Boy, if you think the trolls are bad around here...

Old August 21st 08, 05:51 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

Default Boy, if you think the trolls are bad around here...

....The idiots on rec.arts.drwho make ElfNazi and Guthball look like
beginners. Hard to believe one of the oldest rec groups has gone that
straight into hell that badly :-(

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old August 21st 08, 12:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"OM" wrote in message
...The idiots on rec.arts.drwho make ElfNazi and Guthball look like
beginners. Hard to believe one of the oldest rec groups has gone that
straight into hell that badly :-(

I dunno... the Dalek porn's pretty good ;-)

Old August 21st 08, 02:16 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"OM" wrote in message
...The idiots on rec.arts.drwho make ElfNazi and Guthball look like
beginners. Hard to believe one of the oldest rec groups has gone that
straight into hell that badly :-(

Yea well rec.toys.lego used to be one of the best, nicest newsgroups around.
Aside from the slow trickle of newbies (who I redirect to modern Lego fan
websites), it's occupied by one troll. This troll whines endlessly about
Bricklink (a Lego fan website for parts/set stores) because they banned him
for being a troll. In real life, he's a stock boy for Wal-Mart with
delusions of grandeur which make him think he's some sort of warrior who's
job it is to flame everyone on Usenet/Internet.

Usenet is dying. I spend much of my time on the forums at
NASASpaceflight.com. Fewer trolls there.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.
A wise person avoids it. -- Einstein

Old August 21st 08, 04:03 PM posted to sci.space.history
eyeball

On Aug 21, 7:45*am, "Alan Erskine" wrote:
"OM" wrote in message

...The idiots on rec.arts.drwho make ElfNazi and Guthball look like
beginners. Hard to believe one of the oldest rec groups has gone that
straight into hell that badly :-(

I dunno... the Dalek porn's pretty good ;-)

Until you realize it's guthball in drag :-o
Old August 21st 08, 04:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

"Jeff Findley" wrote in
:

Usenet is dying. I spend much of my time on the forums at
NASASpaceflight.com. Fewer trolls there.

It's moderated, of course.

Old August 27th 08, 05:17 AM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Damon Hill writes:

"Jeff Findley" wrote in
:

Usenet is dying. I spend much of my time on the forums at
NASASpaceflight.com. Fewer trolls there.

It's moderated, of course.

Exactly. The problem with being on the Kremlin Wall, is that it
can only ever be so wide...

;-)

Dave
Old August 27th 08, 07:33 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:17:15 -0400, David Spain
wrote:

Exactly. The problem with being on the Kremlin Wall, is that it
can only ever be so wide...

....The problem isn't just width, it's height. The truly impenetrable
wall must be so high you can't get over it, so low you can't get under
it, and so wide you can't get around it, and so strong you can't get
through it save through the door. Which means the wall can be as thin
as the Planck Constant allows.

....On the other hand, there's the issue of the guards at the gate.
I'll be honest here, kids - I've very little faith in moderators these
days. I've seen too many of them go power mad and punt people not
because they're trolling, but simply because they don't agree with the
poster's valid opinions. I'm not talking about someone deleting posts
and/or banning a dogsucking Nazi troll like Tommy Lee Elfritz, or a
psychotic nutjob like Brad Guth. I'm talking punting someone like D
for correcting a moderator on something related to subs, or Pat for
making a humor post about firewomen, or even me for putting an
anti-NASA troll back under their rock and backing it up with cold hard
facts. Moderation requires skills a lot of today's kids/idiots who are
moderating forums sorely lack, and it winds up wasting a lot of
people's time.

Bottom Line: Unless the moderator's one of us - read: someone who
knows *only* to punt the trolls and leave the rest of us alone - then
about the only thing a website forum could offer is imbedded images to
go along with the post. And that's not a big enough of a deal to
justify having a "Big Bother" watching over your shoulder.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old August 30th 08, 05:39 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

gaoyf9527 wrote:
world of warcraft gold Promotion! Here guarantee the lowest price of
'wow gold' (http://www.akgame.com) in the market! There will can make
your wow life rich and we can promise you will be a hero in world of
warcraft cause you will have more and more 'wow power level'

Does this mean we don't have to kill the 65,340,285 boars?
That would be awesome....I'm getting sick of Hot Pockets 24/7.

Kyle

TROLLS IN HERE RIGHT NOW! troll-update ~~ALT.ASTRONOMY Misc 2 September 14th 07 05:46 PM
To Trolls and others Starlord Misc 1 June 12th 06 08:48 PM
The Aether and the Trolls nightbat Misc 4 June 6th 05 03:13 PM
Trolls and such mikeS Amateur Astronomy 1 February 16th 04 07:15 PM
Pedants and trolls Brian Gaff Space Shuttle 2 July 11th 03 09:18 PM