.jpg conversion

Old July 21st 03, 10:04 PM
Chris L Peterson

Default .jpg conversion

On 21 Jul 2003 20:55:01 GMT, "Brian Sturges"
wrote:

Hi all, I'd like to process images from my new Nikon Coolpix using AIP4WIN.
Does anyone know where I can find a utility that will just convert an image
from .jpg to .fts (or .fits)? I've been doing a search and haven't come up
with anything. Thanks

You can do this in Photoshop and in Picture Window. AIP can also import JPEG
files directly, so you don't really need another application.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old July 21st 03, 11:00 PM
Chris L Peterson

On 21 Jul 2003 21:25:50 GMT, "Brian Sturges"
wrote:

Thanks Chris, I'll give it another try with AIP's Universal Loader.

Nope, not that. Use the import function under File and you can bring in the JPEG
directly.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old August 2nd 03, 10:49 PM
JANEATHOME101162

you cannot convert from jpeg to fits, but if
you have the right software you can convert
from fits to jpeg/bmp ext, fits is a special format which is produced from ccd
camera's, example
starlight express HX516, which i use.
Regards Roy.