Daily #4033

Old January 23rd 06, 03:34 PM posted to sci.astro.hubble

Default Daily #4033

DAILY REPORT #4033

PERIOD COVERED: UT January 20,21,22, 2006 (DOY 020,021,022)

OBSERVATIONS SCHEDULED

NICMOS 8790

NICMOS Post-SAA calibration - CR Persistence Part 1.

A new procedure proposed to alleviate the CR-persistence problem of
NICMOS. Dark frames will be obtained immediately upon exiting the SAA
contour 23, and every time a NICMOS exposure is scheduled within 50
minutes of coming out of the SAA. The darks will be obtained in
parallel in all three NICMOS Cameras. The POST-SAA darks will be
non-standard reference files available to users with a USEAFTER
date/time mark.

WFPC2 10772

WF4 Anomaly Characterization

A anomaly has been found in images from the WF4 CCD in WFPC2. The WF4
CCD bias level appears to have become unstable, resulting in sporadic
images with either low or zero bias level. Calibration images will be
obtained to further characterize the anomaly.

ACS/HRC 10752

Cycle 14 Focus Monitor

The focus of HST is measured primarily with ACS/HRC over full CVZ
orbits to obtain accurate mean focus values via a well sampled
breathing curve. Coma and astigmatism are also determined from the
same data in order to further understand orbital effects on image
quality and optical alignments. To monitor the stability of ACS to
WFPC2 relative focii, we've carried over from previous focus monitor
programs parallel observations taken with the two cameras at suitable
orientations of previously observed targets, and interspersed them
with the HRC CVZ visits.

ACS/HRC 10738

Earth Flats

Sky flats will be obtained by observing the bright Earth with the HRC
and WFC. These observations will be used to verify the accuracy of the
flats currently in the pipeline and to monitor any changes. Weekly
coronagraphic monitoring is required to assess the changing position
of the spots.

ACS/HRC/WFC 10729

ACS CCDs daily monitor

This program consists of a set of basic tests to monitor, the read
noise, the development of hot pixels and test for any source of noise
in ACS CCD detectors. The files, biases and dark will be used to
create reference files for science calibration. This programme will be
for the entire lifetime of ACS. Changes from cycle 13:- The default
gain for WFC is 2 e-/DN. As before bias frames will be collected for
both gain 1 and gain 2. Dark frames are acquired using the default
gain {2}. This program cover the period Oct, 2 2005- May, 29-2006. The
second half of the program has a different proposal number: 10758.

ACS/WFC 10626

A Snapshot Survey of Brightest Cluster Galaxies and Strong Lensing to
z = 0.9

We propose an ACS/WFC snapshot survey of the cores of 150 rich galaxy
clusters at 0.3 z 0.9 from the Red Sequence Cluster Survey {RCS}.
An examination of the galaxian light in the brightest cluster
galaxies, coupled with a statistical analysis of the strong-lensing
properties of the sample, will allow us to contrain the evolution of
both the baryonic and dark mass in cluster cores, over an
unprecedented redshift range and sample size. In detail, we will use
the high- resolution ACS images to measure the metric {10 kpc/h}
luminosity and morphological disturbances around the brightest
clusters galaxies, in order to calibrate their accretion history in
comparison to recent detailed simulations of structure formation in
cluster cores. These images will also yield a well-defined sample of
arcs formed by strong lensing by these clusters; the frequency and
detailed distribution {size, multiplicity, redshifts} of these strong
lens systems sets strong constraints on the total mass content {and
its structure} in the centers of the clusters. These data will also be
invaluable in the study of the morphological evolution and properties
of cluster galaxies over a significant redshift range. These analyses
will be supported by extensive ongoing optical and near-infrared
imaging, and optical spectroscopy at Magellan, VLT and Gemini
telescopes, as well as host of smaller facilities.

