cant wait

Old August 10th 03, 11:27 PM
CeeBee

Default cant wait

"Sohail" wrote in alt.astronomy:

for the day when i can come home from work, spend time w/ my kid
(possibly plural by then), and stay up late drinking coke, watching
the stars and read the threads in this newsgroup. school *SUCKS*.

It could also turn out to be the days of sucking kids, reading the stars to
predict their leaving home, spend time with some coke, and stay up late
drinking. Longing back to those school days.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 10th 03, 11:51 PM
Sohail

touche

i tend to be positive about the future and negative about the present. that
way theres always something to look forward to

.67...

Old August 10th 03, 11:57 PM
Sohail

just realized that more than half of those things (coke + drinking + staying
up late) is exactly like school so why would you miss those days?

.67...

Old August 11th 03, 02:30 AM
Fred Williams

Sohail wrote:

for the day when i can come home from work, spend time w/ my kid
(possibly plural by then), and stay up late drinking coke, watching
the stars and read the threads in this newsgroup. school *SUCKS*.

Yes. I remember. The one advantage you have in school is that
you're young and your mind will work well. Suck up that knowledge
now, because it doesn't get any easier as you get older. There's
marvellous things to learn out there. Some of them will even be on
the school curriculum, but not all. Learn as much as you can on your
own, and take what they teach you with a grain of salt. "Don't let
school interfer with your education."

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old August 11th 03, 03:37 AM
Sohail

my thoughts exactly. only problem is u still gotta do well in your classes

Old August 11th 03, 02:28 PM
Don Baker

You won't realize it till it's over.......
But after you're out of school, you'll wonder what all the rush was about.
I'm 41, and if I could, I'd live my Junior & Senior years at high school all
over again.
And.....If school really "sucks"....turn in all your work, and study, so you
don't have to repeat a grade.

--

Don Baker
Go 18, 5 & 14....(also 8, 40, & 30)

ble.rogers.com...

Old August 11th 03, 07:47 PM
Dave Barlow

During an imperfect moment of peace at Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:28:42 GMT,
"Don Baker" interrupted with:

I'm 41, and if I could, I'd live my Junior & Senior years at high school all over again.

Yep, Youth is wasted on the young. If I could be 25 years younger and
only have the stress of getting an assignment or two in on time, I'll
trade, any day. Being 16-20 was the easiest years of my life, beyond
doubt.

Hell, I'm 40 in a few months, have to get a professional exam, work 10
hours a day, commute 2 hours and manage 3
kids/house/wife/cook/clean/finances as well as. Life SUX.

Dave "#insert fouryorkshiremen.h" Barlow
Old August 11th 03, 11:27 PM
Sohail

I beat all of you, I am in univ full-time + working 35 hrs/wk at a job w/
deadlines etc plus 1 wife and 1 kid.

thats stress which is why i cant wait to finish school and "just work" --
its much easier

"Dave Barlow" wrote in message
news During an imperfect moment of peace at Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:28:42 GMT,
"Don Baker" interrupted with: