Dem bones, Dem bones, Dem petrified bones

Old August 2nd 03, 03:50 PM
Ed Conrad

Default Dem bones, Dem bones, Dem petrified bones

(Shenandoah, Pa., Evening Herald)
(August 1911 - verbatim)

~~~
@@
\/

FOSSILS FOUND IN
MINE WORKINGS

A remarkable specimen of the "carboniferous era"
has just been unearthed at a depth of fifteeen hundred
feet in the underground workings of the Ellengowan
colliery of the Philadelphia and Reading Coal and Iron
Company.

The specimen is very beautiful and is highly prized
by Inside Foreman Gwillym Jones who retained it
as a curio.

Miners at the face of one of the breasts discovered
a large piece of slate with impressions of leaves and
ferns deeply imbedded therein.

The surface covered by these markings was five feet
in length and of nearly the same width.

After considerable labor, in which care was taken that
the piece might be take out in its entirety, the workmen
succeeded in their task.

Several small pieces only were broken from the formation
which was presented to those who took the slate from its
natural bed.

Quite a number of curios have already been taken from
these workings. Several years ago a bunch of grapes,
almost perfectly formed, was taken from this colliery.
A trunk of a tree and a portion of a petrified snake were
also found.

One of the most interesting finds was that in which was
perfectly formed the outlines of a human leg and, judging
from the size, the owner of the member must have been
a giant in stature.

A number of these finds are on exhibition at the offices
of Division Superintendent McDonald and Inside Foreman
Jones. They are objects of much curiosity.

Hmmm! Wonder if there's any connection to these found
in recent years in generally the same location:

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Smith/z11calv.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z8femur.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z5gall.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/newtibia.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/skullb.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z9lung.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/brain/MVC-001S.JPG

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix5/MVC-002S.JPG

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/1tooth.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix3/z3dino.jpg

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/MVC-013S.JPG

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Bones/MVC-006S.JPG

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Day/MVC-005S.JPG

http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Scorpion/MVC-010S.JPG

Ed Conrad
http://www. edconrad.com

Man as Old as Coal
Old August 3rd 03, 01:02 PM
Melanie Boxall

"Pretty much" won't cut it. I've explored your website and I don't find that
your theories hold up.

--

Melanie

Plan spontaneously.
"Ed Conrad" wrote in message
Hi! Excitement!

My name is Ed Conrad, and I have a theory.

My theory is that all coal was formed at the
same moment in history, therefor everything
found along with it was made at the same time.

I can pretty much prove everything was created
at the same time, using my genius theory!

Wheeee!

Old August 3rd 03, 06:17 PM
N'vok

Ed, this post is very much OT for sci.astro. cut it out, kook.
Old August 4th 03, 09:35 PM
John Baker

"N'vok" wrote in message
om...
Ed, this post is very much OT for sci.astro. cut it out, kook.

Other than alt.usenet.kooks, where would Ed be on topic? :-)