ACS/WFC 10624

Solving the Mystery of the Short-Hard Gamma-Ray Bursts

Eight years after the afterglow detections that revolutionized studies
of the long-soft gamma-ray bursts, not even one afterglow of a
short-hard GRB has been seen, and the nature of these events has
become one of the most important problems in GRB research. The Swift
satellite, expected to be in full operation throughout Cycle 14, will
report few-arcsecond localizations for short-hard bursts in minutes,
enabling prompt, deep optical afterglow searches for the first time.
Discovery and observation of the first short-hard optical afterglows
will answer most of the critical questions about these events: What
are their distances and energies? Do they occur in distant galaxies,
and if so, in which regions of those galaxies? Are they the result of
collimated or quasi-spherical explosions? In combination with an
extensive rapid-response ground-based campaign, we propose to make the
critical high-sensitivity HST TOO observations that will allow us to
answer these questions. If theorists are correct in attributing the
short-hard bursts to binary neutron star coalescence events, then they
will serve as signposts to the primary targeted source population for
ground-based gravitational-wave detectors, and short-hard burst
studies will have a vital role to play in guiding those observations.

ACS/WFC/WFPC2 10594

The Formation of Spiral Spheroids and Their Globular Cluster Systems

The assembly history of spiral galaxies remains one of the most
pressing questions in astrophysics today. In particular, we do not
have a clear picture of the formation mechanism for bulges of spiral
galaxies. Are bulges of spirals simply "small ellipticals", formed via
rapid dissipative collapse during the early universe? Or is bulge
building through secular evolution of inner disk stars a more common
mechanism? Is there any dependence on bulge mass? A powerful yet
relatively simple way to probe these fundamental questions is by
studying the properties of globular cluster {GC} systems of spirals.
Specifically, bulge formation via secular evolution is expected not to
form GCs, whereas bulge formation via dissipative collapse is. We
therefore propose to obtain ACS/WFC imaging as well as ground-based,
wide-field imaging of five edge-on Sa spirals which cover a factor ~15
in luminosity/mass, and for which spectroscopic follow-up is feasible.
This constitutes the first luminosity-selected sample of early-type
spirals, which will allow us to directly probe the dependence of GC
properties on the bulge luminosity. We will detect a minimum of
~100-200 GCs per galaxy in the ACS images, sufficient to reveal GC
subpopulations, their relative numbers, sizes, and radial
distributions. This study will more than double the number of
well-studied early-type spiral systems.

ACS/WFC 10592

An ACS Survey of a Complete Sample of Luminous Infrared Galaxies in
the Local Universe

At luminosities above 10^11.4 L_sun, the space density of far-infrared
selected galaxies exceeds that of optically selected galaxies. These
`luminous infrared galaxies' {LIRGs} are primarily interacting or
merging disk galaxies undergoing enhanced star formation and Active
Galactic Nuclei {AGN} activity, possibly triggered as the objects
transform into massive S0 and elliptical merger remnants. We propose
ACS/WFC imaging of a complete sample of 88 L_IR 10^11.4 L_sun
luminous infrared galaxies in the IRAS Revised Bright Galaxy Sample
{RBGS: i.e., 60 micron flux density 5.24 Jy}. This sample is ideal
not only in its completeness and sample size, but also in the
proximity and brightness of the galaxies. The superb sensitivity,
resolution, and field of view of ACS/WFC on HST enables a unique
opportunity to study the detailed structure of galaxies that sample
all stages of the merger process. Imaging will be done with the F439W
and F814W filters {B and I-band} to examine as a function of both
luminosity and merger state {i} the evidence at optical wavelengths of
star formation and AGN activity and the manner in which instabilities
{bars and bridges} in the galaxies may funnel material to these active
regions, {ii} the relationship between star formation and AGN
activity, and {iii} the structural properties {AGN, bulge, and disk
components} and fundamental parameters {effective radius and surface
brightness} of LIRGs and their similarity with putative evolutionary
byproducts {elliptical, S0 and classical AGN host galaxies}. This HST
survey will also bridge the wavelength gap between a Spitzer imaging
survey {covering seven bands in the 3.6-160 micron range} and a GALEX
UV imaging survey of these galaxies, but will resolve complexes of
star clusters and multiple nuclei at resolutions well beyond the
capabilities of either Spitzer or GALEX. The combined datasets will
result in the most comprehensive multiwavelength study of interacting
and merging galaxies to date.

