Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar

Old December 23rd 08, 07:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Default Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar

On Dec 23, 8:53*am, Ian Parker wrote:
Getting onto the main point. Was he a liar. NASA receives a great many
ideas from people, some good some cracked. I think what is being said
(in a nutshell) is that NASA has not adopted their hobbyhorse.

A winged vehicle may be the right answer in the far future. To me
there are 3 areas.

1) Conventional expendibles - the preferred NASA route.

2) Winged vehicles - They are in fact being investigated.

3) Nuclear - only suitable FROM LEO and likely to raise political
problems.

4) Ion propulsion - only suitable from LEO. A quadrature spacecraft
could take astronauts to Mars

Of those the only real possibility is "4". This leaves us with the
more exotic possibilities. What about William Mook, what about heating
hydrogen with lasers? NASA has in point of fact investigated this
possibility also. It has investigated small payloads propelled by
lasers.

* - Ian Parker

How much of our NASA/Apollo fiasco do you still believe is of the
whole truth and nothing but the truth?

a) 10%
b) 25%
c) 50%
d) 75%
e) 90%
f) none of the above

Perhaps if our all-inclusive NASA/Apollo thing were 50% truth worthy,
we'd have been landing folks on Mars and especially upon Venus by now.

Secondly, I believe in mostly robotics unless there's no possible
option of such.

What science about Earth or that of our moon or sun has ISS provided
via human space flight (other than proof-testing of their space
toilets and **** recycling), that wasn't actually via robotic
technology?
~ BG
Old December 23rd 08, 11:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default Robert Mosley III from Austin, Texas USA

Elfritz Non Grata wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:09:42 -0600, kT wrote:

The ****tards sure are getting nervous on the usenet tonight.

Quoting Robert Mosley III from Austin, Texas USA from the headers :

bites the heads off of them*

You should be. Child molestation is a verrrry bad thing to get caught
doing, even in a ******** where you live, Tommy Lee.

Old December 23rd 08, 11:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Ian Parker Non Grata wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:43:48 -0800 (PST), Ian Parker
wrote:

Such behaviour would be completely unacceptable in any scientific
conference. No one can deny this. I will not put up with this and I do
not see why I should have to.

Quoting Robert Mosley III from Austin, Texas USA from the headers :

trolling lovers with you, Ian!*

Because you're a ****ing troll, and trolls have no rights other than
the right to be ridiculed and put in their place, which happens to be
back under a rock.

To make matters worse, you're a troll *AND* a loon, and deserve more
than just ridicule. You deserve to have some sense beaten into you as
painfully and repetitively as possible. Scum like you deserve no pity
whatsoever. For years you've polluted this group with your crap, and
the sooner you and the rest of your trolling ilk are eradicated, the
better off usenet and the world as a whole will be.

Archived for posterity.

Old December 24th 08, 02:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker wrote:

:On 22 Dec, 12:02, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Ian Parker wrote:
:
: Insane non sequitur with context elided.
:
: Another A.S.S. reset...
:
: :
: :BTW If Barak Obama thinks that other countries are going to pull his
: :chestnts out of the fire in Afghanistan he has another think coming.
: :The US supported extremism and must live with the consequences and
: :live with them alone.
: :
:
: What a fruitcake! *Even POORLY written software ought to be able to do
: better than this!
:
:
o you propose to lock all the EU leaders up. Are you going to have
:yet another war?
:

No, I propose to lock YOU up because you are obviously not in contact
with reality in the slightest. You're sufficiently insane that you
need institutionalization.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 24th 08, 02:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker Non Grata wrote:

:On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:00:40 -0700, Fred J. McCall
wrote:
:
:Yeah, I do. That's part of why I don't give a **** what a loonytoon
:like you thinks.
:
:Fred, the only reason people put you in their killfiles is that you
:insist on getting into worthless flamefests with retarded dickwads
:like Ian and Chimpko. If you'd just kill file them, then you'd
:actually be a respected member of the sci.space.* community. I've seen
:your posts on google groups from 15-16 years ago, before you and
:Chimpko got into your feud, and you actually were a positive
:contributor.
:

Still am when I'm dealing with the sane. Unfortunately, they're
pretty few and far between these days.

[Death of Usenet predicted...]

:
:Please, kill file Ian as you claim you did Chimpko, and let the
:retarded ******* masturbate by himself.
:

Claim? The only El Chimpko postings I see are the bits Rand quotes.

As for the Artificial Stupidity System (A.S.S) known as Ian Parker, it
needs to be thwapped periodically to demonstrate just how poorly
written it is.

--
"Oooo, scary! Y'know, there are a lot scarier things
in the world than you ... and I'm one of them."

-- Buffy the vampire
Old December 24th 08, 09:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Pat Flannery

Ian Parker wrote:
Of those the only real possibility is "4". This leaves us with the
more exotic possibilities. What about William Mook, what about heating
hydrogen with lasers?

