While all Christians are irrational, and therefore dangerous to
society, Mormons are especially so, given the ease which so many of
their beliefs are demonstrated factually wrong. Even more than most
Christian beliefs. Only a fool would not keep a close eye on such
bat****tery."

Note that he answered the question. Note also that he did not deny being afraid. Indeed, his words convey fear and concern.

Old September 7th 16, 05:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 17:53:41 -0700 (PDT), palsing
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 5:48:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 8:02:06 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:

England, Germany, France, Scandinavia... all arguably freer than the
U.S.

Unarguably not.

Here is yet another of your favorite responses, right back atcha...

"Assertion without evidence"

Will you never learn?

He will not. And he does not understand the fundamental intellectual
difference between claiming something is arguable and claiming it is
unarguable. Of course, the word does actually work for him, given that
he has no arguments for any of his positions.