ACS/WFC 10588

The Host Galaxies of Post-Starburst Quasars

We propose to use ACS to conduct a snapshot imaging survey of
post-starburst quasars now being discovered in signficant numbers by
the Sloan Digital Sky Survey. Post-starburst quasars are broad-lined
AGN that also possess Balmer jumps and high-n Balmer absorption lines
indicative of luminous stellar populations on order of 100 Myr old.
These objects, representing a few percent of the z 0.5 quasar
population, may be an evolutionary stage in the transition of
ultraluminous infrared galaxies into normal quasars, or a type of
galaxy interaction that triggers both star formation and nuclear
activity. These sources may also illustrate how black hole mass/bulge
mass correlations arise. Ground-based imaging of individual
poststarburst quasars has revealed merger remnants, binary systems,
and single point sources. Our ACS snapshots will enable us to
determine morphologies and binary structure on sub-arcsecond scales
{surely present in the sample}, as well as basic host galaxy
properties. We will be looking for relationships among morphology,
particularly separation of double nuclei, the starburst age, the
quasar black hole mass and accretion rate, that will lead to an
understanding of the triggering activity and mutual evolution. This
project will bring quantitative data and statistics to the previously
fuzzy and anecdotal topic of the "AGN-starburst connection" and help
test the idea that post-starburst quasars are an early evolutionary
stage of normal quasars.

ACS/WFC 10587

Measuring the Mass Dependence of Early-Type Galaxy Structure

We propose two-color ACS-WFC Snapshot observations of a sample of 118
candidate early- type gravitational lens galaxies. Our lens-candidate
sample is selected to yield {in combination with earlier results} an
approximately uniform final distribution of 40 early-type strong
lenses across a wide range of masses, with velocity dispersions {a
dynamical proxy for mass} ranging from 125 to 300 km/s. The proposed
program will deliver the first significant sample of low-mass
gravitational lenses. All of our candidates have known lens and source
redshifts from Sloan Digital Sky Survey data, and all are bright
enough to permit detailed photometric and stellar- dynamical
observation. We will constrain the luminous and dark-matter mass
profiles of confirmed lenses using lensed-image geometry and
lens-galaxy structural/photometric measurements from HST imaging in
combination with dynamical measurements from spatially resolved
ground-based follow-up spectroscopy. Hence we will determine, in
unprecedented detail, the dependence of early-type galaxy mass
structure and mass-to-light ratio upon galaxy mass. These results will
allow us to directly test theoretical predictions for halo
concentration and star-formation efficiency as a function of mass and
for the existence of a cuspy inner dark- matter component, and will
illuminate the structural explanation behind the fundamental plane of
early-type galaxies. The lens-candidate selection and confirmation
strategy that we propose has been proven successful for high-mass
galaxies by our Cycle 13 Snapshot program {10174}. The program that we
propose here will produce a complementary and unprecedented lens
sample spanning a wide range of lens-galaxy masses.

ACS/WFC 10579

ULX counterparts: the key to finding intermediate-mass black holes

The origin and formation mechanism for supermassive black holes
{SMBHs} found in the centres of most, if not all, galaxies remains one
of the outstanding questions in astrophysics. Most scenarios involve
the presence of massive black holes in the early universe, formed by
the collapse of primordial Population III stars. It is predicted that
a relic of this population could still be present in galactic halos in
the current epoch, possessing masses from a few hundred times solar
mass upwards. However, to date no CONCLUSIVE evidence for such a class
of "intermediate-mass" black holes has been found. The most likely
current candidates are the ultraluminous X-ray sources {ULXs}, which
show tantalising evidence for IMBHs {e.g. the extreme X-ray
luminosities and low disk temperatures expected from accreting IMBHs}.
We propose to address this issue by identifying optical counterparts
for six of the nearest ULXs. We will use this programme as a
pathfinder for future radial velocity measurements, which will allow
the orbital parameters and hence the first undisputed mass constraints
for these systems to be determined.

ACS/HRC/WFC 10570

Hosts of Quasars with Opaque Partial Covering

A few quasars are known to exhibit associated absorption lines with
opaque partial covering. These are the lines which are clearly
saturated but not completely dark, so that these absorbing clouds are
opaquely and partially covering the quasar light. In some cases,
ionization parameter and density arguments indicate that the absorbers
are on kpc scale. This implies that at least in some cases, the
residual, unabsorbed optical {rest-UV} continuum component originates
from ~kpc scales, rather than microscopic scales {such as ~100
Schwarzschild radii}. This could be a superluminous host galaxy or
starbursting core, and could be resolved by HST. We address the nature
of these opaquely and partially covered quasars with a simple and
robust ACS imaging.

