Sky View Cafe: Constellations, Deep Sky Objects, Summer Time...and source code

Old February 10th 17, 05:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Sky View Cafe: Constellations, Deep Sky Objects, Summer Time...and source code

On Monday, May 1, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Kerry Shetline wrote:
I've added a few new features to my astronomy applet, Sky View Cafe. You
can try them out at:

http://www.shetline.com/skyview.html

The new features include:

* Drawing of constellations, with outlines and names.

* Deep sky objects, including the full Messier Catalog and many of the
brighter and more famous NGC and IC objects.

* Current rules for Summer Time as used in much of Europe, in addition
to the previous Daylight Saving Time support.

* Java source code for the basic computational elements of the program.
(Full source code will be available in time, along with JavaDoc API
documentation.)

Coming soon:

* Point-and-click info (or even just point) for the stars and planets
displayed.
* Event-oriented time setting (go to the next solstice, the last Moon
rise, etc.)

-Kerry

Awsome website. Updated with the latest Java RE. Shortly after, skyviewcafe.com java-based app won't run. Do you think it might be a problem at my end? I've tried accessing it through Microsoft's IE and Firefox. Java RE is properly updated and enabled on my PC. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old February 10th 17, 09:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Do you replied to this 17 years after it was posted. Why?