Saturn's moons, now named correctly

Old November 15th 04, 02:27 PM
Chris Taylor

Default Saturn's moons, now named correctly

This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
the help with Identifcation of these.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

Regards

Chris

Old November 15th 04, 03:16 PM
Gareth V. Williams

"Chris Taylor" not.tellin wrote:
: This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
: the help with Identifcation of these.

: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

"Thetis" should be "Tethys". Thetis is minor planet (17).

Gareth V. Williams, MS 18, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Associate Director, IAU Minor Planet Center
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/mpc.html
OpenVMS & RISC OS: refined choices in operating systems

Old November 15th 04, 05:53 PM
Chris Taylor

"Gareth V. Williams" wrote in message
"Chris Taylor" not.tellin wrote:
: This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all
for
: the help with Identifcation of these.

:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

"Thetis" should be "Tethys". Thetis is minor planet (17).

Gareth V. Williams, MS 18, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Associate Director, IAU Minor Planet Center
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/mpc.html
OpenVMS & RISC OS: refined choices in operating systems

Now reposted without the lysdexic version of Tethis.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards

Chris

Old November 15th 04, 07:48 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Chris Taylor
writes
This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
the help with Identifcation of these.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

Regards

Chris

I don't know about redundant, but it didn't work for me :-)

Why is Rhea brighter than Titan in your picture?

My favourite program for finding Saturn's moons used to be Dan Bruton's
SATSAT at http://www.cox-internet.com/ast305/dansoftware.html, but it
doesn't seem to work on Windows XP. It's compiled BASIC and I think
something it needs is missing.
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old November 15th 04, 08:32 PM
Chris Taylor

Its not having a good day, is it?

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message , Chris Taylor
writes

Old November 15th 04, 09:50 PM
Roger Smith

In message , Chris Taylor
wrote
This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
the help with Identifcation of these.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

Regards

I get this message from either of the links.

the page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--
Roger
52:54:41N
Old November 15th 04, 10:35 PM
Chris Taylor

Sorry Roger, Please try again.

regards

Chris

"Roger Smith" wrote in message
In message , Chris Taylor
wrote

Old November 15th 04, 10:43 PM
Tim Auton

Roger Smith wrote:
In message , Chris Taylor
wrote
This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
the help with Identifcation of these.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.t...ns%20named.jpg

I get this message from either of the links.

the page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name
changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Works for me. Perhaps the encoded spaces (%20) are causing a problem?
I prefer to leave them out (_ works).

Tim
--
Anyone who qualifies their comments with "just my
two cents" is usually over-valuing their contribution.
Old November 15th 04, 10:57 PM
Tim Auton

Tim Auton wrote:
Roger Smith wrote:
In message , Chris Taylor
wrote
This link will probably have made the old one redundant. Thanks to all for
the help with Identifcation of these.

I get this message from either of the links.

the page cannot be found

Works for me. Perhaps the encoded spaces (%20) are causing a problem?
I prefer to leave them out (_ works).

I wasn't very clear there. I mean when I put pages up I prefer to name
them with underscores instead of spaces. You can't use underscores
instead of spaces if the URL has spaces in it.

Tim