NASA Misses the Mark

Old December 13th 03, 04:18 AM
Stinger

Sorry, but the gold standard for incompetence in space-related topics is
Sheila Jackson Lee of Houston, Texas. Johnson Space Center is in her
district.

Congresswoman Lee rocketed to the center of national attention in 1997, when
(while a member of the House Committee on Science and Space) she asked a
NASA scientist if the Mars Pathfinder had photographed the flag that Neil
Armstrong had left behind. The flag was, of course, planted on the moon.

Here's to ya', Sheila!

-- Stinger

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:55:56 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:51:57 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
:
(Eric Chomko) made the phosphor on my monitor
: glow in such a way as to indicate that:

: : Interesting post. It looks like Rohrabacher picked up where B-1 Bob

Dornan
: : left off. Having JPL in is constituency base must make him feel

like
: : saying something about NASA no matter how unqualified he his about

saying
: : it.
:
: : And you feel like saying things about Rohrabacher regardless of how
: : ignorant you are of the location of his district.
:
: Huntington Beach? Yeah you're right, not a single person that lives in
: Orange County works at JPL. I stand corrected.

: A few people who might happen to commute fifty miles to work hardly
: constitutes a "constituency base."

I guess you make a better case for why Rohrabacher has no business taking
potshots at NASA just because of the current climate.

Rohrabacher is the chairman of the committee that oversees NASA. It's
his job.

Old December 14th 03, 04:11 AM
Eric Chomko

: Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: : On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:51:57 +0000 (UTC), in a place far, far away,
: :
[...]

Yes I recall after the 94 takeover by the Repubs that Jerry Lewis from CA
became the head of a tech committee overseeing NASA as well. He tried to
move Goddard to JPL. Can you imagine trying to shove the acres at GSFC
into JPL?

Eric

NASA Is Not Giving Up On Hubble! (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 2 May 2nd 04 01:46 PM
Early CEV Mission Blurrt Policy 76 February 5th 04 04:45 PM
Requirements / process to become a shuttle astronaut? Dan Huizenga Space Shuttle 11 November 14th 03 07:33 AM
NASA Releases Near-Earth Object Search Report Ron Baalke Misc 0 September 10th 03 04:39 PM