Dinosaurs On Mars?

Old February 27th 04, 06:31 AM
Rudolph_X

Default Dinosaurs On Mars?

Dinosaurs on Mars?

Well, not exactly. But, new Dinosaur fossils have been found in Antarctica!

-http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040227/D80VCUV80.html

I was hoping that the rovers would have found them on Mars by now, so my
disappointment was somewhat abated by the find in Antartica.

Never the less, this find in Antartica does seem to indicate that there
may have been a Pole Shift in the distant past that moved Antartica from
a warmer climate to the South Pole, where it froze up. I wonder. What
ever could have caused such a Pole Shift to occur? And, is it likely to
occur again?

Old February 27th 04, 07:11 AM
Tom McDonald

Rudolph_X wrote:

Dinosaurs on Mars?

Well, not exactly. But, new Dinosaur fossils have been found in
Antarctica!

-http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040227/D80VCUV80.html

I was hoping that the rovers would have found them on Mars by now, so my
disappointment was somewhat abated by the find in Antartica.

Never the less, this find in Antartica does seem to indicate that there
may have been a Pole Shift in the distant past that moved Antartica from
a warmer climate to the South Pole, where it froze up. I wonder. What
ever could have caused such a Pole Shift to occur? And, is it likely to
occur again?

Have you truly never heard of plate techtonics? Or are you
trolling for the Nanzeta again?

Tom McDonald

Old February 27th 04, 11:13 AM
Rudolph_X

Tom McDonald wrote:

Rudolph_X wrote:

Dinosaurs on Mars?

Well, not exactly. But, new Dinosaur fossils have been found in
Antarctica!

-http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040227/D80VCUV80.html

I was hoping that the rovers would have found them on Mars by now, so
my disappointment was somewhat abated by the find in Antartica.

Never the less, this find in Antartica does seem to indicate that
there may have been a Pole Shift in the distant past that moved
Antartica from a warmer climate to the South Pole, where it froze up.
I wonder. What ever could have caused such a Pole Shift to occur? And,
is it likely to occur again?

Have you truly never heard of plate techtonics? Or are you trolling
for the Nanzeta again?

Tom McDonald

Yes, well, plate techtonics is a conventional explanation which was
given in the linked article, and most folks are already familiar with
those theories.

Some people are considering other ideas as well. Lots of other folks
think that Pole Shifts may have also somehow played a role in the
positioning of the continents. For example:

"We've been trying to host informed debate about earthly mechanisms that
might possibly cause events such as shifting or wandering of the poles,
displacement of the earth's crust. Some believe that earth's rotational
balance can be destabilized, causing the earth's outer crust to skid, so
that the lands of the North and South poles end up in radically
different positions on the earth...

"Could the poles and the equator trade places? Frozen places on the
earth melt? Hot places become freezing? Can the earth's crust be
shifted--globally--with cataclysmic suddenness? Some suggest
over-accumulation of ice at the pole as a possible cause. Given current
data, is that possible? Has it happened before? Probable? Possible?
Impossible? Or does earth's crust world-wide move only with almost
imperceptible slowness, as most currently believe?"

-http://www.poleshift.org/ps/

Also, many famous psychics and prophets have predicted a cataclysmic
pole shift in the near future.

-http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa061499.htm

There is a lot of speculation going on about Pole Shifts, of why they
might occur or what may cause them.

A simple google search turns up a lot of stuff regarding Pole Shifts:

-http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

I'd be, a lot of folks, all around the world, are considering a variety
of alternate ideas that may supplement the conventional concepts of
plate techtonics.

Who knows what they'll come up with next?

Old February 27th 04, 02:18 PM
Greg Neill

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message

Yes, well, plate techtonics is a conventional explanation which was
given in the linked article, and most folks are already familiar with
those theories.

Some people are considering other ideas as well. Lots of other folks
think that Pole Shifts may have also somehow played a role in the
positioning of the continents. For example:

Who are these "Lots of other folks"? I mean besides the
Plant-X crackpot clan? Anyone with geoscience credentials?

Old February 27th 04, 08:20 PM
Tom McDonald

Rudolph_X wrote:

Tom McDonald wrote:

Rudolph_X wrote:

[...]

Rudy,

Whatever it is, it is not going to be astronomy.

Tom McDonald

Old February 27th 04, 08:22 PM
Tom McDonald

Greg Neill wrote:

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message

Yes, well, plate techtonics is a conventional explanation which was
given in the linked article, and most folks are already familiar with
those theories.

Some people are considering other ideas as well. Lots of other folks
think that Pole Shifts may have also somehow played a role in the
positioning of the continents. For example:

Who are these "Lots of other folks"? I mean besides the
Plant-X crackpot clan? Anyone with geoscience credentials?

Greg,

I suspect there are some. However, I further suspect none of
them are still alive, and few were active after 1960.

Tom McDonald

Old February 27th 04, 09:52 PM
OhBrother

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:22:03 -0600, Tom McDonald wrote:

Greg Neill wrote:

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message

Yes, well, plate techtonics is a conventional explanation which was
given in the linked article, and most folks are already familiar with
those theories.

Some people are considering other ideas as well. Lots of other folks
think that Pole Shifts may have also somehow played a role in the
positioning of the continents. For example:

Who are these "Lots of other folks"? I mean besides the
Plant-X crackpot clan? Anyone with geoscience credentials?

Greg,

I suspect there are some. However, I further suspect none of
them are still alive, and few were active after 1960.

Tom McDonald

Shhhh! Don't spoil it for Rudy, he thinks it's still April 2002
and that somewhere, someone still believes in that rot.

Perhaps he thinks that if he keeps posting and editorializing
this stuff, QueenZ will rise from her throne, ride around the square
once in her grand Zeta carriage and grant him a special audience
to knight him as one of her 'faithful'.

O'

Old February 27th 04, 10:09 PM
Tom McDonald

OhBrother wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:22:03 -0600, Tom McDonald wrote:

Greg Neill wrote:

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

From reading some of her more recent stuff, she's far to mad to
attend to any reality other than her own, not even Rudy's.

Tom McDonald

Old February 28th 04, 02:14 AM
Curtis Croulet

Also, many famous psychics and prophets have predicted a cataclysmic
pole shift in the near future.

Oh well that cinches it!

There is a lot of speculation going on about Pole Shifts, of why they
might occur or what may cause them.

"Speculation" doesn't mean they happened.
--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Old February 28th 04, 04:49 AM
Rudolph_X

OhBrother wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:22:03 -0600, Tom McDonald wrote:

Greg Neill wrote:

"Rudolph_X" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

(Hello O'

Nice to hear from you again. I'm pleased to see that you are reading my
posts again. I don't know what I did to deserve your attention, but
thanks for your comments, anyway.

The only thing that really bothers me about you, is that you keep
spelling my name wrong when you refer to me in your comments.

Hey! Want to hear my latest poem? (I plagarized it just for you.)

Come run, jump, skip along Pam,
How very happy a man I am,
To know you're well and you're doing fine,
It kind of put at rest my mind.

How's your brush and your lady fair,
Not to mention your stained glass stair,
Your flower pot on your window sill,
On top of your honeycombed hill.

Have you found the secret door,
That lets you down to the Earth's deep core,
We'll be there in time for tea,
With a diamond to show thee...