The Tides

Old February 23rd 13, 09:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The Tides

On Feb 23, 8:24*pm, Mike Collins wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
On Feb 23, 1:42 am, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:51:03 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
You poor soul interpreted the orbital

turning of Uranus to the central Sun *as a changing perspective due to

the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will

continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a
big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.

In an era of mediocrity,at least in the area of astronomy and
terrestrial sciences,men become comfortable with lies in order to
survive *for their own ends rather than thrive and add to human
understanding of their surroundings.The spirited individual has no
comfort zone nor requires one as the natural landscape of creativity
and productivity is one of transient information moving across
disciplines,something opening up glimpses of possibilities and at
other times obliterating falsehoods and distortions.

How much information does one simple series of images reveal across so
many disciplines,anything from a climate spectrum to cyclical tides to
the modification of axial precession -

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/...gs_changes.jpg

The unmoderated Usenet looks like the most hostile environment for
creativity yet more gets accomplished here than the sum *total of all
research institutions and organizations that deal with astronomy/
terrestrial sciences.The principles behind the mechanism which links
the spherical deviation of the planet with plate tectonics was
developed here using the 100% observational certainty that all exposed
viscous compositions display differential rotation and when applied to
the Earth's interior it surfaces on the crust as clues and effects.The
distant hills of geomagnetic signatures arise from the same source and
all of this was done 6 years ago here when nobody would discuss it -
the wider community tried to play catch up and created a pathetic
Frankenstein's monster version of loosely cobbled together assertions.

I am comfortable with the technological advances of this era and
especially astronomical imaging to carry a point,a simple stretch of
the imagination would apply the same orbital action to the Earth as
readers see of Uranus where the polar coordinates of the Earth act
like a beacon for the orbital behavior of the planet as those
coordinate continue to turn in a circle to the central Sun -

http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/...mericas250.jpg

Unlike Galileo,I do not think the multitude are stupid,not even
you,encountering this type of astronomy is as though joining a stream
of thought and feeling yet who knows how a person enters that
stream,when they do they will perceive astronomy and its connections
to terrestrial sciences in a new light -

" I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of
the multitude. *What do you say to the leading philosophers of the
faculty here, to whom I have offered a thousand times of my own accord
to show my studies, but who with the lazy obstinacy of a serpent who
has eaten his fill have never consented to look at planets, nor moon,
nor telescope?" Galileo

Answer to the images instead of attacking me.

I wouldn't describe you as a serpent but how often do you look at the
planets and moon through a telescope.

It is such a simple maneuver - isolate the predictive convenience from
interpretative astronomy and free up the flow between cause and
effect where dynamics and terrestrial effect mesh by recognizing that
it is impossible to detach the Lat/Long system from the 24 hour AM/PM
system.

I marvel at human technological ingenuity,everything from the creation
of a 747 airplane to the creation of the internet so coming across
these hamfisted attempts to detach the Lat/Long system from the 24
hour rotational cycle is dismaying and contrary to the spirit of
endeavor as though men lacked confidence to pursue the correct
principles using correct references with huge rewards.It is no fun
being among people who can't adapt to contemporary imaging and free of
the dictates which occupied the first astronomers engaged in the
Earth's planetary dynamics,much like a surgeon pours over images and
works out a resolution for some visible condition,the astronomer can
now use planetary comparisons or analogies to address any range of
topics that currently have fallen victim to your unfortunate rotating
celestial sphere.

The edicts of your community tend towards a spiritless and pointless
existence as though a dour nature had something worthwhile to say yet
a spirited nature sees the connection between individual and Universal
and yes,especially in adversity.Try to discuss the issues instead of
trying to personalize them because the latter was always a sign of a
lack of confidence,nothing more or less.

Old February 23rd 13, 11:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

Try answering the question.
How often do you look at the Moon or planets through a telescope?
Perhaps you do have the lazy obstinacy of a serpent who has eaten his fill.
Old February 24th 13, 02:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

It is something more than a fact as life and nature responds to a
turning Earth once in 24 hours -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCsdcUwPDQ

There is nothing more personal than this as daylight turns to
darkness,the tides change,the temperatures go up and down with a 24
hour cycle in response to one rotation yet you and your community
would have it that rotations and 24 hour cycles fall out of step hence
what you do is not an attack on science but on life itself.I cannot
ask why the awful silence or what have the great discipline of
astronomy and astronomers have done to deserve something as obviously
cruel as the clockwork solar system modeled from timekeeping averages
where stellar circumpolar motion retains constant axial alignment but
not constant daily rotation for very specific technical reasons.

