Earth-Mars Close Encounter

Old August 4th 03, 02:29 PM
Pasquale Tricarico

Default Earth-Mars Close Encounter

Hi,

I've created a small animation representing this close encounter. It
is available he

http://orsa.sourceforge.net/atwork.html

Hope you like it! Feedback will be appreciated.

--Pasquale
Old August 4th 03, 04:29 PM
Matthew F Funke

Pasquale Tricarico wrote:
I've created a small animation representing this close encounter. It
is available he

http://orsa.sourceforge.net/atwork.html

Quick question: Were the screenshots done on a Sun? I couldn't find
much on the website itself about the OS...
--
-- With Best Regards,
Matthew Funke )
Old August 4th 03, 05:55 PM
Brian Tilley

Phil Wheeler wrote in message ...
Pasquale Tricarico wrote:
Hi,

I've created a small animation representing this close encounter. It
is available he

http://orsa.sourceforge.net/atwork.html

Hope you like it! Feedback will be appreciated.

Very nice. A (ficitonal!) telescope on Mercury would have a nice view g

Phil

I like it.

My only suggestion would be that you slow it down a bit. I found it a
little akward to constantly play/pause to compare the location of
Mercury and Mars on different dates
Old August 4th 03, 10:06 PM
Pasquale Tricarico

(Matthew F Funke) wrote in message ...
Pasquale Tricarico wrote:
I've created a small animation representing this close encounter. It
is available he

http://orsa.sourceforge.net/atwork.html

Quick question: Were the screenshots done on a Sun? I couldn't find
much on the website itself about the OS...

The screenshots of each frame were automatically created by xorsa,
and after composed as an animated GIF using gifsicle
(http://www.lcdf.org/~eddietwo/gifsicle/) or used to create the mpeg
movie with the Berkeley mpeg_encode tool. The whole process on a
i686/Debian/Linux box.

--Pasquale