astro-fiction for 7-year old

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13th 05, 11:18 PM

Default astro-fiction for 7-year old

Hi,

My 7-year-old is a reading fiend--and just got her first scope (6" Dob)
for Christmas. Now to combine the two.

Is there such a thing as good fiction (Hardy Boys reading level or
higher) that would relate to the stars that she is observing in an
interesting way--sort of star-gazing fiction? Or stories about
exploring those stars? Or...?

(I've been stargazing for a year and so have all the usual begining
books--"Turn Left," etc. So I'm just after fiction here...)

This question was promoted when I found an old paperback copy of
"Contact." I flipped through it to see if the "sex" scenes from the
film were in the book--didn't find the sex scenes but did see a lot
about the Cold War, of course. Didn't seem to be the right thing to
give her...

Thanks,

--Darin