NASA Misses the Mark

Old December 2nd 03, 10:20 AM
JAS

Default NASA Misses the Mark

--
----
JAS

"Steve Dufour" wrote in message
m...
NASA misses the mark

By Dana Rohrabacher

As a member of the House Science Subcommittee on Space and
Aeronautics for 15 years, [ Nothing of value snipped. }

Rohrabacher is a fool.

During my last two years on active duty, I was the deputy director of an
organization in the Pentagon and I frequently escorted intelligence analysts
from our organization to provide one-on-one briefings to members of
Congress. One day I accompanied an analyst to brief Rohrabacher on a topic
on which Rohrabacher had been spreading nonsense and foolishness in his
speeches. The truth was vastly different from what Rohrabacher was saying.

When we started the briefing, he stopped the analyst and proceeded to berate
and curse at him because what the analyst was saying was not what
Rohrabacher wanted to hear. I stopped the briefing and dismissed the
analyst. I then told Rohrabacher that we were representatives of the
Secretary of Defense and we would not be treated in the demeaning manner he
was treating the analyst -- told him we would return when he was ready to
listen, and we left with him raging at me.

By the time we returned to the Pentagon, Rohrabacher had called the
Secretary's office and raised hell with his military assistance -- a general
officer. I was summoned to the general's office and was asked for my version
of events. It turned out that this was a typical Rohrabacher stunt. I
asked the general if I would be disciplined for walking out on a member of
Congress -- he laughed and said that more than likely I'd get a medal.

My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
the Southern California beaches.

Just another Republican asshole liar.

--
----
JAS

Old December 2nd 03, 08:44 PM
Tom Merkle

"JAS" wrote in message ...

My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
the Southern California beaches.

Just another Republican asshole liar.

There seems to be quite a few of them out there right now. They were
probably always hinding before but a couple years of republican
prominence has allowed them to shed their previously prinicipled
stands that kept them alive during the dem-dominated era. Truth be
told, a lot of formerly stauch republicans (including myself) are
really starting to get disgusted with the current state of the party,
but by occupying the wacko left, the dems have left us no choice but
to grit our teeth and support morons like Rohrabacher because he's
better than the alternative. (Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi) Until the
Dems get their house in order and start coming towards the middle
again, the republicans will be invincible.

Tom Merkle
Old December 8th 03, 06:32 PM
Eric Chomko

JAS ) wrote:

: "Steve Dufour" wrote in message
: m...
: NASA misses the mark
:
:
: By Dana Rohrabacher
:
:
:
:
[...]

Interesting post. It looks like Rohrabacher picked up where B-1 Bob Dornan
left off. Having JPL in is constituency base must make him feel like
saying something about NASA no matter how unqualified he his about saying
it.

If only Tom Merkle could get some of your experience he might have a
different outlook as well.

Eric

: --
: ----
: JAS

Old December 8th 03, 06:35 PM
Eric Chomko

Tom Merkle ) wrote:
: "JAS" wrote in message ...

: My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
: Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
: from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
: the Southern California beaches.
:
: Just another Republican asshole liar.

: There seems to be quite a few of them out there right now. They were
: probably always hinding before but a couple years of republican
: prominence has allowed them to shed their previously prinicipled
: stands that kept them alive during the dem-dominated era. Truth be

YUou presume they were once principled.

No ****?! I thought you would defend the GOP until your last breath?

: but by occupying the wacko left, the dems have left us no choice but
: to grit our teeth and support morons like Rohrabacher because he's
: better than the alternative. (Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi) Until the
: Dems get their house in order and start coming towards the middle
: again, the republicans will be invincible.

Heed your own comments.

Eric

: Tom Merkle
Old December 9th 03, 12:31 AM
Tom Merkle

(Eric Chomko) wrote in message ...
Tom Merkle ) wrote:
: "JAS" wrote in message ...

: My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
: Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
: from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
: the Southern California beaches.
:
: Just another Republican asshole liar.

: There seems to be quite a few of them out there right now. They were
: probably always hiding before but a couple years of republican
: prominence has allowed them to shed their previously prinicipled
: stands that kept them alive during the dem-dominated era. Truth be

YUou presume they were once principled.

You didn't score very well on the logic questions of the SAT, did you?
If I said that they shed previously 'principled stands,' that implies
that they were just that--stands designed to give the appearance of
good character, as opposed to actually acting on core principles. In
other words, I am basically saying that I was disappointed to discover
that there are as many unprincipled politicians among the Republicans
as there were among the Democrats when they were in charge. The only
difference in my mind now is the degree of profligacy. (Democrats
still take the cake fro throwing money around and wanting to raise
taxes.) Of course there are also many good, sincere people in both
parties, but they are not the people in power, and in the Democrat's
case, they tend to give in to the party without even speaking up.

Don't worry. There will be a serious house cleaning after another
disasterous November for Democrats next year.