Why the hatred of life ?,this is what your opposition to the Lat/Long
system in tandem with the 24 hour system amounts to.

"The mental powers by diseases we bind;
But He heals the deaf, the dumb, and the blind.
Whom God has afflicted for secret ends,
He comforts and heals and calls them friends.’
But, when Jesus was crucified,
Then was perfected His galling pride.
In three nights He devour’d His prey,
And still He devours the body of clay;
For dust and clay is the Serpent’s meat,
Which never was made for Man to eat."
William Blake

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-everlasting-gospel/

Old February 24th 13, 08:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vÿCsdcUwPDQ

[...]

Just answer Gallileo's question. How often do you look at the Moon or
Old February 24th 13, 10:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

The best discoverers and innovators are those who can not only move
information around without distorting or bending the information
towards a conclusion or end, they amplify an insight towards multiple
different topics and targets insofar as they tend to light up dormant
areas of study.A simple application of differential rotation to the
Earth's viscous interior is a case in point as the uneven rotational
gradient can be directed towards the uneven spherical shape of the
Earth,plate tectonics or geomagnetic signatures whereas the old
stationary 'convection cells' were simply a means to an end with
limited range of effects.

No person is without those interpretative faculties although some have
it to a greater or lesser degree than others,while Pascal had used the
term 'intuitive',it really is a substitute for a type of spacial
awareness with its own set of rules that can be lacking in
mathematicians,not my words but his -

" The reason, therefore, that some intuitive minds are not
mathematical is that they cannot at all turn their attention to the
principles of mathematics. But the reason that mathematicians are not
intuitive is that they do not see what is before them, and that,
accustomed to the exact and plain principles of mathematics, and not
reasoning till they have well inspected and arranged their principles,
they are lost in matters of intuition where the principles do not
allow of such arrangement. They are scarcely seen; they are felt
rather than seen; there is the greatest difficulty in making them felt
by those who do not of themselves perceive them. These principles are
so fine and so numerous that a very delicate and very clear sense is
needed to perceive them, and to judge rightly and justly when they are
perceived, without for the most part being able to demonstrate them in
order as in mathematics, because the principles are not known to us in
the same way, and because it would be an endless matter to undertake
it. We must see the matter at once, at one glance, and not by a
process of reasoning, at least to a certain degree. And thus it is
rare that mathematicians are intuitive and that men of intuition are
mathematicians, because mathematicians wish to treat matters of
intuition mathematically and make themselves ridiculous, wishing to
begin with definitions and then with axioms, which is not the way to
proceed in this kind of reasoning. Not that the mind does not do so,
but it does it tacitly, naturally, and without technical rules; for
the expression of it is beyond all men, and only a few can feel it.
Intuitive minds, on the contrary, being thus accustomed to judge
at a single glance, are so astonished when they are presented with
propositions of which they understand nothing, and the way to which is
through definitions and axioms so sterile, and which they are not
accustomed to see thus in detail, that they are repelled and
disheartened. But dull minds are never either intuitive or
mathematical." Pascal Pensees

I will put it this way,you don't feel the slightest sense of
discomfort with a system you have designed where rotations fall out of
step with 24 hour AM/PM cycles and this is the mathematical mind
whereas the intuitive mind couldn't bear such a contrivance as it
disrupts the flow of information to many difference areas of
science.The mathematician seeks his end in the predictive clockwork
solar system even if it means distorting the proportion between
rotations and orbital circuits or even the equatorial speed of the
Earth and that is why Pascal gives priority to those who can maintain
a balance between cause and effect on one side and a predictive
mechanical convenience on the other.

No offence to the sputnik generation and their half commie sentiments
which turned the education system into an indoctrinating one,at least
in this specific area of astronomy/terrestrial sciences,but
contemporary imaging is too powerful and too ubiquitous to maintain
the awful pretenses for any great length of time.As the biggest user
of imaging on this forum to carry a point,I am doing no more than
exercising 21st century astronomical techniques to people forever
frozen in the late 17th century.

Old February 24th 13, 10:55 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_7_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

On Feb 24, 9:08 am, Mike Collins wrote:

Just answer Gallileo's question. How often do you look at the Moon or
planets through a telescope? Perhaps you do have the lazy obstinacy of a
serpent who has eaten his fill.

The best discoverers
Only anonymous thugs won't answer the simplest of questions.

Old February 24th 13, 02:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 24, 3:00*pm, Mike Collins wrote:

Just answer Gallileo's question. How often do you look at the Moon or
planets through a telescope? Perhaps you do have the lazy obstinacy of a
serpent who has eaten his fill.

It came as a surprise when I encountered the essay of Wallis on tides
which precedes Newton's agenda by 20 years yet contains a great deal
of information which later was attributed to Newton.The differences in
the tone of both works is that the approach of Wallis does not
constitute edicts but rather loose correlations between cause and
effect at a human/experimental level transposed to large scale motions
such as dynamical effects on the tides.

http://rstl.royalsocietypublishing.o....full.pdf+html

I am not an empiricist by virtue of a different approach to
observations which contemporary advances allow so it is not so
difficult to point out what they were trying to do in the late 17th
century and why it doesn't work.I was slightly surprised that
empiricists themselves have no interest whatsoever in Newton's
absolute/relative time,space and motion as it is set against the
original framework of the great planetary astronomers as opposed to
the early 20th century attempt which merely chopped these absolute/
relative terms to pieces and reconstructed a different story that
retained all the errors of the original.It is much like today where
the 'solar vs sidereal' junk is being jettisoned for an equally poor
construct of idealistic 24 hour rotation back in the year 1820.It is
as though the only means to escape Newton's clockwork solar system was
to create the perception of unintelligibility apart from superior
intellects when all that happened was Newton's overall agenda remained
protected behind a cloak of obfuscation and downright deceit,works
well if you can get away with it,even for a century,but ultimately it
diminishes humanity and all sciences.

The current path of empiricism serves nobody as it is heavily weighed
towards civil conveniences and apart from flinging loose assertions at
astronomy and planetary dynamics,these guys couldn't care less as
their agenda is skewed towards individual conveniences rather than the
connection between the individual and the Universal which occupies
those at a higher astronomical level.

I do look out at the moon and its orbital phases and see it change
its position over the course of time but somehow your community has
forced itself to believe the moon spins 360 degrees apart from its
monthly orbital motion of the Earth and this is repulsive by virtue
that all your other perceptions are more of the same and especially
the attempt to corrupt the connection between one rotation and one 24
hour day.

Old February 24th 13, 04:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Feb 24, 5:10*pm, Mike Collins wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
[...]

In fairness,even though Galileo could have promoted the telescope
above the discoveries of Copernicus,he chose to relegate telescopes as
tools which help make the Earth's planetary dynamics more accessible
to the wider population but even the invention of the telescope pales
in comparison to what any interested reader here can do with
contemporary tools such as sequential imaging

"SALV.But the telescope plainly shows us its horns to be as bounded
and distinct as those of the moon, and they are seen to belong to a
very large circle, in a ratio almost forty times as great as the same
disc when it is beyond the sun, toward the end of its morning
appearances. "
SAGR. Oh Nicholas Copernicus, what a pleasure it would have been for
you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an
experiment [telescope]!
SALV. Yes, but how much less would his sublime intellect be
celebrated
among the learned! "
Galileo ,Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, 1632

http://www.masil-astro-imaging.com/S...age%20flat.jpg

Seeing history come to life in such a spectacular way hardly appeals
to your community which refuses to accept the proper resolution of
retrogrades yet does not shy away from quoting Galileo.Look through
the telescope !,I am the biggest user of imaging on this forum to
carry a point and regret that graphic experts don't apply their
skills to making these images easier to comprehend.

Variation in tides n cook UK Astronomy 29 June 17th 07 05:14 PM
Article on Tides Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 14 June 24th 06 12:00 AM
Tides Starlord Misc 0 June 21st 06 06:05 PM
Spring Tides Duncan Heenan Misc 6 November 29th 05 12:53 PM
Quakes vs Tides Asimov Astronomy Misc 0 November 3rd 04 03:54 AM