William Mook could become some sort of RLV?
We are going to heat the hydrogen coming out of him with lasers?
I'm fairly sure he emits methane from time-to-time, but this sounds like
a recipe for real medical problems. ;-)

Pat
Old December 24th 08, 12:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Ian Parker

Default Tow The Line

On 23 Dec, 21:52, Elfritz Non Grata wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:09:42 -0600, kT wrote:
The ****tards sure are getting nervous on the usenet tonight.

You should be. Child molestation is a verrrry bad thing to get caught
doing, even in a ******** where you live, Tommy Lee.

Nobody has been caught doing it. You are "bin Al-kalb" the son of a
dog. You are anonymous, your reply will be deleted after 6 days. What
are we to believe. If you are female (you are anonomous) you are "bint
Al-kalb".

The postings in this user group speak volumes about American
attitiudes and why they are universally hated in the Middle East. It
has been suggested that I invite these kind of comments. Complete
rubbish. These comments have no place in a scientific discussion
group. I will not put up with them, nor should anyone else.

- Ian Parker
Old December 24th 08, 12:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Ian Parker

On 24 Dec, 08:09, Pat Flannery wrote:
Ian Parker wrote:
Of those the only real possibility is "4". This leaves us with the
more exotic possibilities. What about William Mook, what about heating
hydrogen with lasers?

William Mook could become some sort of RLV?
We are going to heat the hydrogen coming out of him with lasers?
I'm fairly sure he emits methane from time-to-time, but this sounds like
a recipe for real medical problems. ;-)

No actually NASA has considered it. I feel that what we need are
really novel ideas. NASA has used ground based lasers to heat a
combusion chamber of a small rocket.

I feel that this is one of the things that willl emerge in the further
future. The reson why I take this with some degree of seriousness is
the following.

Let us cast our mind back to Apollo. Astronauts wend to the Moon and
gathered samples. Harrision Scmidt gathered what he thought was
evidence for recent vulcanism on the Moon. His samples in fact turned
out to be 4 billion years old. There was then no way other than
astronauts that could have achieved that result.

Subsequent to that some remarkable things have happenned. Unmanned
probes have photographed all the moons in the outer solar system. We
are now entering the era of ultra stable platforms where we can
seriously comtemplate the use of physical optics to concentrate light.
Could we put something in space which could produce a spot of laser
light 50cm across.

We cannot do this now, but the laws of Physics tell us that it should
be possible to do. This will in fact all go with the territory of SSP.

- Ian Parker
Old December 24th 08, 03:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

: wrote:
: Yeah, I do. *That's part of why I don't give a **** what a loonytoon
: like you thinks.
:
: Fred, the only reason people put you in their killfiles is that you
: insist on getting into worthless flamefests with retarded dickwads
: like Ian and Chimpko. If you'd just kill file them, then you'd
: actually be a respected member of the sci.space.* community. I've seen
: your posts on google groups from 15-16 years ago, before you and
: Chimpko got into your feud, and you actually were a positive
: contributor.
:
: Please, kill file Ian as you claim you did Chimpko, and let the
: retarded ******* masturbate by himself.
:
:I am not the one to be killfiled,.
:

Majority opinion seems to be running against you.

:
:All I have ever done is insist on
:certain standards for debate in a ascientific discussion group.
:

All you have done is act like a loonytoon and then insist that your
lunacy must be treated as if it is sensible remarks.

:
:I am
ne of the people who is insisting on the fact that you must take AI
:into account when deliberating. This MUST influence our decisions on
:manned versus unmanned spaceflight.
:

It does. Men are still several orders of magnitude more capable than
even close teleoperated equipment.

:
:The comments I have had on the subject have been completely uncalled
:for.
:

If you don't like being treated like a loonytoon, stop being one.

:
:If anyone killfiles me they will be creatng a group which
:consists of failed astronauts.
:

How's that work again? Killfiling you doesn't affect YOU, you stupid
****. It just means people have decided you're not worth bothering
with even as a source of entertaining drivel.

:
:I think I have said this before.
:

I'm sure you have. You repeat the same non sequiturs incessantly.
That's the telltale that you're just an Artificial Stupidity System
(A.S.S.) with no brain in the loop at all.

:
:There
:is one additional point that should be made about ad hominem arguments
:and that is that the beloved Pentagon is itswelf lunatic. It is going
:into AI more enthusiasically than anyone else. DARPA promoted the
:200km Las Vegas challenge and the Urban chhallenge and is thinking of
:helicopters that land on a windowsill.
:

None of which has anything at all to do with your own stupid claims.
You are, however, starting into your usual spew of irrelevancies and
non sequiturs.

