Limited re-use seems good.

Old September 6th 03, 01:43 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Limited re-use seems good.

Richard Schumacher :

Better is the enemy of good enough. Holding out for the perfect space
launch system is not going to bring space tourism or space industries
either. It's just going to bring endless waiting.

No sensible person is holding out for perfect anything. If we don't choose
build spacecraft that don't destroy themselves and kill their crews every
couple
hundred launches we will never do anything significant in space.

Well, first aside from the shuttle most present day rockets destroy
themselves on every single flight. The rolling re-useable idea sees to be a
good one, only fly each rocket a limited number of time, then build a new
one. Then you don't need the system to last for over hundred flights and you
are not tempted to fly it one more time at the end of it life because you
already have a new one rolling off the factory floor.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to