ACS/WFC 10562

Validating a dark galaxy

VIRGOHI21 is an object detected in the Virgo Cluster HI survey of
Davies et al {2004}, with a velocity width typical of a disc galaxy
{220 km/s} but which does not appear to have an optical counterpart
down to a surface brightness level of 27.5 B mag/sq. arcsec.
Altogether, it is the best ever candidate for a Dark Galaxy. We
propose to image this object with the ACS through the F814W filter for
9 orbits to see if this object contains a population of individually
very faint stars which would be missed by ground-based telescopes.

ACS/HRC 10556

Neutral Gas at Redshift z=0.5

Damped Lyman-alpha systems {DLAs} are used to track the bulk of the
neutral hydrogen gas in the Universe. Prior to HST UV spectroscopy,
they could only be studied from the ground at redshifts z1.65.
However, HST has now permitted us to discover 41 DLAs at z1.65 in our
previous surveys. Followup studies of these systems are providing a
wealth of information about the evolution of the neutral gas phase
component of the Universe. But one problem is that these 41
low-redshift systems are spread over a wide range of redshifts
spanning nearly 70% of the age of the Universe. Consequently, past
surveys for low-redshift DLAs have not been able to offer very good
precision in any small redshift regime. Here we propose an ACS-HRC-
PR200L spectroscopic survey in the redshift interval z=[0.37, 0.7]
which we estimate will permit us to discover another 41 DLAs. This
will not only allow us to double the number of low-redshift DLAs, but
it will also provide a relatively high-precision regime in the
low-redshift Universe that can be used to anchor evolutionary studies.
Fortunately DLAs have high absorption equivalent width, so
ACS-HRC-PR200L has high-enough resoultion to perform this proposed
MgII-selected DLA survey.

ACS/WFC 10543

Microlensing in M87 and the Virgo Cluster

Resolving the nature of dark matter is an urgent problem. The results
of the MACHO survey of the Milky Way dark halo toward the LMC indicate
that a significant fraction of the halo consists of stellar mass
objects. The VATT/Columbia survey of M31 finds a similar lens fraction
in the M31 dark halo. We propose a series of observations with ACS
that will provide the most thorough search for microlensing toward
M87, the central elliptical galaxy of the Virgo cluster. This program
is optimized for lenses in the mass range from 0.01 to 1.0 solar
masses. By comparing with archival data, we can detect lenses as
massive as 100 solar masses, such as the remnants of the first stars.
These observations will have at least 15 times more sensitivity to
microlensing than any previous survey, e.g. using WFPC2. This is due
to the factor of 2 larger area, factor of more than 4 more sensitivity
in the I-band, superior pixel scale and longer baseline of
observations. Based on the halo microlensing results in the Milky Way
and M31, we might expect that galaxy collisions and stripping would
populate the overall cluster halo with a large number of stellar mass
objects. This program would determine definitively if such objects
compose the cluster dark matter at the level seen in the Milky Way. A
negative result would indicate that such objects do not populate the
intracluster medium, and may indicate that galaxy harassment is not as
vigorous as expected. We can measure the level of events due to the
M87 halo: this would be the best exploration to date of such a lens
population in an elliptical galaxy. Star-star lensing should also be
detectable. About 20 erupting classical novae will be seen, allowing
to determine the definitive nova rate for this giant elliptical
galaxy. We will determine if our recent HST detection of an M87
globular cluster nova was a fluke, or indicative of a 100x higher rate
of incidence of cataclysmic variables and nova eruptions in globulars
than previously believed. We will examine the populations of variable
stars, and will be able to cleanly separate them from microlensing.

ACS/WFC 10528

Ram Pressure Stripping and Dense Cloud Ablation in the Virgo Spiral
NGC 4402

We propose to image in BVI with HST ACS the highly inclined Virgo
cluster spiral galaxy NGC 4402, which is an outstanding example of a
galaxy undergoing stripping of its ISM by an ICM-ISM interaction.
Ground-based images at 0.5" resolution appear to show active dust
stripping, triggered star formation, and ablation of dense molecular
clouds by the ICM wind. The near side of NGC 4402 contains the leading
edge of interaction, giving us a relatively unobscured view of the
processes which occur as the ICM wind impacts the ISM. High resolution
HST B-I images of dust in NGC 4402 can reveal the fate of giant
molecular clouds during a stripping event, including whether clouds
above some size get left behind as the rest of the ISM is stripped
from around them, how decoupled clouds become ablated by the ICM wind,
and how the survival time varies with cloud mass. We will identify and
estimate the ages of stars and star clusters in the stripped outer
disk and halo, and from the spatial distributions of the younger
objects, constrain the stripping history of the galaxy. Its proximity,
orientation, stage of evolution, and direction of travel through the
ICM make NGC 4402 an outstanding subject for a detailed HST study of
ICM-ISM stripping. An in-depth study of this galaxy will provide new
insight into the physical processes of ISM-ICM interactions and give
us greater understanding of cluster galaxy evolution, both in Virgo
and at higher redshifts.