:
:Is politics/Iraq the point. It is and it isn't. I feel that home
:truths should be told. They claim "sanity" yet they have promoted
:insane wars.
:

'Home truths' now? BWAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAaaahaahahahahahahaha!!!!!

:
o their activities hamper discussion. Undoubtedly, quite apart from
:AI there is the example of hypersonic flight.
:
:http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci...6c3c543d?hl=en
:
:Peter Stickney (Contribution 12) is absolutely correct in everything
:he says. Only one problem though. When this was discussed in
:rec.aviation.mititary (admittedly does not begin with sci.) I was
:called a lunatic for suggesting very similar things.
:

A collection of hints for the A.S.S.

1) The SR-71 isn't a hypersonic vehicle.

2) You are a lunatic.

3) Your idea of what is "very similar things" no doubt stems from 2),
above.

:
:Space Colonies - This was where it all started. Stephen Hawking said
:that we needed space colonies "TO SAFEGUARD THE EARTH". I think it is
erfectly correct and proper to point out that the main risks are
:anthropogenic and that there are more cost effective ways of ensurinb
:the survival of Humanity even there.
:

Merely using "I think" as your justification is pretty weak for a sci
discussion group. This is particularly true in your case, where it is
pretty well obvious from your output that you do NOT think.

:
:In modern dancing people often lift their pareners and throw them
:around. If anyone on "strictly come dancing" had sggested a stage in
:space at reduced gravity (O'Neill type), or suggested any other reason
:than "saving the World" it would indeed be inappropiate to comment in
:the way I did. The fact that I met with a series of lies and
btefusions seems fairly typical.
:

The preceding makes no sense at all.

:
:In terms of the general quality of contributions I feel I should say
:this. Simple_language has layed down the gauntlet. If what he says is
:correct there are clear implications for low cost spaceflight. Clearly
:we should be mass producing expendible rockets.
:

And if wishes were horses beggars would ride. But they're not.

:
:Is there an "Al-kalb" training course? I really don't know.
:

But that doesn't stop you from going on and on and on and on about
this fantasy from your own deluded imaginings.

:
:I must say
:that the remarks that have been made to me are similar to remarks made
:to other people in different circumstances. This suggests to me that
:they all come from a common source.
:

This suggests to me that sane people on Usenet tend to treat all
loonytoons the same.

:
:I feel it is the Establishment at
:work.
:

I feel you are an idiot.

:
:In a scientific discussion group it is concomitant on them to
:justify the views they hold. The fact that they fail to do so is
:indicative of the paucity of any real argument.
:

One doesn't waste time arguing with idiots. One merely points them
out for what they are and moves on.

You're an idiot. Now, moving on....

:
:I will repeat. If you do not allow opinions contrary to the
:"Establishment" you might as well simply read NASA's bulletin board.
:

Yes, you will repeat. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. And it
will make no more sense on the 100th repetition than it did on the
first.

Hint: Killfiling you doesn't stop you from posting. It merely keeps
you from bothering people who aren't interested in poking lunatics.

Hint: You've sounded like an idiot right along. You now sound like a
paranoid idiot.

Hint: If you don't like being treated like an idiot, STOP BEING AN
IDIOT.

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old December 24th 08, 03:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Ian Parker , responding to his own lunatic non
sequitur, wrote:

:
: Space Colonies - This was where it all started. Stephen Hawking said
: that we needed space colonies "TO SAFEGUARD THE EARTH". I think it is
: perfectly correct and proper to point out that the main risks are
: anthropogenic and that there are more cost effective ways of ensurinb
: the survival of Humanity even there.
:
: In modern dancing people often lift their parteners and throw them
: around. If anyone on "strictly come dancing" had sggested a stage in
: space at reduced gravity (O'Neill type), or suggested any other reason
: than "saving the World" it would indeed be inappropiate to comment in
: the way I did. The fact that I met with a series of lies and
: obtefusions seems fairly typical.
:
:This is particularly true when you remember that a "siege" colony,
:that is to say a colony that can exist completely independently of
:Earth is a complete pipedream. What is more they (Fred, Rand et al)
:all know this as well as me, and have done all along.
:

Fred, at least, knows no such thing. By merely a slight extension of
that thinking, Earth can't exist completely independently, then.

Or, to put it in your usual loonytoon vocabulary, are you insisting
that a von Neumann machine is impossible?

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Steve Lindsey - Astronaut Liar kT Space Shuttle 151 December 29th 08 08:50 AM
Astronaut Steve MacLean Appointed President of the CSA (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 September 6th 08 06:26 PM
AG LIAR Rick Nelson Space Shuttle 0 February 7th 06 12:15 AM
Canadian Space Agency Astronaut Steve MacLean Honoured by Israeli Delegation Jacques van Oene Space Shuttle 0 July 21st 03 08:20 PM
Canadian Space Agency Astronaut Steve MacLean Honoured by Israeli Delegation Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 July 21st 03 08:20 PM