All ET PAL Ramps to be removed from flight tanks

Old December 11th 05, 09:29 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

Default All ET PAL Ramps to be removed from flight tanks

We have a story from the source about the ET PAL Ramp decision and the
current road block to it.

usspacenews.com

Cheers!

Editor

Old December 11th 05, 10:41 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

Wonder what they will say when foam loss is STILL occuring

No matter they kept the workers together a bit longer.

with michod crippled by hurricane damage I wonder just how fast this
will occur?

What I read earlier is ramps would be removed concurrent with wind
tunnel tests.

If the wind tunnel data comes back bad news then what?

Underlying cause MIGHT be the lighter tank. this might end up like
putting a bandaid on a cancerous tumor. looks good but the rot is still
occuring

BIG projects die slow.....

Old December 12th 05, 12:16 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle

In article . com,
"Bob Haller" wrote:

with michod crippled by hurricane damage I wonder just how fast this
will occur?

Is that still the case? I drove bye there about 3 weeks ago,
and everything was cleaned up. I didn't see any evidence of
any damage still left from Katrina. That wasn't the case for
other businesses in the area, but NASA Michoud looked like
nothing had ever happened. It has been several months since
the storm hit.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old December 12th 05, 12:52 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle

On 11 Dec 2005 14:41:31 -0800, "Bob Haller" wrote:

Wonder what they will say when foam loss is STILL occuring

They've said before that they know why the other (relatively tiny)
bits of foam came off the 114 ET and how to fix them, but the real
bugger was the PAL Ramp. 114 showed that they already cut foam loss by
98% or so, remember.

No matter they kept the workers together a bit longer.

Irrelevant, Michoud is benchmarked as the assembly site for the Heavy
Lifter and the Stick S-II.

with michod crippled by hurricane damage I wonder just how fast this
will occur?

Michoud has been back in service for many weeks now.

"http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/110205/new_nasaplant001.shtml"

What I read earlier is ramps would be removed concurrent with wind
tunnel tests.

If the wind tunnel data comes back bad news then what?

Back to the drawing board, NASA has admitted that already. Remember,
they already have some data saying its safe to remove the PAL ramp,
they just want more, better data before signing off on it.

Underlying cause MIGHT be the lighter tank. this might end up like
putting a bandaid on a cancerous tumor. looks good but the rot is still
occuring

On the other hand, the underlying cause MIGHT be that the Tanks sat
around for 2 1/2 years longer than usual waiting to fly, or MIGHT have
been caused by Bob Haller sneaking onto Pad 39B and stabbing the PAL
Ramp with his trusty X-acto knife. Can we stop the silly theorizing
until there is more solid info, please?

BIG projects die slow.....

Bad attitudes, even more slowly.

Brian
Old December 12th 05, 01:14 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle

.Irrelevant, Michoud is benchmarked as the assembly site for the Heavy

Lifter and the Stick S-II.

Contrary to some here I think the shuttle derived is just a payoff to
suppliers, and will leave us a high cost legacy.

Can they tank the cryo fuel at michoud?

theres no hard data, it was from the design phase of the shuttle and
cant be located....

you never know, bush may still pull the plug, that review is still
going on.

Old December 12th 05, 03:40 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle

"Bob Haller" wrote in message
oups.com...

you never know, bush may still pull the plug, that review is still
going on.

You never know, he might also become a democrat tomorrow?

Old December 12th 05, 01:33 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

You never know, he might also become a democrat tomorrow?

Heck Bush has to know Iraq was a big mistake, no doubt if he could he
would go back in a time machine, and not do it.

His legacy is a failed war of his doing, and a long list of other
failures like inept hurricane response.

I am AMAZED so little is being done by bush for new orleans, after his
big promises.

lesson for everyone else..............

IF YOUR PART OF THE COUNTRY GETS DESTROYED BY NATURAL OR MAN MADE
DISASTER, KNOW THE GOVERNMENT WOULDNT HELP

AT LEAST THE BUSH GOVERNMENT!

Old December 13th 05, 08:31 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

"Bob Haller" wrote

lesson for everyone else..............

IF YOUR PART OF THE COUNTRY GETS DESTROYED BY NATURAL OR MAN MADE
DISASTER, KNOW THE GOVERNMENT WOULDNT HELP

AT LEAST THE BUSH GOVERNMENT!

lesson for all the liberals like bBo......

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ALL OF LIFE'S PROBLEMS.

Old December 13th 05, 08:42 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle

Unfortunately it is a lesson that liberals like Bob refuse to learn
despite all the evidence. Big Government answering all of mankind's
problems is like a religion to them. I guess that would make filling
out a 1040 form some sort of holy sacrement.

Heaven forbid that the people that actually lived in New Orleans should
give a fig as to whether the levee system that was supposed to keep the
ocean and the lake out of their city was properly designed or
maintained. Those are concerns for the Great and Almighty Oz (i.e. the
Federal Government) to worry about.