ASTRO: CED214/NGC7822/SH2-170/LBN576 in s2.ha.o3

Old August 22nd 10, 01:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: CED214/NGC7822/SH2-170/LBN576 in s2.ha.o3

this is a total of 22 hours of sulfur, hydrogen and oxygen taken using a pentax 6x7 format 300mm EDIF lens on a Proline 39000M

I had three hours of hydrogen alpha, 6 hours of sulfur and 13 hours of oxygen

mostly it was shot unattended

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ced...2hao3_page.htm

notice the smattering of PNe throughout the image with one very promient one in the upper right corner. the multispectral emission line method really brings them into prominence via color contrast. They usually look like little blue fuzz balls: definitely non-stellar

at the bottom is a little-imaged SNR, LBN 576

I am sort of planning to shoot more data but after getting my first night's sulfur data, I couldn't resist the urge to take a peek at what it looks like after only 6 hours of sulfur

hope you like it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ced214_p300ed_f4_pl39km_ha_11x15min_svga.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	3093
Old August 22nd 10, 01:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Correction: correct photo linked! CED214/NGC7822/SH2-170/LBN576 in s2.ha.o3

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message m...
[...]

Name:	ced214_p300ed_f4_pl39km_s2hao3_22hrs_svga.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	3094

Old August 22nd 10, 12:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Mighty image Richard, I especially like the "extra" of LBN576/Abell85 at the
bottom of the image. Actually it was quite popular for some time, even did a
version myself...

Stefan
m...

Old August 22nd 10, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Interesting - always enjoy your images