ACS/WFC 10523

The Halo Shape and Metallicity of Massive Spiral Galaxies

We propose to resolve the stellar populations of the halos of seven
nearby, massive disk galaxies using a SNAP survey with WFC/ACS. These
observations will provide star counts and color-magnitude diagrams 2-3
magnitudes below the tip of the Red Giant Branch along the two
principal axes and one intermediate axis of each galaxy. We will
measure the metallicity distribution functions and stellar density
profiles from star counts down to very low average surface
brightnesses, equivalent to ~31 V-mag per square arcsec. This proposal
will create a unique sampling of galaxy halo properties, as our
targets cover a range in galaxy mass, luminosity, inclination, and
morphology. As function of these galaxy properties this survey will
provide:- the first systematic measurement of radial light profiles
and axial ratios of the diffuse stellar halos and outer disks of
spiral galaxies- a comprehensive analysis of halo metallicity
distributions as function of galaxy type and position within the
galaxy- an unprecedented study of the stellar metallicity and age
distribution in the outer disk regions where the disk truncations
occur- the first comparative study of globular clusters and their
field stellar populations We will use these fossil records of the
galaxy assembly process to test halo formation models within the
hierarchical galaxy formation scheme.

ACS/WFC 10494

Imaging the mass structure of distant lens galaxies

The surface brightness distribution of extended gravitationally lensed
arcs and Einstein rings contains super-resolved information about the
lensed object, and, more excitingly, about the smooth and clumpy mass
distribution of the lens galaxies. The source and lens information can
non-parametrically be separated, resulting in a direct
"gravitational-mass image" of the inner mass-distribution of
cosmologically-distant galaxies {Koopmans 2005}. With this goal in
mind, we propose deep HST ACS-F555W/F814W and NICMOS-F160W imaging of
15 gravitational-lens systems with spatially resolved lensed sources,
selected from the 17 new lens systems discovered by the Sloan Lens ACS
Survey {Bolton et al. 2004}. Each system has been selected from the
SDSS and confirmed in a time-efficient HST-ACS snapshot program
{cycle-13}; they show highly-magnified arcs or Einstein rings, lensed
by a massive early-type lens galaxy. High- fidelity multi-color HST
images are required {not delivered by the 420-sec snapshot images} to
isolate these lensed images {properly cleaned, dithered and
extinction-corrected} from the lens galaxy surface brightness
distribution, and apply our "gravitational-mass imaging" technique.
The sample of galaxy mass distributions - determined through this
method from the arcs and Einstein ring HST images - will be studied
to: {i} measure the smooth mass distribution of the lens galaxies
{Dark and luminous mass are separated using the HST images and the
stellar M/L values derived from a joint stellar-dynamical analysis of
each system}; {ii} quantify statistically and individually the
incidence of mass-substructure {with or without obvious luminous
counter- parts such as dwarf galaxies}. Since dark-matter substructure
should be considerably more prevalent at higher redshift, both results
provide a direct test of this prediction of the CDM hierarchical
structure-formation model.

ACS/HRC 10396

Star Clusters, Stellar Populations, and the Evolution of the Small
Magellanic Cloud

As the closest star forming dwarf galaxy, the SMC is the preferred
location for detailed studies of this extremely common class of
objects. We therefore propose to use the capabilities of ACS, which
provide an improvement by an order of magnitude over what is possible
with ground- based optical imaging surveys that are limited by
confusion anddepth, to measure key stellar population parameters in
the SMC from VI color-magnitude diagrams. Our program focuses on
regions where crowding makes HST essential and includes 7 star
clusters and 7 field star locations. We will measure accurate ages of
the clusters, test stellar evolution models, gain fiducial stellar
sequences to use in fitting the field stars, check the form of the
IMF, and substantially extend the study of RR Lyrae variables in the
key NGC121 SMC globular cluster. The field pointings will allow us to
reconstruct the star formation history, look for enhanced star
formation that is expected when the SMC interacts with the LMC and/or
Milky Way, and compare its main sequence luminosity {and mass}
functions with those of the Milky Way, LMC, and UMi dwarf spheroidal.
This proposal is part of a coordinated HST and ground-based study of
the stellar history and star formation processes in the SMC.

