Solar Prominence - now

Old February 27th 05, 11:59 AM
Kev

Default Solar Prominence - now

I've just posted my images on abpa, along with this....

***
My isp's newsserver is all a muck up and im receiving replies on ng and
email really really async (sometimes days late) so I hope this gets through.
If anyone wants to see a really nice prominence and has the kit, look now!
Usual set up
White light looks deceptive - that little faculae has much to answer for.
***

See either alt.binaries.pictures.astro or...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevdotpye/solar.jpg White Light

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevdotpye/solarha.jpg Disk Ha

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevdotpye/solarhaprom.jpg Whole Disk Ha
Prominences

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevdotpye/sunspotha.jpg Main Prominence
close up

Regards
Kev

Standard disclaimers about viewing the Sun apply !

Old February 27th 05, 06:07 PM
Maurice Gavin

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:59:07 GMT, "Kev"
wrote:

I've just posted my images on abpa, along with this....

***
My isp's newsserver is all a muck up and im receiving replies on ng and
email really really async (sometimes days late) so I hope this gets through.
If anyone wants to see a really nice prominence and has the kit, look now!
Usual set up
White light looks deceptive - that little faculae has much to answer for.

Regards
Kev

Very nice Kev - how do you orientate images ?
ps: my pic at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/pstmg.htm

an hour earlier than quoted - camera still running on BST!
Old February 27th 05, 11:02 PM
Kev

wrote:

I've just posted my images on abpa, along with this....

***
My isp's newsserver is all a muck up and im receiving replies on ng and
email really really async (sometimes days late) so I hope this gets

through.
If anyone wants to see a really nice prominence and has the kit, look

now!
Usual set up
White light looks deceptive - that little faculae has much to answer for.

Regards
Kev

Very nice Kev - how do you orientate images ?

The Solarview50s got a 90degree on it, which is aligned roughly N-S

ps: my pic at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/pstmg.htm

an hour earlier than quoted - camera still running on BST!

ah, I run mine always at GMT.
Very nice pic Maurice.

Kev

Old February 28th 05, 12:04 AM
Martin Frey

(Maurice Gavin) wrote:

ps: my pic at

http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/pstmg.htm

an hour earlier than quoted - camera still running on BST!

I thought it was PST...

Cheers

Martin

--