NASA's budget?

Old September 4th 03, 02:49 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default NASA's budget?

"Christopher" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 01:00:49 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

"Christopher" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:05:05 GMT, Brian Thorn
wrote:

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:27:30 GMT, (Christopher)
wrote:

Does the $14 billion it gets go into research or does the lions share
go into pay cheques, and its research sections gets whats left?

What's the difference? Don't people do the research?

With 20,000 people on the payroll they can't all be researchers.

No, but the question then becomes a leading one.

Even the researchers need janitors, secretaries, etc.

I guess I'll toss the question back. What would research money be spent

on
by your definition.

Id divide the main areas of space research into the following 6 main
areas: propulsion, power, protection, lifesupport, space habitats,
long lasting space suits. And in each one of these Id subdivide them
into physics, material science, computation simulation, and human
computer interface.

I think you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking what areas you'd
research, but how the money would be spent.

If not on salaries, what?

Id then have where one area overlaps the other i.e. propulsion and
power, in a single recerch facility so they can share facilities and
information.

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."
Winston Churchill

Old September 4th 03, 03:28 PM
Christopher

wrote:

[...]

That of course would depend on how much of the $14 billion I was
allocated for research by your congress i.e some, all, none.

Old September 4th 03, 04:21 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Christopher" wrote in message
If not on salaries, what?

That of course would depend on how much of the $14 billion I was
allocated for research by your congress i.e some, all, none.

No it wouldn't. That's irrelevant. Money gets spent on SOMETHING.

I'm asking you what besides salaries do you think it is spent on?

Old September 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Christopher

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:21:50 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

"Christopher" wrote in message
If not on salaries, what?

That of course would depend on how much of the $14 billion I was
allocated for research by your congress i.e some, all, none.

No it wouldn't. That's irrelevant. Money gets spent on SOMETHING.

I'm asking you what besides salaries do you think it is spent on?

Research equipment, research material, material to make bench
prototypes, or Mk 1 demonstration prototypes to show the feasbility of
the device(s)/concept...

Christopher
"Kites rise highest against
the wind - not with it."