ASTRO: Some Field Galaxies........

Old April 22nd 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Preston S Justis

Default ASTRO: Some Field Galaxies........

Captured in the same frame with my NGC2841 image.
They are about half a degree to the south (roughly :^))
I don't know the ID's on these.

It's nice to find those extra faint fuzzies in the same field of
a 35mm film frame.

Scott

--
Preston S Justis
Astrophotography home page:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC2841fieldglxs.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	726
Old April 24th 07, 06:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Preston S Justis wrote:

Captured in the same frame with my NGC2841 image.
They are about half a degree to the south (roughly :^))
I don't know the ID's on these.

It's nice to find those extra faint fuzzies in the same field of
a 35mm film frame.

Scott

--
Preston S Justis
Astrophotography home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/psjustis/
++++++++++++++++++++++

That's what I like about the STL-11000. Same size as 35mm frame so I
catch a lot of those faint fuzzies objects (FFOs?). Not as many as your
shorter focal length would get however. I rarely crop the image as they
just add to the interest -- at least for me.

Rick

Old April 24th 07, 06:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Rick Johnson wrote:

Preston S Justis wrote:

Captured in the same frame with my NGC2841 image.
They are about half a degree to the south (roughly :^))
I don't know the ID's on these.

It's nice to find those extra faint fuzzies in the same field of
a 35mm film frame.

Scott

--
Preston S Justis
Astrophotography home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/psjustis/
++++++++++++++++++++++

That's what I like about the STL-11000. Same size as 35mm frame so I
catch a lot of those faint fuzzies objects (FFOs?). Not as many as your
shorter focal length would get however. I rarely crop the image as they
just add to the interest -- at least for me.

Rick

On second thought they are rarely cataloged so they are Unidentified
Fuzzy Objects. We've been capturing photos of UFO's for years!

It's late, I have a horrid cold and my mind is wandering across the
universe. I need sleep.

Rick

Old April 26th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Preston S Justis" wrote
Captured in the same frame with my NGC2841 image.
They are about half a degree to the south (roughly :^))
I don't know the ID's on these.

It's nice to find those extra faint fuzzies in the same field of
a 35mm film frame.

Scott,

Here's a screen shot of TheSky showing the area just south of NGC 2841. I
think these are your galaxies since the map also shows the double star in
your picture.

George Normandin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version