Pope backs science

Old January 29th 17, 06:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Pope backs science

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

Old January 29th 17, 06:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]
Old January 29th 17, 07:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 13:55:22 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]

Homosexual pedophiles gravitate to jobs that afford them access to children. Not just the Church.
Old January 29th 17, 08:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:13:20 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 13:55:22 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]

Homosexual pedophiles gravitate to jobs that afford them access to children. Not just the Church.

Pedophiles are not usually homosexual. And yes, pedophiles gravitate
to jobs that give them access to children. That is to be expected.
What distinguishes the Catholic Church from, say, schools, is the
degree to which they institutionalize covering things up, the degree
to which they fail to put measures in place to protect against such
abuse. It's doubtful anybody has a worse record than the Catholic
Church in that respect.
Old January 30th 17, 09:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 13:55:22 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]

Homosexual pedophiles gravitate to jobs that afford them access to children. Not just the Church.

Pedophiles are not usually homosexual. And yes, pedophiles gravitate
to jobs that give them access to children. That is to be expected.
What distinguishes the Catholic Church from, say, schools, is the
degree to which they institutionalize covering things up, the degree
to which they fail to put measures in place to protect against such
abuse. It's doubtful anybody has a worse record than the Catholic
Church in that respect.

Pedophiles don't seem very fussy as to the sex of their innocent victims. Only the threat of having to sell off the family jewellery, treasured artifacts, vast gold reserves and monstrous property folio focused their attention on reducing the centuries of abuse. But then it is not a real church. It is just another money laundering investment bank with comfortably lax procedures and a very daft uniform. That's why they always hire a senile old pope. In case anybody in the public eye notices the real purpose behind the [supposed] church. An internal inquisition never seems to have occurred to them.

At this late point I'd prosecute any deluded parent for child endangerment. Simply for allowing any child to be left unaccompanied in the presence of _any_ of the RC pyramid scam, afterlife insurance salesman. Very large signs should be erected outside every RC afterlife insurance sales office (church/bank) warning against likely depravity inside the building.

One day the parental brain washing and indoctrination of their innocent children, with their terrifying superstitions, will be a crime against the child's basic human rights. The problem is it is unlikely to happen soon or even to be backdated. Religion is the one [common] form of dangerous insanity which doesn't result in immediate compulsory incarceration and treatment for their own good. The damage religion does to human society globally is beyond measure.
Old January 30th 17, 01:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 2:13:23 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
Not just the Church.

The Church has deep pockets.

Old January 31st 17, 10:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 13:55:22 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]

Homosexual pedophiles gravitate to jobs that afford them access to children. Not just the Church.

Pedophiles are not usually homosexual.

Given homosexuals (Statistics Canada mass survey, 10 years ago) make-up at most 2.5% of the population, I'd hope they represented a proportionate number of pedophiles.
Old January 31st 17, 11:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 13:55:22 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 19:27:52 UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...c-9822514.html

That makes him more science savvy than El Trumpo and his Ridiculous Cabinet! ;-)
[Not that I care what the head of the Pedophile Church thinks about anything.]

Homosexual pedophiles gravitate to jobs that afford them access to children. Not just the Church.

Pedophiles are not usually homosexual.

Given homosexuals (Statistics Canada mass survey, 10 years ago) make-up at most 2.5% of the population, I'd hope they represented a proportionate number of pedophiles.

Well, your percentage is almost certainly wrong. Over large
populations, in liberal western countries, 3-4% of people
self-identify as homosexual. But when you look at just people under 30
that number doubles, suggesting that older people underreport this.
And when you look at those who report some attraction to the same sex,
the number goes up over 15% (keeping mind that "heterosexual" and
"homosexual" are just the endpoints of a continuum).

Most pedophiles are attracted to adults of the opposite sex,
regardless of their preferences in children.
Old February 2nd 17, 08:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:13:33 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:
Pedophiles are not usually homosexual. And yes, pedophiles gravitate
to jobs that give them access to children. That is to be expected.
What distinguishes the Catholic Church from, say, schools, is the
degree to which they institutionalize covering things up, the degree
to which they fail to put measures in place to protect against such
abuse. It's doubtful anybody has a worse record than the Catholic
Church in that respect.

What about the Orthodox Church? Is it as bad as the Catholic Church
in this respect? Or is it better? Both churches require celibacy of
their priests.
Old February 2nd 17, 02:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

wrote:
Pedophiles are not usually homosexual. And yes, pedophiles gravitate
to jobs that give them access to children. That is to be expected.
What distinguishes the Catholic Church from, say, schools, is the
degree to which they institutionalize covering things up, the degree
to which they fail to put measures in place to protect against such
abuse. It's doubtful anybody has a worse record than the Catholic
Church in that respect.

What about the Orthodox Church? Is it as bad as the Catholic Church
in this respect? Or is it better? Both churches require celibacy of
their priests.

I don't know.

I think the celibacy rules result in more psychologically damaged
people in their ranks, but I don't think they're related to the
pedophilia problem. That shows up anywhere that provides access to
kids, since pedophiles will gravitate to such organizations. So the
issue becomes one of what those organizations choose to do to fight
that.