Einstein's biggest mistakes

Old June 21st 13, 12:05 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Henry Wilson DSc.

Default Einstein's biggest mistakes

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:01:53 -0500, Absolutely Vertical
wrote:

On 6/20/2013 2:45 PM, Henry Wilson DSc. wrote:

Diaper, I just want you to explain why the ground moves north.

who?

anyway, i already told you. you are standing on the ground, at a point a
short distance away from the north pole. you go around in a circle over
the course of a day. that circular motion entails an acceleration toward
the center of the circle, called centripetal (center-seeking)
acceleration. you are accelerating toward the center of the circle --
that is, toward the north.

now notice that you are just standing on the ground, not walking. so if
you are going around in a circle, then so is the ground where you're
standing. and so if you are accelerating toward the center just by going
around in a circle, then so is the ground just by going around in a circle.

Oh dear, you are getting yourself deeper and deeper in your terrible mess.
You claimed that the GROUND MOVES NORTH when you drop a ball.

Now you are content to say that it is merely going around in a circle and
ACCELERATING towards the centre.
I can't see any bit of ground moving anywhere except in a circle, can you?

i really thought you could follow it. after all, it's at the third grade
level.

I know. I used to teach physics, remember.... but you still can't understand
even first grade stuff.

Meanwhile, tell me what happens to a rope tied to the end of a rapidly
rotating arm, in pure vacuum of course, gravity free.

_____|_____.____________________
arm rope

they both accelerate inwards. it's called centripetal acceleration. it
points inwards. that's third grade science.
the arm pulls the near end of the rope inward. that's the centripetal
force inward that provides the centripetal acceleration inward that is
inherent in anything going around in a circle.
the near end of the rope pulls inward on the far end of the rope. that's
the centripetal force inward that provides the centripetal acceleration
inward that is inherent in anything going around in a circle.

....and what would you say about the shape and angle of the rope? How does the
tension in the rope vary with distance? How would any initial oscillation in
the rope die off with time? How would the rope's length vary with rotation
speed?
You might need a little more than third grade to answer those questions...
In fact you might need far more than your little mind could handle to even
invisage to understand that such questions could exist.

gee, henrywilson, are you saying that this third grade science about
circular motion is a surprise to you? just like koobee whorublee who
cannot believe that light impinging on a sphere of glass will be
refracted away from the original direction. you two should blather to
each other about how none of these third grade science claims make any
sense.

You know, I find it most reassuring that that all Einstein worshippers are
invariably ignorant of basic physics. It's quite hysterical really....I wonder
how much Einstein would have paid the likes of Delusional to quietly go away
and shut up! if he had been alive today..

Henry Wilson DSc.
Old June 21st 13, 01:16 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Absolutely Vertical

wrote:

[...]

relative to the ball, the ground has moved away from it, in the
northward direction. that's a consequence of the motion in a circle.
any child can see this. are you, poor dear, still having trouble?

[...]

oh you poor thing. you have resorted to throwing chaff to distract from
the very basic 3rd grade science that you could not absorb.

You might need a little more than third grade to answer those questions...
In fact you might need far more than your little mind could handle to even
invisage to understand that such questions could exist.

you want me to be impressed by your ability to throw chaff?

gee, henrywilson, are you saying that this third grade science about
circular motion is a surprise to you? just like koobee whorublee who
cannot believe that light impinging on a sphere of glass will be
refracted away from the original direction. you two should blather to
each other about how none of these third grade science claims make any
sense.

You know, I find it most reassuring that that all Einstein worshippers are
invariably ignorant of basic physics. It's quite hysterical really....I wonder
how much Einstein would have paid the likes of Delusional to quietly go away
and shut up! if he had been alive today..

oh, i bet you'd like that.
you'd have one less person pointing out that you don't know 3rd grade
science. but since you can't seem to help opening your yap carelessly,
there would be no shortage of people pointing out that you don't know
3rd grade science.

plus, if i quietly disappeared, you would too, as you'd have nobody to
flog you like you desperately want.

Old June 21st 13, 11:34 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Henry Wilson DSc.

wrote:

now notice that you are just standing on the ground, not walking. so if
you are going around in a circle, then so is the ground where you're
standing. and so if you are accelerating toward the center just by going
around in a circle, then so is the ground just by going around in a circle.

Oh dear, you are getting yourself deeper and deeper in your terrible mess.
You claimed that the GROUND MOVES NORTH when you drop a ball.

Now you are content to say that it is merely going around in a circle and
ACCELERATING towards the centre.
I can't see any bit of ground moving anywhere except in a circle, can you?

relative to the ball, the ground has moved away from it, in the
northward direction. that's a consequence of the motion in a circle.
any child can see this. are you, poor dear, still having trouble?

Oh DEAR! The ground now moves nothwards R-E-L-A-T-I-V-E T-O T-H-E B-A-L-L.

Is that the same as saying the ball moves southward relative to the ground?
I can't see that happening at the equator...

(Delusional's wriggling snipped)

Henry Wilson DSc.