FLIGHT OPERATIONS SUMMARY:

investigated.)

HSTARS:

10092 - GSAcq (2,3,2) failed due to Search Radius Limit Exceeded @
020/1441z

During ZOE GSacq(2,3,2) scheduled at 020/14:41:37 failed due to search
radius limit exceeded on FGS 3. A ESB a07 (FGS Coarse Track Failed -
timeout waiting for data valid ) was received. The OBADS were during
ZOE. At AOS 020/15:02.28 we were in FN format because of Astrometry.

10093 - GSAcq (2,1,2) results in FLBU (2,0,2) due to Scan Step Limit
Exceeded on FGS 1 @ 021/0806z

GSAcq (2,1,2) scheduled @ 021/08:06:45 results in FLBU (2,0,2)on FGS 2
due to Scan Step Limit Exceeded on FGS 1. OBAD 1: V1 797.90, V2
3859.79, V3 357.03, RSS 3957.54 OBAD 2: V1 -3.62, V2 -5.54, V3 -10.29,
RSS 12.23 OBAD MAP: V1 -1.16, V2, -4.49, V3 -12.51, RSS 13.34

10094 - GSAcq (1,3,3) failed due to Search Radius Limit Exceeded on FGS
1 @ 022/0536z

GSAcq (1,3,3) scheduled @ 022/05:36:34 failed due to search radius
limit exceeded on FGS 1. ESB 1805 (x2) received @ 022/05:34:38. ESB
486 "a05" (Exceeded SRL) was received @ 022/05:41:38. Transitioned to
M2G as a result of GSAcq failure. OBAD 1: V1 -150.97, V2 -2124.95, V3
-306.91, RSS 2152.30 OBAD 2: V1 1.82, V2 -9.78, V3 21.83, RSS 23.99

10098 - REAcq (2,1,2) Failed @ 023/0618z

At 023/06:20:19 Transitioned to M2G, @ 023/06:26:43 transitioned to
T2G. Contacted PCS/SE who advised to perform Real-Time OBAD. OBAD
performed @ 023/06:56:26 and showed errors of: V1 -10.83, V2 -779.38,
V3 -8.93, RSS 779.50

COMPLETED OPS REQUEST:
17620-0 - Temporary Elevation of VTFE While in Taper Charge @ 020/1507z
17633-0 - Modify ROC TC Elapse Timer Limit for Taper Charge @ 020/1825z
17631-2 - VTFE Adjustment During Taper Charge (Options 3) @ 020/2303z
17634-0 - Real-Time OBAD @ 023/0656z

COMPLETED OPS NOTES: (None)

SCHEDULED SUCCESSFUL FAILURE TIMES
FGS
GSacq 23 21 020/1441z
(HSTAR 10092)
022/0536z
(HSTAR 10094)
FGS
REacq 19 18 023/0618z
(HSTAR 10098)
OBAD with Maneuver 71 71

SIGNIFICANT EVENTS:

Taper Charge 2-Orbit High VT Flash Report:

On DOY 2006/020 at 15:06 GMT, the 2-Orbit High VT was successfully
executed via Ops Request 17620. A pressure based SOC increase of ~12
AH and battery temperature increase of +3 degC (battery 5 experienced
the warmest temperature at 2.83 degC. ) were observed. The system
reached charge cut-off each orbit and the EPS FSW performed nominally
during the 2 orbits at the higher VTFE.

In addition, Ops Request 17633 was successfully executed at 18:24 GMT
to modify the ROC Safing Test Trickle Charge Elapse Timer Limit from
22392 seconds to 25800 seconds.

The VTFE was set back to K1L4-100mv as planned at 2006/20 23:02
following the 2-orbit high VT boost. The system was monitored for one
orbit and nominal performance was observed with the benchmark reset
threshold satisfied and the maximum system SOC equal to 246Ah.