: told, a lot of formerly stauch republicans (including myself) are
: really starting to get disgusted with the current state of the party,

No ****?! I thought you would defend the GOP until your last breath?

I'm not interested in Republicanism, it's conservatism that I want to
defend. A concept that appears to be diverging from the Republican
party line. I wish John McCain, John Edwards, Henry Ford (of
Tennessee, not Detroit), Zuell Miller and other politicians who are
willing to buck their party on the basis of conservative principle
would split to form an alternative..

Tom Merkle
Old December 9th 03, 01:47 AM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 05:20:30 -0500, "JAS"
wrote:

By Dana Rohrabacher

As a member of the House Science Subcommittee on Space and
Aeronautics for 15 years, [ Nothing of value snipped. }

My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his

Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
the Southern California beaches.

B-1 Bob Dornan is going to be running against him in the next
election. Dornan lost to a Latina Democrat (in Orange County!), so
he's been looking for a safe Republican district. I don't know why or
how he picked Rohrabacher's district, but he apparently did.

So much for the Eleventh Commandment.

Mary

Old December 9th 03, 05:48 PM
Eric Chomko

: Tom Merkle ) wrote:
: : "JAS" wrote in message ...
:
: : My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
: : Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
: : from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
: : the Southern California beaches.
: :
: : Just another Republican asshole liar.
:
: : There seems to be quite a few of them out there right now. They were
: : probably always hiding before but a couple years of republican
: : prominence has allowed them to shed their previously prinicipled
: : stands that kept them alive during the dem-dominated era. Truth be
:
: YUou presume they were once principled.

: You didn't score very well on the logic questions of the SAT, did you?

Well enough to get into the University of Maryland that posts a better
academic standard than any military academy.

: If I said that they shed previously 'principled stands,' that implies
: that they were just that--stands designed to give the appearance of
: good character, as opposed to actually acting on core principles. In

W and this administration is all about appearances. The man wasn't that
good of a govenor in Texas.

: other words, I am basically saying that I was disappointed to discover
: that there are as many unprincipled politicians among the Republicans
: as there were among the Democrats when they were in charge. The only

At least! Whenever they start acting morally superior, they are trying to
hide something.

: difference in my mind now is the degree of profligacy. (Democrats
: still take the cake fro throwing money around and wanting to raise
: taxes.) Of course there are also many good, sincere people in both
: parties, but they are not the people in power, and in the Democrat's
: case, they tend to give in to the party without even speaking up.

I dunno. 9 running for the Dem nomination, I can't see them falling all
over themselves in vast agreement.

: Don't worry. There will be a serious house cleaning after another
: disasterous November for Democrats next year.

When one party get too much power, like now with the Repubs, count on
corruption. Eventually they will get caught. They gave us the Great
Depression and Watergate, according to the calendar we are due for another
party changing scandal soon.

: : told, a lot of formerly stauch republicans (including myself) are
: : really starting to get disgusted with the current state of the party,
:
: No ****?! I thought you would defend the GOP until your last breath?

: I'm not interested in Republicanism, it's conservatism that I want to
: defend. A concept that appears to be diverging from the Republican
: party line. I wish John McCain, John Edwards, Henry Ford (of
: Tennessee, not Detroit), Zuell Miller and other politicians who are
: willing to buck their party on the basis of conservative principle
: would split to form an alternative..

Conservatism has many forms too, though. The religious right has their
idea. The fiscal conservatives have their idea. And the progunners have
their idea. Which one are you?

Eric

: Tom Merkle
Old December 9th 03, 05:53 PM
Eric Chomko

Mary Shafer ) wrote:
: On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 05:20:30 -0500, "JAS"
: wrote:

: By Dana Rohrabacher
:
:
:
:
: As a member of the House Science Subcommittee on Space and
: Aeronautics for 15 years, [ Nothing of value snipped. }
:
: My favorite aspect of Rohrabacher's charade is the big sign on his
: Congressional office wall: "Fighting for freedom and having fun!" This
: from a man who spent the Vietnam War with a student deferment, surfing on
: the Southern California beaches.

: B-1 Bob Dornan is going to be running against him in the next
: election. Dornan lost to a Latina Democrat (in Orange County!), so
: he's been looking for a safe Republican district. I don't know why or
: how he picked Rohrabacher's district, but he apparently did.

Wow, that is one to watch. Bad and worse.

Eric

: So much for the Eleventh Commandment.

: Mary

: --
: Mary Shafer Retired aerospace research engineer
:

NASA Is Not Giving Up On Hubble! (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 2 May 2nd 04 01:46 PM
Early CEV Mission Blurrt Policy 76 February 5th 04 04:45 PM
Requirements / process to become a shuttle astronaut? Dan Huizenga Space Shuttle 11 November 14th 03 07:33 AM
NASA Releases Near-Earth Object Search Report Ron Baalke Misc 0 September 10th 03 04:39 PM